- A Detroit woman, Adaisha Miller, was killed at a party after she was accidentally shot from an off-duty policeman's gun while she hugged him.
- Denise Rich, the wealthy socialite and former wife of controversial billionaire trader Marc Rich, has renounced her United States citizenship thereby saving her millions of dollars in U.S. taxes.
- Three people were gored during the running of the bulls through the streets of Pamplona in northern Spain on Monday.
- Scott Peterson filed his automatic appeal of his 2004 death sentence to the California Supreme Court, maintaining that he had nothing to do with the murder of his wife Laci Peterson and his unborn son.
- A Massachusetts man made good on a promise to make his last mortgage payment on his home with pennies.
- A mentally ill Missouri woman, Stephanie Hicks, committed suicide by shooting herself in the head with an officer's gun while getting a ride to a local hospital.
- Three children have died and 24 others have been rescued from the water after a yacht capsized on the Fourth of July in the Long Island Sound.
- Thomas Lopez, a lifeguard a Florida's Hallandale Beach, was fired for leaving his official work zone in order save the life of a drowning swimmer.
- A giant dinosaur disappeared from a Montana truck stop, and the owners have no leads as to who stole their attraction.
- A man named Ondrej Jajcaj said that he has extracted the teeth of some of the world's most famous composers, including Johann Strauss and Johannes Brahms. He also promises that the teeth will be on display at an exhibition that will include objects he stole from other graves.
- The giant crocodile Lolong, which has brought a reign of terror, pride and tourism to a southern Philippines town, has been captured and has now claimed a spot in record books.
- Jeneba Tarmoh had opted to concede the final Olympic Spot in the 100 meter run rather face Allyson Felix in a runoff after the two women tied in a previous race.
Andrew Oberle, University Of Texas Student, Who Was Mauled By Two Chimpanzees In South Africa, Is Out Of SurgeryAndrew Oberle, the U.S. graduate student who was attacked by two chimpanzees while leading a tour at the Jane Goodall Sanctuary in South Africa, reportedly underwent six hours of surgery on Sunday and is recovering from his injuries.
- The legendary outlaw Billy the Kid's tombstone was vandalized last week by unknown criminals as they tipped over the 2,000 pound tombstone.
- A University of Texas graduate student, Andrew Oberle, fought for his life in South Africa as two chimpanzees pounced on him at a reserve where he was studying their behavior. The primates dragged the injured man along the ground for more than a mile as he tried to break free.
- A medical examiner concluded that 11-year-old Ashton Jojo of New York was electrocuted at a miniature golf course near Orlando while trying to retrieve a ball from a pond.
Carnel Chamberlain Found Dead At His Home At The Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe Reservation, George Bennett ArrestedFamily and friends are giving the loss of Carnel Chamberlain, the 4-year-old boy who was found dead after missing for a week. His family said that investigators found his body under the porch of his home.
- Military investigators said Thursday that wreckage found on an Alaskan glacier is from an Air Force cargo plane that crashed almost 60 years ago, killing all 52 people aboard.
$9,000 Water Bill? Blayne Beacham Gets Hefty Invoice From Atlanta's Department of Watershed ManagementAn Atlanta homeowner, Blayne Beacham, opened up her monthly water bill only to discovered that it would cost her $9,224.40 for apparent water usage in her three-bedroom cottage.