- US Jobless Claims Spike To 360,000
July 11 2013 8:41 AM
U.S. initial jobless claims rose by 16,000 to 360,000 in the latest week, and the key 4-week moving average increased to 351,750.
- GM's China Sales Best US By 200K In Q1/Q2
July 10 2013 3:23 PM
The most populous nation in the world is now GM's most high-volume market.
- Snowden Whistle-Blower, Not Traitor: US Poll
July 10 2013 10:46 AM
The Quinnipiac poll found public support for civil liberties over counter-terrorism among most groups of voters.
- Apple Conspired To Raise Prices On E-Books: Judge
July 10 2013 9:44 AM
The U.S. District judge's decision is a victory for the government and also for states, which are now entitled to injunctive relief.
- Boston Bombings Suspect To Appear In Court Today
July 10 2013 9:19 AM
Prosecutors said they expect a packed courtroom and have set up an overflow room for victims.
- Chile Lowers Copper Output Estimate For 2013
July 09 2013 12:39 PM
Officials say China's slowdown and the Fed's planned stimulus reduction will impact red metal production in the South American nation.
- Gold - Hardly Glittering In 2013
July 09 2013 11:16 AM
Investors and bankers are attempting to cope with June's dramatic drop, as new pricing spurs mixed activity in the gold market.
- Goldman: US 10-Year T-Bond Yield To Reach 4% By 2016
July 08 2013 1:55 PM
The investment banking giant expects a long-term upward trend for Treasury bond yields and a range of 2.75 percent to 3 percent by the end of 2013.
- Thomson Reuters To Suspend Early Release Of Economic Data
July 08 2013 11:11 AM
The attorney general is investigating a recent instance when millions of dollars were traded in milliseconds ahead of the report's official release time.
- Boeing Q2: 169 Commercial Jets Delivered
July 03 2013 2:07 PM
More than half of the company's major commercial airplane deliveries this year came in the second quarter.
- Europe Retail Trade Up Slightly
July 03 2013 1:00 PM
Eurostat's latest data shows the state of the economic region just prior to Croatia becoming the 28th EU country.
- US Service Sector Growth Rate Dips
July 03 2013 10:37 AM
Growth in the U.S. service sector occurred in 14 industries, but the overall growth rate slowed and also missed analyst expectations.
- US Jobless Claims Downtrend Continues
July 03 2013 8:49 AM
The Labor Department said claims fell by 5k to 343,000, and the key, 4-week moving average decreased to 345,500.
- Endorsements, Long Careers Key To NBA Player Wealth: Study
July 02 2013 2:50 PM
LeBron James is not as rich as Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett, mostly because he hasn't been in the league nearly as long as they have.
- Mandela's Grandson Charged With Grave Tampering
July 02 2013 1:32 PM
Judge charges Nelson Mandela's grandson with moving remains of three family bodies to a site he wants to turn into a tourist destination.
- Giant Panda At Atlanta Zoo Expecting Her 4th Cub
July 02 2013 12:02 PM
The first giant panda to be born in the U.S. this year will likely come in the next two to three weeks.
- May US Factory Orders Rise More Than Expected
July 02 2013 10:14 AM
Factory orders have now been up for three of the last four months.
- Oliver Stone Petitions Ecuador To Grant Snowden Asylum
July 02 2013 9:49 AM
Although Correa gave early indications that Ecuador could house Snowden, he has since retracted his support and deferred to Russia.
- JPMorgan Says Commodities Are A Sound Investment Now
July 01 2013 4:59 PM
Recent research has led advisors away from their neutral stance on commodities such as gold, copper and oil that they held since November 2011.