- US Jobless Claims Spike To 360,000
July 11 2013 8:41 AM
U.S. initial jobless claims rose by 16,000 to 360,000 in the latest week, and the key 4-week moving average increased to 351,750.
- GM's China Sales Best US By 200K In Q1/Q2
July 10 2013 3:23 PM
The most populous nation in the world is now GM's most high-volume market.
- Snowden Whistle-Blower, Not Traitor: US Poll
July 10 2013 10:46 AM
The Quinnipiac poll found public support for civil liberties over counter-terrorism among most groups of voters.
- Apple Conspired To Raise Prices On E-Books: Judge
July 10 2013 9:44 AM
The U.S. District judge's decision is a victory for the government and also for states, which are now entitled to injunctive relief.
- Boston Bombings Suspect To Appear In Court Today
July 10 2013 9:19 AM
Prosecutors said they expect a packed courtroom and have set up an overflow room for victims.
- Chile Lowers Copper Output Estimate For 2013
July 09 2013 12:39 PM
Officials say China's slowdown and the Fed's planned stimulus reduction will impact red metal production in the South American nation.
- Gold - Hardly Glittering In 2013
July 09 2013 11:16 AM
Investors and bankers are attempting to cope with June's dramatic drop, as new pricing spurs mixed activity in the gold market.
Actor and rapper Yasiin Bey's -- also known as Mos Def -- latest video isn’t promoting a new song or movie. Instead, it’s a raw demonstration of him cringing and squirming and screaming as he undergoes a force-feeding, a torture technique used on those imprisoned at Guantanamo Bay.
"Standard Operating Procedure," directed by Asif Kapadia, is meant to raise awareness about how gruesome the force feeding process is and how it is akin to torture.
- Goldman: US 10-Year T-Bond Yield To Reach 4% By 2016
July 08 2013 1:55 PM
The investment banking giant expects a long-term upward trend for Treasury bond yields and a range of 2.75 percent to 3 percent by the end of 2013.
- Thomson Reuters To Suspend Early Release Of Economic Data
July 08 2013 11:11 AM
The attorney general is investigating a recent instance when millions of dollars were traded in milliseconds ahead of the report's official release time.
- Boeing Q2: 169 Commercial Jets Delivered
July 03 2013 2:07 PM
More than half of the company's major commercial airplane deliveries this year came in the second quarter.
- Europe Retail Trade Up Slightly
July 03 2013 1:00 PM
Eurostat's latest data shows the state of the economic region just prior to Croatia becoming the 28th EU country.
- US Service Sector Growth Rate Dips
July 03 2013 10:37 AM
Growth in the U.S. service sector occurred in 14 industries, but the overall growth rate slowed and also missed analyst expectations.
- US Jobless Claims Downtrend Continues
July 03 2013 8:49 AM
The Labor Department said claims fell by 5k to 343,000, and the key, 4-week moving average decreased to 345,500.
- Endorsements, Long Careers Key To NBA Player Wealth: Study
July 02 2013 2:50 PM
LeBron James is not as rich as Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett, mostly because he hasn't been in the league nearly as long as they have.
- Mandela's Grandson Charged With Grave Tampering
July 02 2013 1:32 PM
Judge charges Nelson Mandela's grandson with moving remains of three family bodies to a site he wants to turn into a tourist destination.
- Giant Panda At Atlanta Zoo Expecting Her 4th Cub
July 02 2013 12:02 PM
The first giant panda to be born in the U.S. this year will likely come in the next two to three weeks.
- May US Factory Orders Rise More Than Expected
July 02 2013 10:14 AM
Factory orders have now been up for three of the last four months.
- Oliver Stone Petitions Ecuador To Grant Snowden Asylum
July 02 2013 9:49 AM
Although Correa gave early indications that Ecuador could house Snowden, he has since retracted his support and deferred to Russia.
- JPMorgan Says Commodities Are A Sound Investment Now
July 01 2013 4:59 PM
Recent research has led advisors away from their neutral stance on commodities such as gold, copper and oil that they held since November 2011.