Articles by Malik Singleton
- US Consumer Prices Rose Slightly In May
June 18 2013 8:47 AM
In the past year, prices are up 1.4% - or well within the Federal Reserve's "comfort zone" for inflation.
- Ford Makes India Its SUV Production Hub
June 17 2013 4:18 PM
Ford is using targeted production plants to respond to growing demand for mini-SUVs in the Indian market.
- Netflix And Dreamworks Partner To Deliver Original Animated Shows
June 17 2013 1:27 PM
The companies announce a major deal in hyper-competitive streaming animated family-programming market.
- Day 1: Airbus Orders Outpace Boeing At Paris Air Show
June 17 2013 11:51 AM
Airbus announced orders worth $18.3 billion to Boeing's $6.1 billion at the 50th Le Bourget Air Show in Paris.
- Judge From Microsoft Antitrust Case Dead at 76
June 17 2013 9:54 AM
The federal judge who ruled in 2000 that Microsoft was a monopoly, Thomas Penfield Jackson, died Saturday due to cancer complications.
- Will NASA's Budget Leave Space Exploration To Private Sector?
June 15 2013 10:08 AM
One of the first results of the new budget cap could be "no funding for an asteroid rendezvous mission."
- Good News Is Good News; So-So News Is Good News, Too
June 14 2013 5:12 PM
Indicators such as consumer confidence and initial jobless claims are trending positively overall, even if mixed week to week.
- US Firms Showed Profits By Using Full Year's Tax Credit All In Q1
June 14 2013 12:01 PM
When Congress renewed a tax credit, it apparently made some of the missed benefits available retroactively.
- June US Consumer Sentiment Dips
June 14 2013 10:09 AM
Overall consumer sentiment for June fell by 1.8 points from May's final reading of 84.5, which was the highest since mid-2007.
- GM Pushes For In-Car Tech Despite AAA Warning
June 14 2013 2:05 AM
CEO says tech features in cars present an enormous commercial opportunity one day after report on distracted driving dangers.
- US Census Says Nonwhite Toddlers Now 49.9%
June 13 2013 3:37 PM
The Census says whites will make up less than half the U.S. faster than previously thought as growth rates increase among nonwhite youth.
- GM's Opel To Build Cars In Belarus By 2014
June 13 2013 10:44 AM
The Corsa models will be sold in the car markets of Russia, Kazakhstan and also Belarus.
- US Jobless Claims Dip Suggests Labor Market Healing
June 13 2013 8:38 AM
The decline by 12,000 to 334,000 in the latest week suggests that while hiring still is not robust, company layoffs are subsiding.
- Fiat Says Supplier Delays Will Force Shutdowns
June 12 2013 4:30 PM
The Italian car company said that 5,500 or more vehicles can't be assembled as a result of vital components backlogged by supplier.
- Stephen Hester Ousted As RBS CEO
June 12 2013 3:48 PM
The bailout era CEO says the move is the board's decision but he understands the rationale.
- Spanish Authorities Accuse Lionel Messi Of Tax Fraud
June 12 2013 12:09 PM
Barcelona's star soccer player and his father allegedly filed fraudulent tax returns from 2006 to 2009.
- IEA Lowers Forecast For Global Oil Demand
June 12 2013 12:03 PM
A new IEA report also said OPEC countries' crude oil supply rose in May to its highest level in seven months.
- Vodafone Eyeing Kabel Deutschland In $13B Deal
June 12 2013 9:06 AM
The potential deal would help Vodafone compete against cable providers that are conversely aiming to increase their cellphone services.
- Greece To Shut Down State-Run TV Station To Cut Costs
June 11 2013 4:54 PM
Greek officials said ERT cost Greece 300 million euros each year and had become "a typical example of incredible waste."
- The Spy Who Went In To The Cold: Snowden To Russia?
June 11 2013 10:08 AM
The Kremlin said it may take action, if it receives an asylum request from the source of the surveillance controversy leaks.