Articles by Monami Thakur
- Rare Classic Movie Posters Found in U.S. Attic May Fetch $250,000
March 13 2012 2:45 AM
A collection of rare movie posters from the Golden Age of Hollywood has been found in an attic in Pennsylvania and is expected to fetch around $250,000 at a Texas auction on March.23, 2012.
- U.S. and China On Trade War Over Rare Earth Export Restriction
March 13 2012 1:16 AM
The Obama administration is all set to file a case against China's export restrictions on rare earth at the World Trade Organization.
- Joseph Kony 2012: Invisible Children, Celebs and Neo-Colonial Campaign Controversy (PHOTOS)
March 12 2012 2:19 AM
The 30-minute Kony 2012 video by San Diego-based charity Invisible Children went viral last week promoted further by social media endorsements and campaigns by celebrities like Oprah Winfrey.
- Celebrities at the Los Angeles NBA Basketball Game (PHOTOS)
March 12 2012 1:09 AM
It was a star-studded event at the NBA basketball game on March.11, 2012 as the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Boston Celtics 97-94.
- Cameron Diaz is the New Brand Ambassador for Tag Heuer (PHOTOS)
March 11 2012 6:24 AM
Luxury brand Tag Heuer signed Hollywood star Cameron Diaz as the new face of the brand during the opening of the global watch event Baselworld 2012 in Switzerland.
- New Modena Museum Honours the Life and Works of Enzo Ferrari (PHOTOS)
March 11 2012 3:38 AM
The Casa Enzo Ferrari Museum in Modena was opened Saturday to honor the life and work of Enzo Ferrari, the founder of the Italian sports car manufacturer.
- Fossil Study of 4-Winged Dinosaur Reveals Iridescent Plumage Evolved to Attract Mates (PHOTOS)
March 10 2012 10:02 AM
Researchers in the US and China have found the earliest known evolutionary evidence of Iridescent feathers through a new fossil study of a pigeon-sized, four-winged dinosaur called Microraptor.
- Joy Mukherjee Dies at 73, Bollywood Pays Tribute to Veteran Actor (PHOTOS)
March 10 2012 3:55 AM
Veteran Bollywood actor Joy Mukherjee, known for his chocolate boy looks and infectious smile, died in Mumbai Friday.
- Natalie Portman's Vintage Dior Oscar Gown Auctioned for $50,000
March 09 2012 1:07 AM
The exclusive vintage gown worn by Black Swan star Natalie Portman for the 2012 Oscars has been sold for an impressive $50,000 at an auction Wednesday.
- Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton Honor 10 Women with International Women of Courage Awards (PHOTOS)
March 09 2012 12:43 AM
On the occasion of the International Women's Day on March 8, 2012, the U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama along with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton welcomed and honored 10 women from across the globe with the International Women of Courage Awards.
- China Surpasses U.S. in Global Luxury Watch Demand
March 08 2012 1:38 AM
China has surpassed the United States as the country exhibiting the highest demand for luxury watches, says a survey.
- Japan Earthquake, Tsunami First Anniversary - 10 Iconic Images
March 08 2012 1:00 AM
As the first anniversary of the great 2011 Japan earthquake and tsunami approaches, take a look at some of the most iconic images of the disaster that shattered the lives of people across the nation.
- First Look: Royal Princess Charlotte Casiraghi’s 'Forever Now' Campaign for Gucci
March 07 2012 1:20 AM
Timeless beauty, Modern allure, these are the terms by which luxury brand Gucci describes Monaco's equestrian royal princess Charlotte Casiraghi.
- Rapper Kanye West’s Rock Chic Creations at Paris Fashion Week (PHOTOS)
March 07 2012 1:16 AM
American rapper and record producer, Kayne West presented his second ready-to-wear collection at the Paris Fashion Week on March.6, 2012 following his debut collection that was a critical flop last fall.
- Carla Bruni-Sarkozy Visits Disabled Children at Motor Rehabilitation Center in Antony (PHOTOS)
March 06 2012 1:04 AM
France's first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy visited a motor rehabilitation center for toddlers, Elizabeth de la Panouse-Debré, Antony, to inaugurate new equipment provided to the center by the Foundation Carla Bruni-Sarkozy finances programs.
- Bond Girl Halle Berry Introduces Her First 5th Avenue Shoe Collection (PHOTOS)
March 06 2012 12:13 AM
American actress and Golden Globe winner Halle Berry has collaborated with director Michael Haussman to film a new commercial in order to promote her own shoe collection called 5th Avenue by Halle Berry.
- Turkey Bans Artifact Loans to NY Metropolitan Museum
March 05 2012 5:31 AM
A new Turkish campaign has barred the loan of artifacts to American and British museums, including New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art (Met), until most of the country's treasured artifacts are returned.
- Flying Car Debuts at NY Motor Show [PHOTOS]
March 05 2012 12:03 AM
Terrafugia's Transition Roadable Aircraft has 23-gallon petrol tank, range of 400 miles and costs $279,000.
- Christian Louboutin Retrospective Exhibition in Design Museum
March 04 2012 11:40 AM
As French footwear designer Christian Louboutin steps into his 20th anniversary in fashion, the Design Museum will present the first retrospective exhibition dedicated to the works of the high-end fashion shoe designer.
- Princess of Monaco Named as the New Face of Gucci (PHOTOS)
March 04 2012 6:34 AM
Monaco's princess Charlotte Casiraghi has been named as the new face of the Luxury fashion label Gucci.