- Fed Stays The Course, Offers No Stimulus Tapering Hints
July 31 2013 2:10 PM
Also, the Fed said Wednesday that its outlook on the nation's economy was slightly less optimistic than a few months ago.
- US Companies Added 200,000 Jobs In July: ADP
July 31 2013 8:34 AM
The July job creation was broad-based and greater than Wall Street was expecting.
- Chrysler's Q2 Surges 16%, But 2013 Outlook Cut
July 30 2013 7:04 AM
Strong demand in the U.S. for trucks and SUVs helped boost second-quarter earnings at the key U.S. automaker.
- Ariel Castro Cops Plea In Kidnapping, Rape Of 3 Ohio Women
July 26 2013 10:59 AM
One of his three kidnapping-rape victims became pregnant with a child who is now 6 years old.
- General Motors Q2 Down 24% But Beats Street
July 25 2013 7:44 AM
The No. 1 U.S. automaker said it's working to slash expenses in its high-cost Australian operations.
- Southwest Airlines Q2 Meets Modest Expectations
July 25 2013 6:57 AM
The Dallas carrier benefited from cheaper fuel and a record high operating revenue.
- Lockheed Martin Q2 Up 10%, Boosts Full-Year Forecast
July 23 2013 8:00 AM
The giant military contractor raised its full-year earnings per share and cash-from-operations forecasts.
- Gold On A Tear This Month
July 23 2013 6:41 AM
Temperatures are not the only thing sizzling in New York this summer; just stop by the Comex and watch the price of gold.
- Detroit Files For Bankruptcy Protection
July 18 2013 3:14 PM
The bill has finally come due for decades of impossible pension promises to municipal unions, corruption and cronyism.
- Just Call It 'Golden Slacks' Not Goldman Sachs
July 16 2013 7:56 AM
The U.S. economy may be sluggish but Goldman Sachs registered another impressive quarter, on trading, loans, and commodities.
- Ethiopian 787 Dreamliner Parked At Heathrow Airport Catches Fire, Runways Re-opened
July 12 2013 12:21 PM
Officials closed two runways and dispatched emergency crews after the plane caught fire; no injuries reported so far.
- US House Leaders To Put Bare-Bones Farm Bill To Floor Vote
July 11 2013 9:33 AM
It's not at all clear what the Republican leadership of the U.S. House of Representatives will do if Thursday's farm bill vote fails.
- Kroger Paying $2.4B For Harris Teeter
July 09 2013 8:26 AM
Kroger's purchase of Harris Teeter isn't expected to affect its ability to maintain dividend payments.
- NYSE Takes Over Libor - Key Interest Rate Metric
July 09 2013 6:58 AM
Will the switch of control over the world's most important interest rate restore trust?
- May's US Trade Deficit Bodes Poorly For GDP Growth
July 03 2013 10:08 AM
Economists have been disappointed by the May trade deficit figures for the United States.
- EXCO Resources Paying $1B For Chesapeake Energy Acreage
July 03 2013 9:28 AM
Chesapeake Energy's year-to-date asset sales have now reached about $3.6 billion.
- June Jump - US Companies Increased Hiring At Summer's Start
July 03 2013 8:30 AM
Most new jobs last month were created in the utilities and transportation sectors, ADP said.
- June US Layoffs Rise From May, But Still Down From 2012
July 03 2013 7:53 AM
Most job cuts related to health care stemmed from lower Medicare reimbursements and state Medicaid cutbacks.
- US Mortgage Applications Fell 12% Last Week: MBA
July 03 2013 7:26 AM
The home refinancing segment has been particularly hard hit by the sudden rise in interest rates.
- Rosneft Paying $2.9B For Total Ownership Of Itera
July 02 2013 8:33 AM
The deal will advance Rosneft's goal of becoming the largest independent natural gas producer in Russia.