- US Government Default Could Trigger A Depression: Analyst
October 03 2013 11:30 AM
Further, Richard Bove's conclusion about the effect of a default may actually be rosy, as he himself admits.
- Enjoy Q3 Stock Gains, They Won't Last: Analyst
September 26 2013 10:09 AM
According to an economic analyst, you should brace yourself for "pathological speculative activity and rapid balance sheet expansion."
- NYSE, S&P 500 Set Record Highs
September 18 2013 4:37 PM
In its statement, the Fed said, in effect, that it is not happy with the pace and extent of the U.S. economy's recovery.
- Africa’s Economy On Cusp Of Giga-GDP Growth
September 13 2013 12:03 PM
This may be Africa’s moment: Consider that mining may be one of the least of its many potentially lucrative assets and attributes.
- August India's Industrial Production Jumps 2.6%
September 12 2013 8:36 AM
Asia's third-largest economy posted a big gain in its industrial production last month after falling for the previous two months.
- Aug. US Job Total Lukewarm, But July's Revision Disappoints
September 06 2013 8:33 AM
The weaker-than-expected August jobs report and July's big downward revision may compel the Fed to delay its monetary stimulus reduction.
- Aug. US Private-Sector Job Gain Less Than Expected
September 05 2013 8:22 AM
The August ADP private-sector job creation report may foretell a weak August nonfarm payroll report from the Labor Department.
- Why The Rupee Has Free Fallen To A Record Low
August 28 2013 3:39 PM
The makings of India's unprecedented currency collapse are basically home-grown.
- The Fed Won't Stop Spiking The Punch Bowl Just Yet
August 27 2013 1:01 PM
Doubts are growing about the ability of the U.S. economy to maintain its rather modest recovery, and that may delay Fed stimulus removal.
- UBS Economist Predicts Global Economic Revitalization
August 26 2013 12:20 PM
Things are getting better -- significantly better -- says UBS economist Larry Hatheway.
- ‘Lethal Taper 3’: Bernanke, Yellen, Summers As Pesci, Gibson, Glover
August 23 2013 11:45 AM
The increasingly lengthy drama around who will succeed Ben Bernanke as Fed chair has left an opening among commentators seeking clever metaphors to capture the suspense.
- Emerging Markets Currency Sell-off: No Consensus
August 23 2013 10:22 AM
The bull market in emerging markets securities has paused or ended, depending on which analyst you follow.
- Philippines Eyes Robust GDP Growth In Decade Ahead
August 23 2013 8:44 AM
The southern half of East Asia is set to grow economically over the next decade faster than the northern half of East Asia.
- Wal-Mart Posts Disappointing Q2 Results
August 15 2013 7:25 AM
The world's biggest retailer, which also cut its full-year guidance, said the U.S. payroll tax increase is cutting into consumer spending.
- Homeland Security To Create $6B Cybersecurity Hub
August 13 2013 1:10 PM
The former employer of NSA leaker Edward Snowden landed part of a big cybersecurity contract from the Department of Homeland Security.
- Bill Ackman Resigns From JC Penney Board
August 13 2013 7:00 AM
The giant retailer named Ronald W. Tysoe as its newest director.
- Russia Grants Asylum To Snowden; Fugitive Leaves Moscow Airport
August 01 2013 8:19 AM
The former NSA contractor has been at the Sheremetyevo Airport for more than one month.
- ECB Leaves Key Interest Rate Unchanged
August 01 2013 8:08 AM
The continent's manufacturing sector appears to have found a floor, after months of contracting.
- Barrick Gold Q2 Falls 22% As Its Selling Price Collapses
August 01 2013 7:02 AM
The big Canadian company booked impairment charges of $8.7 billion.