Articles by Michael Billera
- Stephen Andrew Hall Of Fort Worth, Texas Sentenced To 45 Years For Drunk Driving
May 22 2012 5:24 PM
Stephen Andrew Hall of Fort Worth, Texas has been sentenced to 45 years in prison after he was arrested for driving a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol level of .18.
- Nathan Bihlmaier Found Dead, Police Divers Discover Body In The Old Port Section Of Portland
May 22 2012 3:15 PM
Police in Portland, Maine, have discovered the body of a missing Harvard Business school student, Nathan Bihlmaier, who went missing on Saturday and was last seen near the waterfront of the city's Old Port.
- Sandra Layne, 74-Year-Old Grandmother, Shoots Grandson Jonathan Hoffman 8 Times, Faces Murder Charges
May 22 2012 12:04 PM
A 74-year-old grandmother, Sandra Layne, is charged with murder in the shooting death of her 17-year-old grandson, Jonathan Hoffman. Layne was in court on Monday, facing the judge as her lawyer entered a plea of not guilty.
- Antolin Garcia-Torres Arrested In Connection With Kidnapping, Murder Of Sierra LaMar
May 22 2012 10:37 AM
Police officials investigating the disappearance of a missing California teenager, Sierra LaMar, have arrested Antolin Garcia-Torres Monday evening in connection with her kidnapping and murder.
- Takeshi Miyakawa Arrested For Allegedly Planting Fake Bombs In 'I Heart NY' Bags In Brooklyn
May 21 2012 5:35 PM
A high-profile designer, Takeshi Miyakawa, has been arrested by the New York City Police Department for planting fake bombs in ?I Heart NY? bags across the city. He is being held for a monthlong evaluation.
- California Authorities Find Nearly Four Tons Of Marijuana Floating Off Of Dana Point
May 21 2012 4:31 PM
California authorities made a staggering discovery after they pulled in nearly four tons of marijuana off of southern California's coast on Sunday.
- Jessica Ennis Breaks Personal Record at CityGames, But Officials Invalidate Race Due To Hurdles Error
May 21 2012 2:33 PM
Jessica Ennis crossed the finish line of a scheduled race just two weeks before the London Olympics believing she broke her personal record in the 100m hurdles at the Great City Games in Manchester on Sunday. However, officials and event organizers made a fatal error; they did not have the correct amount of hurdles on the track.
- Scientists Discover An Extinct Giant Turtle, The Carbonemys Cofrinii, Or 'Coal Turtle' The Size Of A Car
May 21 2012 11:52 AM
Researchers from the University of Florida in conjunction with scientists from North Carolina State University and the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute, and the Florida Museum of Natural History have published their findings regarding an extinct giant turtle that is estimated to be the size of a small vehicle from a Colombian coal mine.
- Three Climbers Reported Dead Scaling Mount Everest: Eberhard Schaaf, Shriya Shah, and Song Won-bin Dead, Two Others Missing
May 21 2012 10:18 AM
Three climbers who completed a dangerous climb on the famed Mount Everest have been found dead on their descent down, while two others are reported to be missing. German doctor Eberhard Schaaf, 61, Nepal-born Canadian Shriya Shah, and South Korean Song Won-bin have been reported dead, while a Chinese national and his Nepalese Sherpa guide have yet to be found, officials said on Monday.
- Desmond Hatchett Of Tennessee Has 30 Children With 11 Different Women
May 18 2012 4:01 PM
Desmond Hatchett is hoping state officials from Tennessee will show him leniency because he cannot pay his child support for his 30 children with 11 different women.
- Colorado Wildfire Approaches Milton Seaman Reservoir As Firefighters Prepare For Rising Temps. And Dry Thunderstorms
May 18 2012 12:46 PM
As the wildfires in Colorado rages on, more than 500 firefighters are being deployed to 12 square miles of flames in order to prevent the blaze from reaching a reservoir for the city of Greeley. However, rising temperatures and dry thunderstorms will make their work all the more difficult and dangerous.
- James Corley of The Queens Supreme Team Arrested In Major Drug Taketown Along With 44 Others
May 18 2012 10:57 AM
A notorious drug dealer who began his life of crime in the 1980s during the crack epidemic was finally brought to justice along with dozens of other criminals in New York on Thursday. James Corley, 51, who evaded police for nearly 30 years, was charged with criminal sale of a controlled substance after a 15-month investigation by the NYPD.
- Isabel Celis Still Missing; Prior Child Protective Services Visits To Family Revealed
May 17 2012 5:25 PM
In December, several months before Isabel Celis was reported missing, Child Protective Services workers visited the home.
- Michael Sanchez Of San Jose Found Alive, But Unconscious After A Car Crash A Week Earlier
May 17 2012 3:49 PM
A man who had been missing for about week is in the hospital after police discovered him in a wooded area on Highway 101 where his wrecked pick-up truck was discovered several days earlier.
- Pastor Marvin Winans Carjacked And Assaulted At Detroit Gas Station: 'I'm Just Saddened That It Has Come To This'
May 17 2012 12:26 PM
A popular Detroit pastor, preacher and singer, Marvin Winans, was assaulted and had his car stolen on Wednesday afternoon after he stopped at a gas station on the city's west side.
- USS Essex Crashes Into Refueling Tanker, USNS Yukon, Off The Coast Of California
May 17 2012 10:42 AM
The Navy began assessing the damage of the USS Essex after it collided with a refueling tanker, USNS Yukon, in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of California. Early reports indicate that the Essex experienced technical difficulties with its steering.
- Steve Powell, Josh Powell's Father, Convicted Of 14 Counts Of Voyeurism
May 16 2012 5:18 PM
On Wednesday, a jury convicted Steve Powell on 14 charges of voyeurism that stemmed from a 2009 investigation into the disappearance of his daughter in-law Susan Powell, who has not been found.
- Shark Attacks Kayak As Joey Nocchi Faces Off With A 14-Foot Deadly Predator
May 16 2012 2:43 PM
California kayaker Joey Nocchi endured a tense moment after going toe-to-toe with a 14-foot-long shark.
- Donnell Battie Sues Wal-Mart For $1 Million After 'All Black People Must Leave The Store' Announcement
May 16 2012 11:48 AM
Donnell Battie from Winslow, N.J. is seeking $1 million in punitive damages from Wal-Mart after he said he was traumatized by a public address announced that said Attention, Wal-Mart customers. All black people must leave the store.
- Legion Of Christ Religious Order Rocked By Scandal As Rev. Thomas Williams Admits To Fathering Child
May 16 2012 10:35 AM
The Legion of Christ religious order has been struck with another scandal after Rev. Thomas Williams admitted that he had fathered a child years ago, while still preaching about morality and ethics.