- Seattle Shooting Leaves 3 Dead, 2 Wounded At Cafe Racer
May 30 2012 6:05 PM
A gunman opened fired at a café in Seattle's University section of the city on Wednesday. The gunman killed two people and critically wounded three others before fleeing the scene as police begin a massive manhunt to bring him to justice.
- Mickey Shunick's Missing Bicycle Discovered Near Whiskey Bay Bridge in Louisiana
May 30 2012 4:09 PM
Investigators searching for the missing 22-year-old University of Louisiana at Lafayette student Mickey Shunick said they are analyzing her bicycle that was found on Sunday. Authorities said that the recovered bike appeared to have rear time damage when it is found by a fisherman about 27 miles from where she was last scene.
- Knights Templar Drug Cartel Firebombs Sabritas Distribution Center, A PepsiCo Subsidiary
May 30 2012 1:53 PM
Mexican authorities arrested four members of the Mexican drug cartel the Knights Templar after a series of firebombings that damaged a potato-chip company factory owned by PepsiCo. The firebombings prompted Mexican authorities to beef up security at the factory. This was the first recorded attack on an American firm by a drug cartel in Mexico.
- Severed Foot Discovered In Package At Canada's Conservative Party Headquarters
May 30 2012 10:59 AM
A severed human foot was mailed to Canada's Conservative Party headquarters on Tuesday, Canadian police said. Immediately after the incident, local police intercepted a second suspicious package, mailed to the same address, which also contained body parts.
- Todd Bridges, 'Willis Jackson' From 'Diff'rent Strokes,' Announces Separation From His Wife, Dori, After 14 Years
May 29 2012 5:22 PM
Todd Bridges, the television actor famous for his portrayal of Willis Jackson in Diff'rent Strokes, filed for separation from his wife, Dori, after 14 years of marriage.
- Dennis Rodman Sentenced To Community Service And Informal Probation For Failing To Pay Child Support
May 29 2012 3:17 PM
The notable and flamboyant former NBA star Dennis Rodman has been sentenced in Southern California to 104 hours of community service and three years of informal probation after he was convicted of contempt for failing to pay the proper amount owed in child support.
- Suspect Falls To Death From Crane On Southern Methodist University's Dallas Campus After 14-Hour Standoff
May 29 2012 11:28 AM
A suspected armed robber plummeted 150 feet from a crane to his death early Tuesday ending a 14-hour standoff on Southern Methodist University's Dallas campus.
- Elvis Presley's Crypt To Be Auctioned Off In June
May 28 2012 6:10 PM
If one lucky individual can afford to pay the price, then he or she can buy the original resting place of Elvis Presley, aka the King of Rock and Roll.
- President Obama Pays Tribute To Fallen Troops In Arlington National Cemetery On Memorial Day 2012
May 28 2012 2:26 PM
The U.S. must make every effort to be a nation worthy of your sacrifice, President Barack Obama said of the country's fallen troops as he paid tribute to them in a Memorial Day speech at the Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.
- Boxing Champion Johnny Tapia Found Dead In His Home In Albuquerque
May 28 2012 1:12 PM
Johnny Tapia, a five-time boxing champion, whose controversial personal life included several run-ins with the law along with cocaine and alcohol addiction, was found dead on Sunday in his home in Albuquerque, NM. He was 45 years old.
- Harvard Apologizes For Updates On The Life Of The Unabomber, Ted Kaczynski's In Its Red Book
May 25 2012 3:42 PM
The Harvard Alumni Association apologized for an entry in the 50th anniversary report for the class of 1962 in which Ted Kaczynski, the man known as the Unabomber who is serving multiple life sentences, updated his awards and current job title.
- Pedro Hernandez, Man Who Admitted To Murdering Etan Patz, Placed On Suicide Watch: Hernandez's Sister Hopes For Justice For Patz
May 25 2012 1:23 PM
Pedro Hernandez, the former SoHo bodega stock boy who confessed to the murder of 6-year-old Etan Patz 33 years after the boy disappeared, was taken to Bellevue Hospital and placed on suicide watch. Authorities promptly put him the hospital after he told police he no longer takes his psychiatric medication.
- Cabin Door From A Canadair CL600 Lands On Westin Diplomat Resort And Spa's Golf Course In Hallandale Beach
May 25 2012 10:47 AM
Federal authorities are currently investigating how a door from a private jet landed on a South Florida golf course on Thursday.
- New York PS 368 Students Can Study Arabic
May 24 2012 5:02 PM
At PS 368 in the Hamilton Heights section of Manhattan, students who attend the school in the spring can study Arabic.
- Etan Patz Murder Suspect Identified As Pedro Hernandez, Reveals Gruesome Details To Police
May 24 2012 12:41 PM
Police have arrested a man identified as Pedro Hernandez in connection with the 1979 disappearance and murder of Etan Patz..
- Mickey Shunick Missing Without A Trace As Volunteers Retrace Bike Route
May 24 2012 11:17 AM
Dozens of people gathered to retrace the route that was taken by the Louisa college student Michaela Mickey Shunick, who mysteriously vanished while out for a bike ride last Saturday.
- Bethlehem Seal Discovered In Israel, Said To Be Oldest Mention Of Jesus' Town
May 23 2012 5:24 PM
Israeli archaeologists discovered a 2,700-year-old seal with the word Bethlehem inscribed upon it, the Israel Antiquities Authority announced on Wednesday. This artifact is believed to be the oldest object ever discovered bearing the name of Jesus' traditional place of birth.
- Giant Bull Head Graces Porter Sculpture Park In South Dakota Attracting Curious Tourists
May 23 2012 3:48 PM
A giant bull's head is just one of the many cartoon-like creatures welcoming tourists to the Porter Sculpture Park in Montrose, S.D.
- Antolin Garcia-Torres, Accussed Of Kidnapping, Murdering Sierra LaMar, Was Under Police Surveillance For Several Months
May 23 2012 12:01 PM
Detectives investigating the disappearance of Sierra LaMar secretly placed a GPS device on a red Jetta belonging to their chief suspect Antolin Garcia-Torres as they carefully watched his every move for two month hoping he would lead them to the missing California teenager. Investigators had questioned him several times as they collected evidence and interviewed witnesses building a case against the alleged murderer.
- Emanuela Orlandi, 15, Killed To Cover Up Vatican 'Sex Parties,' Claims Father Gabriele Amorth
May 23 2012 10:39 AM
Father Gabriele Amorth, who was appointed by Pope John Paul II as the chief exorcist of the Vatican, claims that the a teenage girl who went missing in the 80s, Emanuela Orlandi, was murdered as part of a underground Vatican sex parties with ties to the organized crime and foreign embassies.