- Egypt Pulls Its Ambassador From Syria
June 16 2013 2:09 PM
President Morsi announced he is closing the Egyptian Embassy in Damascus and fully supporting the Syrian rebels.
- 5 EgyptAir Passengers From Diverted Flight Seek UK Asylum
June 16 2013 12:27 PM
Scottish police say five passengers on the diverted EgyptAir flight are trying to stay in Scotland.
- Many Iranians Rejoice After Election, But Israel Has Doubts
June 16 2013 11:57 AM
Hassan Rowhani's victory shows a clear mandate for change in Iran, but Israel's prime minister warns against wishful thinking.
- Erdogan Stages Istanbul Rally After Expulsion Of Protesters
June 16 2013 10:38 AM
The Turkish prime minister vows to "crush opponents" after security forces rout demonstrators from Gezi and Taksim.
- Detroit Emergency Manager Paints Grim Economic Picture
June 14 2013 12:51 PM
If Detroit's proposal to pay lenders 10 cents on the dollar is seen as a default, it could force the city into Chapter 9 bankruptcy.
- Iran’s Elections: Up, Running And Extended By Two Hours
June 14 2013 11:53 AM
Iranians headed to the polls on Friday to vote, with turnout estimated to be large but with no front-runner indicated.
- Turkey Update: Tentative Deal Reached
June 14 2013 10:41 AM
At 3 a.m. local time, Turkish officials announced the prime minister had agreed to halt construction in Gezi Park.
- Xerox CEO: 'Tidal Wave Of Women Business Leaders' Ahead
June 14 2013 8:56 AM
The U.S.'s first African-American female CEO said business leaders shouldn't ignore upcoming classes of women business leaders.
- Telegraph Line Running Out, Even In India
June 13 2013 12:53 PM
India's privately owned telegram service, BSNL, announced this week that telegrams will soon become extinct in India.
- Another Greek Strike: Workers React To State Broadcaster Shutdown
June 13 2013 10:21 AM
Greece's transit workers union went on strike, this time to protest the shuttering of state broadcaster ERT.
- Mugabe Sets Zimbabwe Election For July 31
June 13 2013 8:57 AM
Despite opposition protests that a series of election reforms be allowed to pass first, Zimbabwe's president has set the country's election date.
- Death Toll In Syria Now 93,000
June 13 2013 8:13 AM
A new report from the U.N. released Thursday greatly increased the estimated number of fatalities in Syria, with some 6,500 children dead.
- Most Protest Leaders Back Out Of Erdoğan Meeting
June 12 2013 2:40 PM
The Turkish prime minister is still scheduled to meet with some leaders of the Gezi Park protest on Wednesday.
- Facebook Introduces Hashtags
June 12 2013 2:17 PM
Following up on the change that had been rumored since March, Facebook Wednesday announced that hashtags are now integrated.
- Indian Tire Company Buying American Cooper Tire
June 12 2013 10:34 AM
India's Apollo Tyres is buying U.S.-based Cooper Tire for $2.5 billion in cash.
- Copper Prices Hit Six-Week Low
June 12 2013 9:54 AM
Goldman Sachs announced it has closed its long position on copper prices due to the metal hitting a six-week low.
- European Cosmetics Firm Opening US IPO
June 12 2013 8:58 AM
Cosmetics maker Coty opened their first IPO this week, and are expected to receive more than $1 billion in offers.
- Anti-LGBT, Pro-Religion Bill To Pass Russian Government
June 11 2013 2:02 PM
The Russian parliament is due to vote today on two laws concerning the promotion of homosexuality and religion.
- Bomb Threat At Princeton; Evacuation Under Way
June 11 2013 11:23 AM
A spokesperson for Princeton University confirmed that the school received a bomb threat and is being evacuated.