Articles by Maya Shwayder
- 31 People Arrested After $50M Belgium Diamond Theft
May 08 2013 8:36 AM
The Belgian prosecutor's office announced Wednesday that 31 people have been arrested in connection with a huge diamond heist in February.
- Turkey Failing Syrian Refugees: NGO
May 06 2013 4:43 PM
Turkey has one of the highest numbers of Syrian refugees, but the government may not have a sustainable plan for them.
- What Was Israel Bombing? Iranian Missiles That Can Hit Tel Aviv
May 06 2013 12:45 PM
Fateh-110s are short-range ballistic missiles that, experts say, if fired from southern Lebanon, could easily reach Tel Aviv.
- Bangladesh Building Collapse Death Toll Now More Than 600
May 06 2013 10:07 AM
The owner of the building in Bangladesh that collapsed is in police custody and may be charged with murder.
- 5 Americans Killed In Afghanistan, NATO Says
May 04 2013 1:57 PM
April was the deadliest month in Afghanistan, and so far this year close to 50 NATO soldiers have been killed.
- Israeli Air Force Strikes Targets Inside Syria
May 04 2013 1:06 PM
The Israeli Air Force struck several targets in Syria on Thursday night. No chemical weapon stockpiles were hit.
- Obama Is In Mexico. Why?
May 02 2013 10:14 PM
Trade, drug trade, and immigration will all be discussed, but some topics will be discussed more openly than others.
- It’s May 1! It’s International Workers’ Day!
May 01 2013 12:51 PM
May 1, May Day, or various permutations of Laborer's/Workers' Day, is taken seriously in a few parts of the world.
- Italian Foreign Minister Wants a New EU Member: Israel
April 30 2013 1:13 PM
Israel never applied for European Union membership, but Emma Bonino still wants it in the club.
- Meet The Netherlands’ New Queen, Máxima
April 30 2013 10:57 AM
The new Kate Middleton: Like Prince William, Netherlands' new King Willem-Alexander has a wife far more captivating than he is.
- U.N. Commemorates Chemical Weapons Victims
April 29 2013 7:32 PM
The U.N. held it's annual Day of Remembrance for victims of chemical warfare, while debate still rages over what to do about Syria's violations.
- Italy Finally Has A Government, And It's Already Set Records
April 29 2013 12:39 PM
Italy swore in a new government on Sunday, featuring the country's first black minister and an unprecedented number of women.