- BMW, Mercedes-Benz Compete for U.S. No 1 Luxury Car Tag
December 30 2011 1:25 AM
For the first time, two German auto manufacturers, BMW and Mercedes-Benz are competing head on for the coveted title of the No.1 selling luxury car in the United States.
- Paul Smith Profit up by 31 Percent Despite Economic Turmoil
December 29 2011 10:06 AM
Couture designer Paul Smith has reported an increase in pre-tax profits of 31 percent despite the economic downturn. As per the accounts filed in the Company House, the pre-tax profits rose from £20.9 million a year previously to a current £27.4 million.
- Kim Kardashian, Janet Jackson Winners of 2011 PETA 'Celebrity Grinch Awards'
December 29 2011 12:42 AM
The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), has named superstars Kim Kardashian and Janet Jackson as the winners of their first Celebrity Grinch Awards due to their famous (or rather infamous) animal-unfriendly wardrobe.
- Victoria’s Secret Angel Miranda Kerr Dazzles in Bally SS12 Campaign (PHOTOS)
December 28 2011 10:18 AM
Australian supermodel and Victoria's Secret angel Miranda Kerr looks stunning in a new fashion ad campaign by Swiss fashion brand Bally.
- Abstract Expressionist Helen Frankenthaler Dies at 83
December 28 2011 2:00 AM
Helen Frankenthaler, a major contributor to American Abstract Expressionism, died Tuesday after suffering from a long illness at her home in Darien, Connecticut.
- Julien Macdonald Announces Bespoke In-house Service
December 28 2011 1:26 AM
Welch fashion designer, Julien Macdonald OBE, known for his couture creations and beaded gowns has announced his plans of launching a bespoke service in the coming year.
- Kardashians Name Their Puppies Louis and Vuitton (PHOTOS)
December 27 2011 10:19 AM
Reality stars and sisters of Kim Kardashian, Kendall and Kylie Jenner have given new names to the two puppies that they had received during Christmas Louis and Vuitton.
- Richard Branson Slams IAG’s Acquisition of BMI Deal
December 27 2011 8:46 AM
Virgin Group owner, Richard Branson has slammed a $270 million acquisition deal by rival company, International Airlines Group (IAG) saying that the approval of the deal will mean higher prices for flyers.
- Farewell Letter by Explorer Robert Falcon Scott to be Auctioned at Bonhams
December 27 2011 7:55 AM
A goodbye letter by Royal Navy officer and explorer, Robert Falcon Scott when he released that he will not be able to survive his ill-fated expedition to the South Pole will be sold at Bonhams, the auction house announced.
- Hublot to Venture into Jewelry Market with New Scratch-Resistant Gold Alloy
December 27 2011 5:48 AM
Swiss enterprise Hublot, known for their luxury watches, is planning on a possible jewelry industry venture after the development of a new range of scratch resistant gold alloy.
- Journal Retracts Report Linking Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Mouse Retrovirus
December 27 2011 1:57 AM
A controversial scientific research connecting the disabling condition of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) to a mouse leukaemia retrovirus has been retracted by the journal Science owing to allegations that the research data has been manipulated.
- Emma Watson Features in New Lancôme ‘Rouge in Live’ Campaign
December 26 2011 9:41 AM
The star of the recently concluded Harry Potter series of films, Emma Watson is now the new face of cosmetic giants Lancôme's new make-up line.
- EU Approves Roche’s Avastin for Ovarian Cancer
December 26 2011 2:48 AM
The European Commission has approved the use of Avastin, a drug manufactured by the Swiss-based health care company, Roche. Avastin is used to treat women in advanced stages of ovarian cancer.
- Bombardier Bags $648 Million German Rail Order
December 26 2011 12:59 AM
Bombardier Inc.s transportation unit has received an order for 90 electric multiple units of the 430 series from DB Regio AG valued at $648 million.
- Fabergé to Celebrate ‘Gilded Youth’ With New Mario Testino Campaign
December 26 2011 12:28 AM
High-end luxury brand, Fabergé is all set to unveil a second campaign for spring aimed at a younger gilded audience.
- 70-Year-Old Fruitcake Auctioned for $525 in Ohio
December 25 2011 3:41 AM
A 1941 fruit-cake was sold to a lucky online bidder in Arizona for $525 on Thursday, the proceeds of which will be sent to the homeless in the region. Made 70-years ago by The Kroger Co, the cake returned unopened back to the company store in the year 1971.
- From Versace to Givenchy: Top Fashion Ad Campaigns of 2011 [PHOTOS]
December 24 2011 6:42 AM
Ad campaigns are regarded as the perfect reflection of a brand and the products involved.
- MoMA Plays a Concrete Tribute to Abstract Expressionist Willem de Koonong
December 24 2011 5:42 AM
New York's Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) has devoted for the first time a complete display of the major artworks of abstract expressionist artist Willem de Koonong, who is regarded as one of the most prolific artists in the 20th century.
- Kardashian Family Claims Child Labor Allegations Are Not True
December 24 2011 3:33 AM
In response to a recent allegation that the Kardashian fashion products in China are made in child slave labor sweatshops, the family has claimed that the reports are untrue.
- American Airlines Gets Approval to Buy Boeing Planes
December 24 2011 1:28 AM
AMR Corp's American Airlines has been given approval by a U.S. bankruptcy judge to buy 32 Boeing planes.