Articles by Michael Nunez
- Draw Something: 10 Of The Ugliest, Strangest, Worst Drawings From The Game [SLIDESHOW]
April 05 2012 8:35 PM
Slideshow of the top 10 ugly, strange and downright worst drawings from OMGPOP's hit mobile game Draw Something.
- Titanic Wreck Will Soon Be Protected By UNESCO
April 05 2012 4:01 PM
The underwater remains of the Titanic will soon be protected by a United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) convention that works to safeguard wrecks, sites, decorated caves and other cultural relics in the ocean.
- Hillary Clinton Goes Viral: 'Texts From Hillary' Meme Rides Wave Of Success
April 05 2012 1:00 PM
Hillary Clinton is the star of a new internet meme in which the she's shown wearing a pair of dark sunglasses looking at her blackberry. Beneath the photo of her looking at her blackberry is a caption of Clinton responding to someone on her phone.
- Draw Something Becomes Fastest-Growing Mobile Game, Tops Angry Birds
April 05 2012 12:07 PM
Zynga, who recently acquired OMGPOP, announced that Draw Something has broken the record as the fastest-growing mobile application ever. At its peak, Draw Something was downloaded more than 50 million times in 50 days.
- Nyan Cat Birthday: Beloved Internet Star Turns 1 Year Old
April 04 2012 6:46 PM
The Nyan Cat turns one year old on Thursday. The original video now has more than 69 million views on YouTube.
- MIT Aims For Printable 3D Robots In 5-Year Research Initiative
April 04 2012 4:46 PM
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have announced a five-year research initiative that will eventually enable people to design personalized robots, then have those robots built using three-dimensional printers.
- Instagram on Android: More Than 1 Million Downloads in 24 Hours
April 04 2012 2:59 PM
Instagram has finally been released for the Android operating system, and it's quickly become one of the must-have apps for photographers using the operating system. Instagram was downloaded more than 1 million times on Tuesday.
- Amazon Prime Streaming Available on PlayStation 3
April 04 2012 12:31 PM
Sony has announced it will be adding Amazon streaming video to the PlayStation Network. The move indicates a strong shift toward video game console-makers creating all-encompassing media devices.
- 20 Incredible Sketches From OMG POP's 'Draw Something' [Slideshow]
April 03 2012 3:53 PM
We've scoured the web for the best doodles, drawings, sketches and paintings that ever appeared on Draw Something.
- IPhone Helps Save Baby Trapped In A Well [VIDEO]
April 03 2012 12:30 PM
As firefighters in China scrambled to rescue a two-year-old baby trapped in a well 30-centimeters in diameter, they employed the help of an unusual tool: the Apple iPhone.
- Microsoft Kinect: Your Tongue Is The New Controller [VIDEO]
April 03 2012 12:01 PM
Researchers from the University of Elecro-Communications in Japan are in the process of programming the Microsoft Kinect to detect tongue movements and build software around that function.
- Samsung Galaxy Pocket: Is The 2.8-inch Display Android Phone Coming Soon?
April 02 2012 8:58 PM
Samsung is reportedly pursuing a tiny, 2.8-inch display Android phone, which recently cleared the FCC. The phone, which has been dubbed the Galaxy Pocket, will run on Google's Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system.