Articles by Mike Obel
- US Biz Confidence Sputters On Future Concern: NFIB
April 09 2013 8:32 AM
Small business owners were less optimistic in March than in recent months about the U.S. economy's direction, according to a new study.
- Lagardere Sells 7.5% Stake In EADS For $2.98B
April 09 2013 7:42 AM
Lagardere waited until EADS shares rose sharply before selling all of the 61 million shares it held in the company.
- GE Taps Lufkin Industries For $3.3 Billion
April 08 2013 9:02 AM
With the purchase of Lufkin, GE has expanded its investments in the upstream oil and gas business.
- China's Xi: Business Secrets Are Safe Here
April 08 2013 7:37 AM
China's leader addresses a long-standing complaint of non-Chinese companies in his country: corporate espionage.
- North Korea To Pull 55,000 People From Kaesong
April 08 2013 7:11 AM
Another week, another threatening move: North Korea announces a provocative act du jour.
- US Economy Creates A Mere 88,000 Jobs In March
April 05 2013 9:07 AM
The unexpectedly weak March jobs report hammered the markets, but economists cautioned against overreacting.
- Samsung Riding Surging Galaxy Sales To Big 1Q 2013
April 05 2013 7:11 AM
Galaxy S4 sales are booming in emerging markets, and the upshot will be a big first quarter for Samsung Electronics.
- Rich Nations Got Poorer Last Quarter: OECD
April 04 2013 7:29 AM
Shrinking inventories in rich countries caused their economies to contract in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Bank Of Japan Launches Aggressive Easing - Yen Plunges, Nikkei Soars
April 04 2013 4:17 AM
The scope of the Bank of Japan's new monetary easing program stunned markets, surprised analysts and fired up the nation's stock market.
- Verizon's Denial Of Interest In Vodafone Hits Share Price
April 03 2013 5:17 AM
Verizon's quest to buy Vodafone's stake in Verizon Wireless is back to Square One.
- Fed's Lockhart: Bank Could Taper QE This Year
April 02 2013 1:45 PM
If unemployment data continues to improve, the head of the Atlanta Fed said he may support cutting back on quantitative easing.
- Vodafone May Be Sold For $245B To Verizon, AT&T
April 02 2013 1:32 PM
If the deal goes through, it will be the largest corporate acquisition in history.