- Nyan Cat Birthday: Beloved Internet Star Turns 1 Year Old
April 04 2012 6:46 PM
The Nyan Cat turns one year old on Thursday. The original video now has more than 69 million views on YouTube.
- MIT Aims For Printable 3D Robots In 5-Year Research Initiative
April 04 2012 4:46 PM
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have announced a five-year research initiative that will eventually enable people to design personalized robots, then have those robots built using three-dimensional printers.
- Instagram on Android: More Than 1 Million Downloads in 24 Hours
April 04 2012 2:59 PM
Instagram has finally been released for the Android operating system, and it's quickly become one of the must-have apps for photographers using the operating system. Instagram was downloaded more than 1 million times on Tuesday.
- Amazon Prime Streaming Available on PlayStation 3
April 04 2012 12:31 PM
Sony has announced it will be adding Amazon streaming video to the PlayStation Network. The move indicates a strong shift toward video game console-makers creating all-encompassing media devices.
- 20 Incredible Sketches From OMG POP's 'Draw Something' [Slideshow]
April 03 2012 3:53 PM
We've scoured the web for the best doodles, drawings, sketches and paintings that ever appeared on Draw Something.
- IPhone Helps Save Baby Trapped In A Well [VIDEO]
April 03 2012 12:30 PM
As firefighters in China scrambled to rescue a two-year-old baby trapped in a well 30-centimeters in diameter, they employed the help of an unusual tool: the Apple iPhone.
- Microsoft Kinect: Your Tongue Is The New Controller [VIDEO]
April 03 2012 12:01 PM
Researchers from the University of Elecro-Communications in Japan are in the process of programming the Microsoft Kinect to detect tongue movements and build software around that function.
- Samsung Galaxy Pocket: Is The 2.8-inch Display Android Phone Coming Soon?
April 02 2012 8:58 PM
Samsung is reportedly pursuing a tiny, 2.8-inch display Android phone, which recently cleared the FCC. The phone, which has been dubbed the Galaxy Pocket, will run on Google's Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system.
- Wrestlemania 28: Will Undertaker, Triple H Retire After 'End Of An Era' Match?
April 02 2012 4:20 PM
The Undertaker and Triple H traded devastating blows during their No DQ Hell in The Cell match at Wrestlemania 28. Is this the final time that we'll see these two competitors fight in the WWE.
- The Walkmen Release New Track ‘Heaven’ [VIDEO]
April 02 2012 2:03 PM
While fans of the Walkmen must wait until June 5 to hear the band's new album Heaven in full, they can whet their appetite with a new video released from Pitchfork that features the band playing a live version of the title track from the new album.
- Mad Men Recap: Jon Hamm's Directorial Debut Is A Snooze-Fest
April 02 2012 12:05 PM
Last night's episode Mad Men, the third of season five, was the first time that Jon Hamm (who plays Don Draper) directed an entire show. While the episode should have brought the season to life, especially because the two-hour season premier failed to inject any vitality into the long-awaited return of the franchise, Hamm's directorial debut was tedious, drawn out, and ultimately, a snooze-fest.
- April Fools’ Day: Google Maps 8-Bit Version Prank For NES
March 31 2012 7:17 PM
Google's latest April Fools' Day prank turns Google Maps into an 8-bit video game playable on the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).
- 'The Hunger Games Adventures' Game Launches On Facebook
March 30 2012 4:36 PM
The Hunger Games has earned a big wad of cash at the box office, $152.5 million, in its opening weekend and now Lionsgate has released The Hunger Games Adventures role-playing game for Facebook.
- Rumor: Google Drive Offers 5GB Of Free Storage, Release Date In April
March 30 2012 12:17 PM
Google has its hands in everything these days -- email, office suites, geo-locational software, point-of-sales apparatuses, publishing and multimedia -- so it only makes sense that Google will soon launch a cloud-based hard drive service.
- Former Microsoft Courier Team Members Release New IPad Apps
March 29 2012 6:57 PM
Members of the team that were formerly working on Microsoft's foldable tablet device, Microsoft Courier, have released apps for the new iPad. The apps are meant to be used in the iPad's landscape mode, giving users the largest available space for drawing, writing and performing other sketch-book functions.
- Google Rolling Out Android ICS (4.0.4) To Samsung Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi
March 29 2012 1:35 PM
Google has begun rolling out Android 4.0.4 on GSM versions of the Samsung Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus smartphones. It's also updating some Motorola Xoom devices.
- Dell Halts U.S. Smartphone Sales: Is The PC-Era Company Doomed?
March 29 2012 11:41 AM
Dell is ditching its current mobile device strategy, ceasing all smartphone sales in the U.S. in an effort to align its long-term outlook with greater growth and high-margin products.
- Sand Flea: Military Robot Launches Over 30-Foot Building, Keeps Driving
March 28 2012 4:26 PM
The Sand Flea, created by Boston Dynamics, can jump 30 feet into the air and continue driving after it has crashed to the ground.
- Can A Baby Elephant Use The Samsung Galaxy Note? [VIDEO]
March 28 2012 3:01 PM
Short answer: Yes, a baby elephant can use the new Samsung Galaxy Note. In the most recent advertisement for Samsung's new device, Peter the elephant is shown using several different applications on the well-marketed mid-size tablet.
- Amazon Releasing Three New Kindle Fire Tablets: Will They Beat The New ‘IPad 3’?
March 28 2012 11:34 AM
It's reported that Amazon will release three new Kindle Fire models, each with a different resolution: a low-end 7-inch model (1204x600 resolution), a mid-tier 7-inch model (1280x800 resolution) and a high-end 8.9-inch (1920x1200 resolution).