- 'Boycott Israel' Event At Brooklyn College Draws Protests
February 08 2013 11:56 AM
The BDS movement wants to boycott Israel -- and when it held an event at a university in the middle of a heavily Jewish neigborhood of New York, sparks flew.
- Riding The No-Pants Subway In NYC
January 14 2013 12:09 PM
The 12th Annual No Pants Subway Ride attracted a varied cast of half-naked characters to New York, from 18 to 80-plus years old.
- Conciliatory Obama Focuses On The American Dream
November 07 2012 4:31 AM
In his victory speech at the McCormick Place arena, the president highlighted what keeps America together to close the bitter 2012 election season.
- On Israel's Border With Syria, The Druze Still Love Assad. Or Do They?
August 25 2012 2:10 PM
Living on land annexed by Israel, but still close to Syria, Druze townspeople in the Golan Heights have put their chips on a tyrant they see as their defender from radical Islam. Some are rethinking that strategy.
- Talking About Egypt, Thinking About Iran: Clinton's Real Focus In Israel
July 17 2012 1:36 PM
During her last visit in Israel as Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton talked about Egypt but really thought about Iran. And made scant mention of the Palestinians, nowhere near as pressing an issue for America as the Arab Spring
- Water From The Sea: The Risks And Rewards Of Israel's Huge Bet On Desalination
July 14 2012 1:39 PM
Israel is faced with a major water deficit, and it's investing in desalination to solve the problem -- but the country's big push for getting water from the sea is not without risks.
- Iran, Syria, And A Red Carpet: What Was Vladimir Putin Doing In Israel?
June 28 2012 5:49 AM
Worries about present-day issues overshadowed unsavory history this week as Russian President Vladimir Putin made a 24-hour whirlwind visit to Israel.
- New Arms Race - Sleuth Eugene Kaspersky Stresses Rush To Protect Against Cyberweapons
June 12 2012 2:07 PM
Hackers gathered in Tel Aviv last week to discuss the state of cybersecurity, amid suspicions that Israel is behind attacks on Iranian computers.
- Religion Or Rule Of Law? Vote On West Bank Settlement Exposes Sharp Rift In Israel
June 06 2012 12:57 PM
Ulpana is a tiny Israeli settler outpost in the West Bank that has been making headlines after the Israeli Supreme Court said it had to be demolished.