- A Man, A Plan And A World Transformed
August 15 2014 9:15 AM
The Panama Canal, which opened 100 years ago, shortened shipping times dramatically and transformed global trade routes forever.
- SEC Steps Up Probe Of Barclays Over 'Dark Pool' Trading
July 24 2014 4:48 PM
The bank's motion to dismiss the N.Y. fraud charges -- claiming only the SEC has the authority to do that -- may come back to haunt it.
- Barclays Files Motion To Dismiss New York 'Dark Pool' Fraud Charges
July 24 2014 10:04 AM
The bank has been in the crosshairs of prosecutors and regulators for several months over trading activity in its LX private trading platform.
- Exec Who Runs Barclays' Dark Pool Was Once Fired By Goldman Sachs
June 27 2014 3:41 PM
The bank was charged by the New York attorney general on Wednesday with fraudulent activities related to the operation of its dark pool.
- Hillary Clinton Says She Warned Obama About Putin's 'True Agenda'
June 10 2014 2:55 AM
In her new memoir, "Hard Choices," the former Secretary of State's views seem prescient on Russia, Syria and Egypt.
- The 16 Acts Of Revenge In Tim Geithner's New Book
May 13 2014 2:25 PM
In his new book, the former U.S. treasury secretary fires back at his critics and many others who crossed him during his tenure.
- Tim Geithner: 'I Must Have Sounded Like Bank Lobbyist' When Opposing Reforms
May 12 2014 1:38 PM
In his new memoir, former Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner admits that he sounded like a bank lobbyist when opposing financial reforms.
- Wall Street's Biggest Banks Questioned In High-Frequency Trading Investigation
May 02 2014 3:29 PM
Barclays and Credit Suisse are among the banks that have received letters from NY Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.
- How Dark Pools Became The Riskiest Place On Wall Street
March 30 2014 5:35 PM
"Moneyball" author Michael Lewis' upcoming book on the dangers of high-frequency trading is already making waves in the world of high finance.
- 'Moneyball' Author Michael Lewis Takes On High-Frequency Trading
March 27 2014 11:32 AM
The acclaimed business writer critiques the use of algorithms to trade securities in milliseconds.
- Can You Really Go To Jail In NYC For Not Shoveling Your Sidewalk?
February 26 2014 12:10 PM
To add to New Yorker headaches, who've suffered multiple snow storms this winter: a law that mandates jail time for not shoveling your sidewalk.
- How Ukrainian Journalists Rescued Documents Showing Yanukovych's Corrupt Legacy [PHOTOS]
February 25 2014 11:47 PM
The recovered documents and information are said to add up to 32 gigabytes of data and have been preserved in a safe place.
- Merger King Behind Massive Comcast Deal Is A Lone Wolf
February 13 2014 1:34 PM
Amid some of the world's biggest banks, Paul J. Taubman stood out as an adviser on Comcast's $45B merger with Time Warner Cable.
- Goldman Sachs Banker's Resignation Diary Inspired By MLK's 'I Have A Dream' Speech
February 05 2014 1:53 PM
Young Wall Street bankers have grown disenchanted with their careers, and their stories are told in Kevin Roose's new book, "Young Money."
- Inside Wall Street's Most Secretive Fraternity
February 05 2014 1:14 AM
In a compelling new book, Kevin Roose exposes Wall Street's most powerful fraternity and the ordeals faced by young bankers.
- Get That Money! Which Companies Get The Most Props In Hip-Hop?
January 31 2014 2:23 PM
When it comes to rap clout, only some of the world's biggest companies are name-dropped in lyrics. Who made the list?
- Who Is On Bob Gates' (Long) DC Hit List?
January 08 2014 6:10 PM
The former Pentagon chief's memoir is the talk of Washington, with damaging impressions of Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi and others.
- Hollywood Legend Tells All ... Again!
November 13 2013 1:07 PM
Robert Evans, the Hollywood producer and lothario, has plenty of juicy tidbits to share about the biggest stars in his new memoir.
- Hedge Fund Investor Reveals Long Position In FedEx, Responds To Clooney Criticism
November 12 2013 12:51 PM
Dan Loeb, founder of $14B Third Point hedge fund, has made plenty of headlines in recent months for his aggressive role as an investor.
- Dan Loeb Long On FedEx, Responds To Clooney Criticism
November 12 2013 11:24 AM
Dan Loeb, founder of the $14B Third Point hedge fund, made plenty of headlines in recent months for his aggressive role as an investor.