Articles by Mike Obel
- Warren Buffet Likes Goldman Sachs Even More
March 26 2013 12:20 PM
Warren Buffett becomes a top shareholder of New York's Goldman Sachs investment bank.
- OECD Nations Hiked Taxes In 2012 For Second Year In Row
March 26 2013 7:26 AM
In case someone was visiting another planet the last two years, taxes on Earth are up, according to the OECD.
- Euro Zone: Five Years, Five Bailouts, Five Takeaways
March 26 2013 5:56 AM
As the dust from the Cyprus financial rescue settles, an altered landscape is emerging.
- Fed's Quantitative Easing Not Sparking Currency War: Bernanke
March 25 2013 2:31 PM
Ben Bernanke dismissed worries that the Federal Reserve’s money printing is raising the likelihood of a global currency war.
- China Petroleum & Chemical To Buy $3B In Oil, Gas Assets
March 25 2013 7:15 AM
Sinopec goes hunting for ways to cut its imports of crude oil.
- Cyprus Reaches Deal With ECB, EU, IMF On Financial Bailout
March 24 2013 9:15 PM
Just hours away from financial ruin, one of the tiniest countries in the euro zone agreed to severe terms for a financial rescue.
- Cyprus Has Only Hours To Avert Tumbling Over Financial Cliff
March 23 2013 9:45 AM
The world watched Saturday as Cyprus struggled to repair years of financial mismanagement.
- Cyprus OKs Reform To Help Secure Bailout
March 22 2013 6:03 PM
After days of talks, Cyprus realized it had no choice but to accept harsh euro-zone bailout terms, including a one-time bank-deposit levy.
- Cyprus Vents Anger, As EU Weighs New Bailout Plan
March 22 2013 7:31 AM
The EU gauged Cyprus' latest plan to raise money as Russia decides not to help prevent a Cypriot meltdown.
- Obama Affirms Commitment To Palestinian State
March 21 2013 8:18 AM
Attention quickly turned to rockets fired by Gaza-based Palestinian militants into southern Israel during Obama's visit.
- Troika To Cyprus: Take It Or Leave It, By Monday
March 21 2013 7:28 AM
Cyprus is fast exhausting options to avoid financial ruin as Brussels and Moscow watch it rush to the precipice.
- Gushing: US Crude Oil Production About To Top Imports
March 20 2013 2:08 PM
U.S. crude oil production is on track to exceed imports this year. Anadarko Petroleum is showing why.