Articles by Michael Nunez
- Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson Leaves With $7M After 5 Months Despite Fabricated Resume
May 15 2012 3:14 PM
Former CEO of Yahoo Scott Thompson will be paid $7 million in bonuses for five months of work. He will not receive a severance package. Thompson is succeeded by Yahoo CEO Ross Levinsohn.
- Facebook Users Distrust Company, Apathetic Toward Ads [REPORT]
May 15 2012 11:59 AM
A new study revealed that most Facebook users do not trust the company to keep their information private. It also revealed that a large majority of respondents rarely interact with ads or other sponsored links on the site.
- GameStop Will Sell Steam Vouchers For $20, $50
May 14 2012 6:17 PM
GameStop, in an effort to push digital sales, will be $20 and $50 vouchers to be used on Steam, the video game distribution platform for Mac and PC games, at all of its U.S. retail locations.
- Twitter Launches ?Best Of Twitter? Email Newsletter
May 14 2012 4:28 PM
Twitter has launched a new email newsletter that will be delivered weekly. The email will include the most-shared stories from the users that a given person follows and some of the most engaging tweets.
- Mona Dotcom Wants $155K Mercedes Benz Back, Holds No Valid Driver's License
May 14 2012 12:21 PM
Mona Dotcom, wife of MegaUpload.com founder Kim Dotcom, was apparently spoiled rotten -- and now she wants her stuff back from the government.
- NASA Challenges Public To Build Apps Using Planetary Data System
May 14 2012 11:14 AM
NASA is challenging students, teachers, game developers and interested civilians to create web and mobile-based apps using data from the planetary data system.
- Silver Lake Partners Expresses Interest In Monster Acquisition: Report
May 11 2012 8:40 PM
The LinkedIn Corp. (NYSE: LNKD), the business-related social-networking company, considered buying online job-listings provider Monster Worldwide Inc. (NYSE: MWW), but decided against the purchase, according to Reuters. Meanwhile, the private-equity firm Silver Lake Partners continues to have interest.
- Kickstarter 'Pebble Smartwatch' Project Surpsasses $10M, Most-Financed Project Ever
May 11 2012 3:25 PM
The Pebble Smartwatch, a wrist watch that connects to mobile devices such as a smartphone or tablet, recently became the most-financed project in the history of Kickstarter, the crowd-sourced funding platform. As of today, the project has raised more than $10 million.
- Jimmy Kimmel ?Mom Of The Year? Award Won By Leather-Faced Tanning Mom, Patricia Krentcil [VIDEO]
May 11 2012 1:27 PM
Jimmy Kimmel awarded Tanning Mom the Mom of the Year award on his show. Then, there was a memorable acceptance speech.
- US Postal Service Will Not Ship Tablets, Smartphones Internationally Starting May 16
May 11 2012 12:20 PM
The United States Postal Service has banned the international shipment of tablets, smartphones and other devices that contain lithium ion, lithium alloy and rechargeable batteries. The ban goes into effect starting May 16.
- Amazon Colored E-Ink Kindle Could Be Coming Soon [REPORT]
May 11 2012 11:43 AM
Amazon could be launching a color Kindle e-book reader in the second half of 2012 according to a new report.
- Microsoft Bing To Include Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Quora, Other Social Networks [VIDEO]
May 10 2012 5:47 PM
Bing, the third most popular search engine in America, has been drastically redesigned. Even more shocking than the site's fresh new look is the new social media integration.
- Nina Dobrev Gropes Conan O?Brien With Her Feet Using Yoga Move [VIDEO]
May 10 2012 3:43 PM
Nina Dobrev, the 23-year-old Bulgarian-born Canadian model and actress, recently paid a visit to Conan to promote the hit television show she stars on, the Vampire Diaries. During the show, Dobrev demonstrated a yoga move to Conan during which she groped him with her feet.
- Jon Hamm Gives Advice To Teenage Girls For Rookie Magazine [VIDEO]
May 09 2012 5:40 PM
The lead actor of AMC's hit series Mad Men, Jon Hamm, recently filmed a video for Rookie, the online publication for teenage girls. Hamm answers several questions for teenage fans including sensitive subjects such as whether it's okay to fart in front of significant others and whether guys experience the same gut-wrenching feelings that girls do when they fall in love.
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg?s Hoodie Peeves Wall St. Veteran
May 09 2012 3:42 PM
Mark Zuckerberg?s appearance in the kickoff to Facebook?s IPO roadshow this week was generally seen as a success, except for one tiny detail: Some Wall Street veterans thought that Zuckerberg?s attire -- his trademark hoodie and jeans -- was an abomination.
- AOL CEO Tim Armstrong: Not Selling TechCrunch, Not Worried About Starboard Value
May 09 2012 1:07 PM
CEO of AOL Tim Armstrong set out to settle all the rumors and address the growing concerns among Patch employees and AOL investors this morning in a conference call.
- AOL Might Sell TechCrunch, Engadget, Joystiq, Others For $70M-100M Before The Year?s End [Report]
May 09 2012 11:31 AM
AOL is shopping TechCrunch, Engadget, Joystiq and other properties of AOL Tech according to a recent PandoDaily report.
- Zynga's Draw Something Players Leaving In Droves
May 09 2012 3:32 AM
Draw Something, the popular doodling app that was recently bought by Zynga as part of a $200 million deal in March, appears to be losing its mojo: Recent data from Appdata shows that Draw Something players are leaving in droves.
- Puppy Brains Scanned For Insight Into Human-Dog Relationships
May 08 2012 4:57 PM
Thanks to researchers from Emory University, you may soon know more about what your dog is thinking. The research team, who published their findings in PLoS One, attempted to learn more about human-dog relationships from the perspective of a canine.
- ?Robopocalypse? Author Daniel Wilson: How To Survive Robot Apocalypse Via Animated YouTube Video
May 08 2012 1:47 PM
?Robopocalypse? author Daniel Wilson explains how to surivive a robot apocalypse in an animated YouTube video.