- Facebook IPO Roadshow Begins, Mark Zuckerberg Explains Instagram Purchase: Twitter Was Interested Too
May 08 2012 11:11 AM
Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg reportedly spoke to a group of New York investors to explain his vision for Facebook's long-term growth strategy during the kickoff to the company's IPO Roadshow. Zuckerberg also explained his company's purchase of Instagram, which could be worth more than $1 billion.
- Microsoft Xbox 360 With Kinect Only $99, Only At 16 US Microsoft Stores
May 07 2012 6:55 PM
The Microsoft Xbox 360 with Kinect is only $99 -- if you're able to get to one of the 16 participating Microsoft Stores in the United States
- Google, Determined To Kill TV, Invests In Machinima
May 07 2012 3:48 PM
Google has invested in Machinima according to a new AllThingsD report. The announcement was made in the wake of the company's $200 million commitment to promoting YouTube across the Google content network.
- Evernote Acquires Penultimate After Raising $70M at $1B Valuation
May 07 2012 11:17 AM
In the wake of raising $70 million in a Series D round of funding, the popular cloud-based note-taking service Evernote has announced that it has acquired Cocoa Box Design, the publisher of popular iPad handwriting app Penultimate.
- Researchers Use Microsoft Kinect 3D Video Conferencing That Mimics Tech In Star Wars
May 04 2012 6:13 PM
Ever wonder what it would be like to interact with a 3D hologram like the ones that appear in Star Wars? A team of researchers at Queen's University in Toronto is working on creating a way to project 3D holograms for video chat using a Micosoft Kinect.
- Draw Something Players Have Been Drawing Advertisements
May 04 2012 4:36 PM
Zynga recently began featuring popular brands and brand-related words as choices in Draw Something. Users have been willing drawing brand-related words in Draw Something.
- Google News Adds Realtime Coverage, Google Plus Discussion: Is The Information Provided Actually Relevant?
May 04 2012 12:42 PM
Google News U.S. Edition has added new features to its homepage that will help keep readers updated one the latest news breaks. But is the company providing the most relevant conversations surrounding news stories?
- Revision3, Internet TV Startup, Purchased For $30M By Discovery Channel [REPORT]
May 03 2012 7:28 PM
Kevin Rose, the founder of Digg.com and Revision3, recently announced that Revision3 has been acquired by the Discovery Communications, the parent company of the Discovery Channel.
- YouTube Invests $200M To Promote Channels, Supplements $100M Toward Channel Creation
May 03 2012 6:05 PM
YouTube is eager to drive more traffic to its original content channels and change its image as a hosting site for viral content and other homemade videos.
- Does Evernote's $1B Valuation Signal A Technology Bubble?
May 03 2012 11:55 AM
Evernote's $1 billion valuation, among the recent success of other technology companies, raises questions about whether there's a technology bubble that's ready to burst.
- Facebook Launches 'Action Links' To Interact With Various Open Graph Apps
May 02 2012 9:02 PM
Facebook introduced a new feature to Timeline that will allow people to perform new functions from stories that appear in their news feed, timeline or ticker. The feature addition is being called action links.
- Windows Phone Plagued By Porn Apps, Microsoft Takes Action Against It
May 02 2012 4:54 PM
Microsoft's Windows Phone operating system has plagued by porn apps. The company intends to put an end to that with an emphasis on the user guidelines.
- Nokia Sues HTC, RIM, Viewsonic Over Patent Dispute: Is Patent Litigation More Important Than Innovation?
May 02 2012 1:35 PM
Nokia is filing patent suits against HTC, Research in Motion and Viewsonic in the U.S. and Germany over technology used in mobile devices from each of the companies.Their actions parallel those taken by several other major technology companies including Google, Facebook and Motorola.
- Google Gmail Adds Auto-Translation Tool, Tweaks Other Features
May 02 2012 11:57 AM
Google is introducing a new message translation function to Gmail that will allow users to automatically translate any email from one language to another.
- Facebook Could Begin IPO Roadshow As Soon As Next Week
May 01 2012 9:33 PM
Facebook is likely to begin its IPO roadshow next week, which would confirm several reports that the company will premiere on the public market sometime in mid-May.
- The Verge Hires Top Tech Talent Over Few Months? Span, Still Looking For More Editors
May 01 2012 5:27 PM
The Verge, a technology blog owned by Vox Media, has recently hired some of the most well-known technology bloggers on the Web.
- Research In Motion Gives BlackBerry 10 Prototypes To Devs [VIDEO]
May 01 2012 3:28 PM
BlackBerry mobile device maker Research In Motion kicked off its annual conference by giving out thousands of prototype smartphones running its brand new operating system, BlackBerry 10.
- Justin Bieber, Flo Rida, Lady Antebellum, Hall & Oats Set To Perform On ?The Voice? Finale
May 01 2012 11:49 AM
Justin Bieber, Flo Rida, Lady Antebellum and Hall & Oates are scheduled to play on the May 8th finale of NBC's hit talent show, The Voice.
- Man In Cow Suit Steals 26 Gallons Of Milk From Walmart, Crawls On All Fours Out Of Store
April 30 2012 3:47 PM
An 18-year-old man dressed in a cow cuit lugged 26 gallons of milk out of a Wal-Mart without paying for them. To boot, the thief crawled on all fours out of the store.
- Mark Zuckerberg Joins Viddy, 'The Instagram Of Video Apps'
April 30 2012 1:11 PM
Mark Zuckerberg joined Viddy, the short video-sharing app that places an emphasis on effects. The company recently began raising funding in a Series B, which aims to put the company at a $370 million valuation.