Articles by Mike Obel
- Cypriot Finance Minister Michael Sarris Resigns
April 02 2013 8:48 AM
Sarris was instrumental in negotiating with the so-called troika, the International Monetary Fund, ECB and the EU.
- All Nippon Airways' Pilots Retraining For 787 Dreamliner Jets
April 02 2013 7:54 AM
The airline’s decision reflects its expectation of regulatory approvals for Boeing’s new lithium-ion battery, which it will install on all 787s.
- Europe's Factory Output Sinking, Joblessness Soaring
April 02 2013 7:25 AM
Particularly troublesome in March was manufacturing in Germany. And how bad is youth unemployment in Greece?
- Russia's Lukoil Says 'Da' To Hess Unit For $2B
April 01 2013 12:09 PM
The value of assets Hess Corp. has divested so far this year has now climbed to $3.4 billion.
- France's Hollande: Raise Taxes On Corporate Millionaires
March 29 2013 7:29 AM
France, with a 10.6 percent jobless rate, aims to hike company taxes on high salaries by as much as 50 percent.
- S&P 500, Dow In Uncharted Waters, Again
March 28 2013 4:07 PM
Investors focused on the orderly reopening of Cypriot banks and a positive revision to the fourth-quarter U.S. GDP statistic.
- US Economy Grew Slightly In 4Q
March 28 2013 8:52 AM
The revised 0.4 percent fourth-quarter growth stat suggests that the U.S. economy is less likely to tip into a recession.
- Crying All The Way To The Bank
March 27 2013 11:18 AM
For the first time in the history of the euro zone, a member nation, Cyprus, is instituting capital controls.
- BOE To British Banks: Raise More Capital
March 27 2013 10:36 AM
British banks have about nine months to raise about $38 billion in Tier 1 capital.
- Mumbai Search Engine Eyes IPO
March 27 2013 7:38 AM
The search engine, which could have an IPO in the next 20 days, draws from a national database of local businesses, services and product.
- 8 Federal Agencies Chasing JPMorgan Chase
March 27 2013 7:19 AM
Relations between the nation's largest bank and Washington are deteriorating. Just count the number of investigations.
- Agribusiness Giants Settle Seed Dispute
March 26 2013 3:30 PM
The agreement settles DuPont's long-running patent dispute over Monsanto's line of genetically modified seed products.