Articles by Monami Thakur
- UFO-Like Object Found in Baltic Sea
February 02 2012 2:37 AM
An ocean explorer team, led by Swedish researchers, has found a strange UFO-like object deep on the floor of the Baltic Sea.
- Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel Sensual Photoshoot for Prabal Gurung (PHOTOS)
February 01 2012 9:59 AM
South African model Candice Swanepoel, best known for her work with luxury brand Victoria's Secret, has added another feather to her crown by featuring in the new spring campaign by designer Prabal Gurung.
- American Fashion Council Stirs Controversy by Moving Out of Garment District
February 01 2012 5:14 AM
The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) has stirred a controversy after deciding to move out of their current office from New York's Garment District which is regarded as the heart of the fashion industry in the city.
- Sneak Peek: Imogen Poots Fronts Marni for H&M Campaign (PHOTOS)
January 30 2012 11:19 PM
With names like designer Consuelo Castiglioni and Sofia Coppola behind the Marni for H&M collaboration, fashion connoisseurs are looking forward to the upcoming collection by the Italian brand.
- Michelle Obama’s $50,000 Luxury Shopping Spree Boosts Agent Provocateur Sales
January 30 2012 6:21 AM
U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama has given the sales of luxury lingerie brand Agent Provocateur a major boost, following a $50,000 luxury spending spree along with the Queen of Qatar Sheikha Mozah.
- Art Institute of Chicago Receives Major Grant from Indian Government
January 29 2012 2:43 AM
The Art Institute of Chicago has received a grant of $500,000 from the Government of India as part of a new professional exchange program between the museum and the country.
- CFDA President Diane von Furstenberg Releases New Health Guidelines for Models
January 28 2012 2:27 AM
Diane von Furstenberg, President of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) has issued new guidelines, aimed at keeping fashion models healthy and preventing their suffering from any kind of eating disorders.
- ‘Old Masters’ Paintings Auctioned at Christie’s and Sotheby’s for $120 Million
January 28 2012 1:59 AM
The eagerly anticipated Old Masters paintings auction, conducted separately at international auction houses Christie's and Sotheby's, fetched over $120 million in sales, with certain pieces of art selling for more than $4 million each.
- Portrait That Hung in Liz Taylor’s Bel Air Home Sells for $2 Million in New York Auction
January 27 2012 9:06 AM
A portrait of an unidentified gentleman reportedly painted by artist Frans Hals fetched a staggering $2 million at the Old Masters paintings auction at Christie's Wednesday.
- Salma Hayek, Kate Moss and Other Celebs at Prada '24 Hours Museum' Gala (PHOTOS)
January 26 2012 1:28 AM
From supermodel Kate Moss to actress Salma Hayek and Diane Kruger, some of the biggest names in the fashion and film industry were present at the private dinner event held by luxury brand Prada during the launch of its 24 Hours Museum in Paris.
- Red Sole Issue: Christian Louboutin Moves Appeals Court Against YSL
January 26 2012 12:07 AM
In what is regarded as a final attempt to protect its red-sole trademark, French luxury brand Christian Louboutin has taken the case against YSL to the federal appeals judges.
- Genzyme’s New Plant Gets FDA Approval to Manufacture Fabrazyme
January 25 2012 11:45 PM
French drug-maker Sanofi, which acquired Genzyme Corp, has announced that the Food and Drug Administrator (FDA) has given approval to its new plant to manufacture Fabrazyme, a drug used for the treatment of Fabry disease.