Articles by Malik Singleton
- Doctors Auto-Shut Off Insulin Pump For Diabetics
June 24 2013 4:46 PM
The artificial pancreas device, a wearable pump about the size of a cellphone, is programmed to shut off during sleep.
- The June Swoon - Global Markets Continue To Tumble
June 24 2013 2:00 PM
The global sell-off continued Monday, after China's central bank announced efforts to systematically slow down its growth rate.
- Germany's Ifo Index Shows Businesses Growing Upbeat
June 24 2013 10:26 AM
Expert analysts say this Ifo reading could lead to annual GDP growth of a solid 2 percent or so.
- Calgary Flood Forces Evacuation of 75,000 People [PHOTOS]
June 21 2013 4:34 PM
No deaths have been reported, but the Elbow River peaked and could remain flooded through Saturday.
- US DEA Agent Killed In Colombia During Robbery Attempt
June 21 2013 2:34 PM
A DEA special agent who was usually assigned to the office in Cartagena, Colombia, was killed while on temporary assignment in Bogota.
- New Vehicle Sales Heating Up In US With Weather
June 21 2013 1:23 PM
A new JD Power study shows solid June sales put auto sector on pace to set sales records in 2013.
- Obama To Meet With Reactivated Privacy Oversight Board
June 21 2013 10:11 AM
The little-known agency was set up to monitor national security decisions and raise flags if the government infringes on privacy and civil liberties.
- You’re Not Imagining It: US Planes Are More Crowded
June 21 2013 6:02 AM
Domestic and international passenger seats filled by airlines this year have noticeably outpaced the comparable numbers in 2012.
- Lehman Brothers Europe To Repay Creditors Another $5.5B
June 20 2013 3:29 PM
More than 1,000 creditors of Lehman Brothers International will accept a dividend next week at 68.5 cents on the dollar.
- Colombia: Chinese Products Killing Textile Industry
June 20 2013 12:55 PM
The country's business community sees China's quality as the same, but complains that speed and price aren't competitive.
- New Orders Seen Driving US Factory Expansion In June: Survey
June 20 2013 10:23 AM
Markit's latest report on orders, purchases and deliveries suggests a solid rebound, after data showed a 7-month low in May.
- US Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Jump To 354,000
June 20 2013 8:37 AM
The number of initial jobless claims rose sharply by 18,000 to 354,000, and the key four-week moving average also increased, to 348,750.
- US And Cuba To Restart Mail And Migration Talks
June 19 2013 6:57 PM
The State Department cautions that the new round of talks "do not represent a significant change in U.S. policy towards Cuba."
- Monsanto Wins World Food Prize For Bio Engineered Crops
June 19 2013 6:50 PM
The decision to give the global food supply award to genetic modifiers marks a controversial and historic first.
- Men's Wearhouse To Founder George Zimmer: 'You're Fired, I Guarantee It'
June 19 2013 12:33 PM
The big U.S. clothier did not explain its abrupt dismissal of its founder, or the reason for canceling the annual shareholder meeting.
- US Telecom Industry On Track For Biggest Merger Season Since 2006
June 19 2013 11:26 AM
Not even halfway through 2013, deals from major telecom players are close to the transaction record achieved seven years ago.
- Mongolian Oil Company Buys 20% Stake In North Korean Refinery
June 18 2013 4:30 PM
The refinery will start operations next year and Mongolia will re-import the refined products to meet demand.
- Global Seafood Prices Have Surged - And That's No Fish Story
June 18 2013 3:33 PM
The U.N.'s global fish price index has jumped 15 percent in May compared to a year ago.
- Starbucks To Post Calories For Beverages On Menus
June 18 2013 12:46 PM
Beginning June 25, customers at more than 11,000 Starbucks locations in the U.S. will be able to see how many calories are in a Frappuccino.
- Nepal-India Pipeline Close To Start
June 18 2013 12:43 PM
India and Nepal will construct a pipeline to drastically cut fuel transport costs to the small Himalayan nation.