Articles by Malik Singleton
- Bangladeshi Clothing Makers' Clients Deny Culpability For Building Collapse
April 29 2013 3:15 PM
Families and unions want answers on how much responsibility Western clothing brands have for Bangladeshi worker safety.
- China Lets Airline Buy $8B Of Airbus Jets
April 26 2013 12:08 PM
The deal is the biggest since a dispute over Europe's proposed carbon dioxide emissions tax was settled, at least temporarily.
- Tycoon Hires New Workers, Hong Kong Port Resumes Functioning
April 25 2013 2:55 PM
Strikers vow to continue even though they have been forced to make certain concessions.
- Finance Companies Stop Loans To Gun Retailers
April 25 2013 2:21 PM
GE Capital becomes the latest financial institution to back away from the gun business.
- 4 Warning Signs That We're In A Global Economic Slowdown
April 24 2013 5:42 PM
Leading economies reported poor numbers in the same week, and economists say we could feel the impact throughout the year.
- US Durable Goods Orders Take Biggest Tumble Since August
April 24 2013 10:47 AM
The latest durable goods report signals a slowdown in the sector's growth that will extend into Q2.
- Dow Chemical Q1 Earnings Preview: Look For Near 6% Boost In Profit
April 24 2013 7:01 AM
Analysts expect a positive quarter as Dow moves toward more specialized chemicals and fewer cyclical business lines.
- Boeing Q1 Earnings Preview: Look For 6% Boost In Profit
April 23 2013 10:39 AM
Boeing struggled this past quarter under the dual handicaps of the 787 grounding and sequestration cuts.
- Scientists Developing New Materials For Manufacturers [PHOTOS]
April 23 2013 7:08 AM
Scientists and engineers are developing materials manufacturers can use to make energy efficient, environmentally friendly goods.
- FAA Clears Boeing's 787 Dreamliners For Return To Service
April 19 2013 5:48 PM
Federal inspectors will closely oversee installations and tests of new battery safety features.
- Dock Workers Take Labor Dispute To Hong Kong's Richest Man
April 19 2013 4:07 PM
An ongoing labor dispute hampers business and pits government against big business in a tough environment for unions.
- Caterpillar Earnings Preview: Construction Giant Hit Hard By China Slowdown
April 19 2013 8:34 AM
Analysts expect a 40 percent drop in the company's profit as demand for mining equipment falls dramatically in Q1.
- Spain's Economic Downtrend Continues
April 18 2013 11:00 AM
An index of leading economic indicators for Europe's fifth-largest economy declined 3 percent -- its first downturn in six months.
- IMF To UK, US: Push Fiscal, Monetary Reforms
April 17 2013 12:14 PM
Recession remains a huge risk for large economies, according to new assessments by the IMF.
- PepsiCo Earnings Preview: First Quarter Will See Modest Gains
April 17 2013 5:44 AM
The world's second-largest food and beverage company is expected to report a profit gain, despite higher costs.
- Greece, Troika In New Pact
April 15 2013 10:32 AM
The euro zone's three finance regulators predict Greece will return to growth gradually in 2014 as it cuts civil service jobs.
- Japan, US In Deal That May Increase Pacific Trade
April 12 2013 10:50 AM
However, the bilateral agreement faces opposition from labor and lobby groups and awaits approval from 10 other Pacific member states.
- SEC Nabs Calif. Traders In Ongoing KPMG Crisis
April 11 2013 6:17 PM
Bryan Shaw and Scott London call themselves "stupid" for offering insider trading secrets for $50K.
- IEA Again Cuts 2013 Global Oil Demand Forecast
April 11 2013 4:53 PM
The forecast comes a day after OPEC cut its global oil demand prediction, also for the second time in two months.
- Cyprus: We're Keeping Our Gold
April 11 2013 1:44 PM
Countries use gold as protection against currency devaluations, but nations desperate for funds are faced with a tough question.