Articles by Monami Thakur
- 900,000 Lives Saved Globally by HIV and TB Treatment Integration: WHO
March 03 2012 5:06 AM
Around 910,000 live have been saved globally owing to a six-year policy of collaboration between AIDS and tuberculosis health services, the World Health Organisation mentioned.
- Most Glamorous 2012 Celebrity Red Carpet Hairstyles [PHOTOS]
March 03 2012 4:02 AM
Ballerina buns, pixie haircuts, ponytails - the red carpet is regarded as one of the best places to check out the latest trends in hairstyles and cuts. In 2012, the red carpet witnessed some of the most glamorous hairstyles.
- Met Show Unites 200 Works of Art Through ‘The Steins Collect’
March 02 2012 1:18 AM
New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art (Met) explores around two hundred works of art in a new exhibition titled The Steins Collect to demonstrate the significant impact the Steins' patronage had on the artists of their day and the way in which the family disseminated a new standard of taste for modern art.
- Complete Look: Gisele Bundchen Sizzles in Versace Spring/Summer Campaign
March 02 2012 12:22 AM
Brazilian model and former Victoria's Secret angel, Gisele Bundchen is the new face of Versace Spring Summer campaign featuring a series of glamorous shots for the Italian label.
- Largest Collection of Oscar Statuettes Sold for $3 Million Amid Protests
March 01 2012 1:25 AM
Fifteen Oscar statuettes were auctioned for more than $3 million to three individuals in a sale conducted online.
- March Highlight: Top 10 Celebrity Birthdays (PHOTOS)
March 01 2012 12:25 AM
March is special to a number of celebrities, from teen sensation Justin Bieber to Lady Gaga to Reese Witherspoon and Celine Dion, as they celebrate their birthdays in this month.
- Royal Beau Sancy Diamond from Golconda Mines to Go Under the Hammer
February 29 2012 4:03 AM
The Beau Sancy, one of the most celebrated diamonds of all time with a history of ownership by the Royal Families of France, England, Prussia and the House of Orange, has been put up for auction at Sotheby's Geneva.
- Woman from Iconic Tsunami Photo Reunited With Family (PHOTOS)
February 29 2012 2:08 AM
A year ago, when the powerful 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami struck the coast of Japan, thousands of families were affected and many lost their close ones.
- Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic to Conduct First Space Test Flight
February 28 2012 1:37 AM
Virgin Galactic, a company within Richard Branson's Virgin Group, is expected to conduct its first test-flight of its spacecraft beyond the Earth's atmosphere this year.
- Michelle Obama's Asymmetric Gown at Governors’ Dinner Outshines Oscar Red Carpet Looks (PHOTOS)
February 27 2012 11:41 PM
As fashion connoisseurs and red carpet followers turned their attention to the 84th Oscar Academy Awards, the First Lady of the U.S. made a glamorous entry at the White House dressed in a dazzling sequined cream gown.
- Japan Tsunami: Then and Now (PHOTOS)
February 27 2012 2:33 AM
The 2011 Tohoku earthquake that struck the coast of Japan, which triggered a tsunami and caused a widespread death and destruction, is regarded as one of the most powerful earthquakes in the history of the world.
- Rare 'Leaf Nosed' Bat Species Discovered in Vietnam
February 27 2012 1:48 AM
Scientists have discovered a new species of bat at Cat Ba Island in Ha Long Bay in northern Vietnam and in Chu Mom Ray National Park.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art Showcases Portraits from Renaissance Italy
February 26 2012 4:07 AM
About 160 works by famous artists including Donatello, Filippo Lippi, Botticelli, Verrocchio, Ghirlandaio, and Antonello da Messina are being showcased at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Japanese Fishing Vessel Fined $125000 for Violating Shark Fishing Law
February 26 2012 3:11 AM
The Marshall Islands Marine Resources Authority (MIMRA) has seized over 60,000 lb of shark carcasses and more than 1,500 lb of shark fins from a Japanese fishing vessel.
- New York's Metropolitan Museum to Host Schiaparelli and Prada Retrospective
February 25 2012 4:48 AM
The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute in New York will host a retrospective to honor the works of designer icons Miuccia Prada and Elsa Schiaparelli.
- Rare Hitler Painting Collection Unearthed at Czech Monastery
February 25 2012 3:17 AM
A long-lost art collection owned by Nazi German autocrat Adolf Hitler has been discovered by Czech historian and writer Jiri Kuchar.
- 'Chemical Cosh' Drugs Can Double Death Risk in Dementia Patients
February 24 2012 12:15 AM
Researchers have warned dementia patients against the use of prescribed antipsychotic drugs, also called Chemical Cosh drugs as they can double the risk of death in such patients.
- MoMA’s Cindy Sherman Retrospective Survey Brings Together Over 170 Exclusive Photographs
February 23 2012 11:37 PM
Tracing contemporary artist, Cindy Sherman's career from the mid-1970s to the present, the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) brings together over 170 exclusive photographs along with the artist's in-depth presentations of her key series.
- Study Provides First Direct Evidence of Colonoscopy Saving Lives
February 23 2012 1:58 AM
A new study has provided, for the first time, direct evidence showing that the medical procedure colonoscopy lowers the rate of cancer death by half.
- Ancient War Game Pasola Festival in Indonesia Seeks Blessings for Good Harvest (PHOTOS)
February 23 2012 12:22 AM
For the remote West Sumba Regency in the East Nusa Tenggara province of Indonesia, the month of February every year is an auspicious time when the natives seek for the blessings of the gods for a good harvest.