- US Commercial Real Estate Draws Foreign Investors
June 04 2013 7:26 AM
"Give me your ailing investors, your huddled money managers yearning for success ..."
- US Manufacturing Posts Slight Increase In May
June 03 2013 9:30 AM
American factories posted a steady-as-she-goes performance in May -- modest but still better than their European counterparts.
- Euro Zone Factories Contract By Smallest Amount In Months
June 03 2013 7:34 AM
Here's what qualifies as good news about European manufacturing: It's not shrinking as fast as it had been for the past 22 months.
- US Auto Sales, Jobless Reports Among Key Economic Events
June 01 2013 6:03 PM
The prospect that the U.S. central bank will turn off its monetary spigot hangs like a specter over this week’s economic reports.
- Average Family Has Regained Just 45% Of Recession Losses
May 31 2013 8:51 AM
The damage to U.S. household balance sheets has fallen disproportionately on minorities and the uneducated.
- US Q1 GDP Trimmed
May 30 2013 9:09 AM
Analysts said the revised GDP stat is better than it appears: The 2.4% gain occurred despite a 4.9% plunge in government spending.
- General David Petraeus Joins Hedge Fund KKR
May 30 2013 7:55 AM
The 60-year-old war hero and former head of U.S. intelligence is going from "doing good" to "doing well."
- Top Republican OK With Corp. Tax On Repatriated Profits, Provided ...
May 29 2013 12:11 PM
U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan urges repatriation of foreign earnings by U.S. companies, if the tax on those earnings is cut from its current 35%.
- Smithfield Foods Being Sold To China's Shuanghui
May 29 2013 9:12 AM
Smithfield Foods appears to have succumbed to activist shareholder pressure to return more value to investors.
- DJIA: Another Day, Another Record High
May 28 2013 4:21 PM
Blue chip stocks set another record high after central banks reassured investors they will keep fostering global growth.
- Founder Of Liberty Reserve Arrested In Spain
May 28 2013 7:30 AM
Liberty Reserve allegedly facilitated the transnational movement of large sums obtained by criminal activities.
- New-Home Sales Among Key Economic Events May 20-24
May 17 2013 3:38 PM
Data on manufacturing in Germany, France and the rest of the euro zone will cast light on its record-long recession.
- US Housing Starts Drop Far More Than Expected In April
May 16 2013 8:35 AM
Could the U.S. housing recovery be starting to fade?
- Dow, S&P 500 Set Record Highs
May 15 2013 4:07 PM
Question: How can you tell when the stock market sets a record high? Answer: When your watch says it's 4 pm.
- Why The US Deficit Is Shrinking Fast
May 15 2013 8:26 AM
The federal budget deficit has begun what the CBO thinks will be three years of contraction. After that, deficits will resume growing.
- Another Day, Another Record High On Wall Street
May 14 2013 4:43 PM
U.S. stocks extended their record-breaking streak Tuesday on a broadly based surge fueled by the Fed's easy money policy.
May 14 2013 11:49 AM
It’s been almost 30 years since American journalists coined the phrase “sleaze factor” to describe President Richard Nixon’s administration. It was a richly deserved riposte. Since then, the phrase has fallen into disuse, but a series of scandals in President Barack Obama’s administration suggest it may be time to dust it off.
The latest whiff of Obama administration sleaze comes from the Justice Department, which has been collecting telephone records of Associated Press reporters and editors. The White House hasn’t deigned to explain what looks to the rest of the world like contempt for the Fourth Amendment.
- US Retail Sales Rise More Than Expected In April
May 13 2013 8:43 AM
American consumers come through once again, giving retailers a boost in April and encouraging economists.
- Bangladeshi Army Ends Search For Rana Plaza Tragedy
May 13 2013 7:05 AM
Now the question is, will the government of Dhaka begin enforcing its own building safety standards?
- Housing Starts Among Key Economic Reports May 13-17
May 11 2013 10:36 AM
Economic reports this week may cast light on how long the current U.S. and Japanese stock-market rallies might last.