Articles by Maya Shwayder
- American Cancer Society Turns 100
May 22 2013 4:29 PM
New incidents of cancer have been trending downward for the last 20 years, the American Cancer Society reports, as it celebrates its 100th birthday.
- Day Three Of Rioting In Normally Calm Sweden -- What's Behind It?
May 22 2013 12:05 PM
Sweden has been hit with three consecutive nights of riots after the police shooting of a 69-year-old man.
- Bangladesh Gov't Calls Building Collapse 'Culpable Homicide'
May 22 2013 11:05 AM
A secretary of the Home Ministry told journalists the committee had found five reasons for the collapse, including "low-quality construction materials."
- John Kerry In The Middle East, Round Four
May 21 2013 9:01 AM
The U.S. Secretary of State will attempt to initiate a solution for both the Syrian and Palestinian-Israeli conflicts -- for the fourth time.
- Bangladesh Factory Functioning With Cracks In Walls After Wal-Mart Ban
May 20 2013 1:32 PM
A Bangladeshi garment factory is continuing to produce Wrangler shirts despite being banned by Wal-Mart, according to a Reuters report.
- For First Time In 50 Years, Myanmar's President To Visit The White House
May 20 2013 10:48 AM
Former Burmese junta leader Thein Sein is now a democratic friend of the U.S., but critical voices on human rights persist.
- Where In The World Are The Military Drones?
May 18 2013 10:20 AM
The U.S. has by far the greatest variety of military drones in the world. Check out the other 59 countries that also possess military drones.
- Russia Ships Advanced Cruise Missiles To Syria
May 17 2013 12:33 PM
The death toll in Syria is now above 80,000 and the number of refugees stands at 1.5 million, according to U.N. estimates.
- Brennan In Israel, While Fatah Wants One-State Solution
May 17 2013 10:21 AM
CIA Director John Brennan is in Israel following a letter from Fatah officials which declared their support for a one-state solution.
- Turkish PM To Visit Gaza, Over U.S. Protests
May 16 2013 2:50 PM
Despite pressure from the U.S. to skip it, Recep Tayyip Erdogan reaffirmed his decision to visit Gaza.
- Twitter Users Are Going To Hell: Saudi Police Chief
May 16 2013 10:44 AM
In Saudi Arabia's ongoing war on social media, an official warned Twitter users that they have "lost this world."
- Clashes As Palestinians Mark 'Day Of The Catastrophe'
May 15 2013 10:29 AM
Yom Al-Nakba, or Day of the Catastrophe, is a commemoration of the day when hundreds of thousands of Palestinians were forced out of their homes.