- US Commercial Real Estate Draws Foreign Investors
June 04 2013 7:26 AM
"Give me your ailing investors, your huddled money managers yearning for success ..."
- US Manufacturing Posts Slight Increase In May
June 03 2013 9:30 AM
American factories posted a steady-as-she-goes performance in May -- modest but still better than their European counterparts.
- Euro Zone Factories Contract By Smallest Amount In Months
June 03 2013 7:34 AM
Here's what qualifies as good news about European manufacturing: It's not shrinking as fast as it had been for the past 22 months.
- US Auto Sales, Jobless Reports Among Key Economic Events
June 01 2013 6:03 PM
The prospect that the U.S. central bank will turn off its monetary spigot hangs like a specter over this week’s economic reports.
- Average Family Has Regained Just 45% Of Recession Losses
May 31 2013 8:51 AM
The damage to U.S. household balance sheets has fallen disproportionately on minorities and the uneducated.
- US Q1 GDP Trimmed
May 30 2013 9:09 AM
Analysts said the revised GDP stat is better than it appears: The 2.4% gain occurred despite a 4.9% plunge in government spending.
- General David Petraeus Joins Hedge Fund KKR
May 30 2013 7:55 AM
The 60-year-old war hero and former head of U.S. intelligence is going from "doing good" to "doing well."
- Top Republican OK With Corp. Tax On Repatriated Profits, Provided ...
May 29 2013 12:11 PM
U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan urges repatriation of foreign earnings by U.S. companies, if the tax on those earnings is cut from its current 35%.
- Smithfield Foods Being Sold To China's Shuanghui
May 29 2013 9:12 AM
Smithfield Foods appears to have succumbed to activist shareholder pressure to return more value to investors.
- DJIA: Another Day, Another Record High
May 28 2013 4:21 PM
Blue chip stocks set another record high after central banks reassured investors they will keep fostering global growth.
- Founder Of Liberty Reserve Arrested In Spain
May 28 2013 7:30 AM
Liberty Reserve allegedly facilitated the transnational movement of large sums obtained by criminal activities.
- New-Home Sales Among Key Economic Events May 20-24
May 17 2013 3:38 PM
Data on manufacturing in Germany, France and the rest of the euro zone will cast light on its record-long recession.
- US Housing Starts Drop Far More Than Expected In April
May 16 2013 8:35 AM
Could the U.S. housing recovery be starting to fade?
- Dow, S&P 500 Set Record Highs
May 15 2013 4:07 PM
Question: How can you tell when the stock market sets a record high? Answer: When your watch says it's 4 pm.
- Why The US Deficit Is Shrinking Fast
May 15 2013 8:26 AM
The federal budget deficit has begun what the CBO thinks will be three years of contraction. After that, deficits will resume growing.
- Another Day, Another Record High On Wall Street
May 14 2013 4:43 PM
U.S. stocks extended their record-breaking streak Tuesday on a broadly based surge fueled by the Fed's easy money policy.
- US Retail Sales Rise More Than Expected In April
May 13 2013 8:43 AM
American consumers come through once again, giving retailers a boost in April and encouraging economists.
- Bangladeshi Army Ends Search For Rana Plaza Tragedy
May 13 2013 7:05 AM
Now the question is, will the government of Dhaka begin enforcing its own building safety standards?
- Housing Starts Among Key Economic Reports May 13-17
May 11 2013 10:36 AM
Economic reports this week may cast light on how long the current U.S. and Japanese stock-market rallies might last.