Articles by Maya Shwayder
- Israel Claims Syria Used Chemical Weapons, Crossed 'Red Line'
April 23 2013 12:47 PM
What will, and what should, the U.S. do if it's true that a "red line" in the Syrian conflict has been crossed?
- New Strain Of Bird Flu In China Spreads: Everybody Panic Now
April 23 2013 8:59 AM
New bird flu infections are spreading outward from Shanghai, Chinese officials said on Tuesday.
- India's Rape Nightmare: Second Man Arrested For 5-Year-Old's Abduction
April 22 2013 1:09 PM
More protests have sprung up around the Delhi Gate in New Delhi after another man was arrested in connection with the rape and torture of a 5-year-old girl.
- Assad’s Unlikely Allies: The Dictator's Friends Among Fascists
April 20 2013 8:35 AM
Despite the commonly accepted narrative that Bashar Assad is a bad man who has to go, some in the West still support the Syrian president.
- Gangsta Rappers In Germany? Yes, And With Links To The Mafia
April 19 2013 2:56 PM
Never heard of German rapper Bushido? He's big in his home country, and he's also allegedly buddies with the mafia.
- Red Cross Warns Of Deteriorating Situation In Afghanistan
April 18 2013 1:46 PM
Following the death of two staff members, a Red Cross spokesman warns that the situation in Afghanistan is only going to get worse.
- Saddam Was Unhinged - Take His Deputy's Word For It
April 15 2013 3:17 PM
Saddam's former foreign minister and deputy premier says the dictator was "mentally ill" when he invaded Kuwait.
- Bahrain Cracks Down On Protests Ahead Of Formula 1 Race
April 15 2013 12:08 PM
The Gulf kingdom is cracking down on protesters just days before the F1 motor race is scheduled.
- Human Rights Watch To Hamas: Investigate Deaths Of Accused Spies
April 12 2013 3:11 PM
Human Rights Watch put out a statement condemning Hamas's inaction on the murders of seven Palestinian men last November.
- Syria To UN: Al-Nusra Front Is A Terrorist Organization
April 12 2013 2:30 PM
Any sanctions that the U.N. might place on al-Nusra would freeze their assets, prohibit transfers of arms, and subject members to a travel ban
- Child Care In Rich Countries: US Ranks Near Bottom
April 11 2013 12:35 PM
Of the four countries that occupy the bottom of the list, the U.S. is by far the richest.
- Israel Has Been Operating In Syria 'For Months'
April 10 2013 1:29 PM
Israel has been covertly aiding Syrian rebels with medical resources for months, and some wounded fighters are taken to Israel for treatment.
- Map Of The Holocaust To Be Re-Drawn
April 10 2013 10:47 AM
A seven-volume encyclopedia is expected to completely change the way we look at and think about the Holocaust.
- Katy Perry In Madagascar
April 09 2013 11:32 AM
Katy Perry was in Madagascar for four days playing with children and meeting with U.N. workers.
- Jewish Terrorist Gets Life For Palestinian Murders
April 09 2013 10:37 AM
Yaakov Tytell killed two Palestinian men and attempted to kill two Israelis. He was convicted in January and sentenced Tuesday to two life sentences.
- 6.1 Magnitude Quake Hits Iran
April 09 2013 9:26 AM
The quake struck the southern coast of Iran near the town of Kaki and the city of Bushehr, near the Bushehr nuclear power plant.
- Hamas Forcing Men With 'Immodest' Haircuts To Shave Heads
April 08 2013 6:35 PM
Hamas police in Gaza are stepping up enforcement of strict dress codes.
- Thatcherisms: The Best of Thatcher's Wit
April 08 2013 12:31 PM
Margaret Thatcher was no shrinking violet, in word or in deed. Here are some of her best so-called Thatcherisms.
- Margaret Thatcher, First Female UK Prime Minister, Dies At 87
April 08 2013 10:23 AM
The Conservative Party leader's hard-hitting, right-wing policies and unwavering devotion to her ideals earned her the nickname Iron Lady.
- Pork In The Moose Lasagna, Ikea Says
April 07 2013 3:18 PM
Ikea's food troubles are not over. This time, pork was found in the moose meat.