Articles by Malik Singleton
- China Detains GlaxoSmithKline Workers In Corruption Probe
July 01 2013 2:34 PM
Chinese police probe the British pharmaceutical giant after its internal investigation finds no evidence of corruption.
- US Factory Sector Expanded In June
July 01 2013 10:57 AM
However, the ISM employment metric came in at 48.7, down 1.4 percent from May's 50.1 percent reading -- which suggests fewer job openings.
- 4 Egyptian Ministers Resign From Morsi's Cabinet After Protests
July 01 2013 8:56 AM
The ministers handed in their resignation letters at the same time to Prime Minister Hesham Qandil.
- Obama Tours Mandela's Former Prison
June 30 2013 5:45 PM
The U.S. President and first family visited the prison where South Africa's apartheid government held Mandela for 27 years.
- Supreme Court Denies Emergency Request From Gay Marriage Opponents
June 30 2013 3:52 PM
Groups claim the rule of law has been "bypassed" and that they deserve the usual three-week period to determine their next legal move.
- Ecuadorean President Says Snowden's Fate Still In Russia's Hands
June 30 2013 3:31 PM
Correa said he can't give asylum to Snowden until the fugitive reaches Ecuador or an Ecuadorean embassy.
- Russian Tycoon Acquires Stake In Swiss Steel Company
June 30 2013 2:09 PM
The move forces out the company's chairman and ends a power struggle between the board and the founders' descendants.
- ETFs Down Record 5%, Lose $13 Billion In June After Fed News
June 28 2013 3:34 PM
The sudden run reversed the record pace ETFs were on for annual inflows to a record month of outflows.
- China's Ding Xuedong To Head Sovereign Wealth Fund
June 28 2013 11:39 AM
Ding was chosen for his close ties to cabinet members and his agriculture finance management experience.
- Obama Uncertain If He'll Visit His 'Hero,' Mandela
June 28 2013 9:35 AM
The White House says President Obama will follow the family's lead on whether it will be possible to meet Mandela.
- IMF Official Says Green Growth Will Create Jobs
June 27 2013 3:38 PM
Christine Lagarde says that green energy innovation can spur job growth in roles that have not yet been invented.
- Mortgage Rates Jump, But Freddie Mac Says Home Sales Will Remain Strong
June 27 2013 11:33 AM
Despite rate hike, homebuyer affordability remains strong for many families, according to the government lender.
- As It Weighs Snowden Asylum, Ecuador Renounces US Trade Deal
June 27 2013 10:20 AM
Ecuador says it will not base its Snowden decision on a preferential trade deal with Washington, which it cancels.
- US Jobless Claims Fall
June 27 2013 8:51 AM
The key 4-week moving average - which screens out anomalies like holidays, strikes and weather events - also decreased by 2.75K to 345,750.
- Czech President Appoints Economic Advisor As New PM
June 26 2013 10:30 AM
Rusnok aims to complete 2014's budget for the country struggling through 18 months of recession.
- Eiffel Tower Workers Walk Out And Strand Tourists
June 25 2013 3:33 PM
About 300 workers walked out after negotiations with tower officials failed, leaving thousands of tourists on the ground.
- Asylum Talks Show How Ecuador's Politics Clash With Its Economics
June 25 2013 3:02 PM
Ecuador's asylum talks with Snowden come just weeks ahead of the U.S. Congress' vote to renew a unique trade deal to benefit Ecuador.
- June US Consumer Confidence Beats Expectations
June 25 2013 10:30 AM
What's more, the Conference Board says the pace of growth is unlikely to slow in the short term and might even pick up.
- US Durable Goods Orders Soar In May
June 25 2013 8:42 AM
New orders for manufactured goods in the U.S. rose more than expected, and the all-important core capital goods rate increased a decent 1.1%.
- Ford, UAW To Offer Health Plan To Hourly Workers
June 24 2013 5:35 PM
The pilot program will address health care needs and prevent future problems among the company's most chronically ill workers.