- Paramount Pictures Sues Mario Puzo Estate to Prevent 'Godfather' Sequel
February 22 2012 2:42 AM
Paramount Pictures, the movie studio that controls all the rights over the fictional mafia family's story The Godfather, has sued the estate of Mario Puzo, arguing that the heirs of the author has wrongfully authorized the publishing of a pair of sequel novels.
- 12.76-Carat Pink Diamond Found in Australia
February 22 2012 2:26 AM
A rare 12.76-carat pink diamond has been discovered at Rio Tinto's Argyle mine in Australia, regarded as the largest pink rough diamond found in the country.
- Mystery Behind Preservation of 19th Century Italian Mummies Revealed (PHOTOS)
February 21 2012 1:08 AM
For more than 200 years, eight Italian mummies from the 19th century were examined to obtain detailed information on their state of preservation and the techniques used to prepare them.
- Ancient Plants Brought Back to Life After 30,000 Frozen Years
February 21 2012 12:36 AM
Biophysicists from Russia were able to revive ancient fertile plants from the tissues materials of an old fruit that remained frozen in Siberian ice for over 30,000 years.
- Digital Museum Explores New Realms in Interactive Designs
February 20 2012 5:36 AM
From smallscreen-based graphics to large-scale installations, Decode: Digital Design Sensations at Israel's Digital Museum Holon has showcased the latest in interactive as well as digital designs.
- Jennifer Lopez, Fergie, Madonna Rev Up Carnival Spirit at Rio (PHOTOS)
February 20 2012 1:31 AM
Attractive samba dancers, the colorful parades and decorations are indeed the focus of visitors and revelers during every carnival. However, this year, the long list of celebrities in the VIP boxes is also regarded as a major attracting factor at the parades.
- Rare Literary Works from Serendipity Books to Go Under Hammer
February 19 2012 8:45 AM
The much-anticipated Bonhams sale from Serendipity Books in Berkeley, Calif., will start along with a great selection of European paintings and 20th century designs in San Francisco.
- Marni for H&M Bash: Drew Barrymore, Lily Colllins, Freida Pinto and Others Attend the Event [PHOTOS]
February 19 2012 1:38 AM
Some of the biggest names in the industry, including Drew Barrymore, Winona Ryder and Milla Jovovich, attended the Marni at H&M launch party held in a scenic Hollywood residence.
- Sneak Peek of Karl Lagerfeld’s Chanel Campaign Featuring Alice Dellal [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
February 18 2012 2:28 AM
Chanel's Creative Director, Karl Lagerfeld, has released the much-awaited mini-silent film My New Friend Boy, featuring punk model Alice Dellal.
- Ralph Lauren’s ‘Very British’ Collection at 2012 New York Fashion Week Finale [PHOTOS]
February 17 2012 11:43 PM
From tweeds to country plaids and trouser suits, high-end designer Ralph Lauren’s Fall/Winter 2012 collection during the final day of the New York Fashion Week was all about British glamor and elegance.
- 40 Pounds of Marijuana Discovered in Airplane That Violated President Obama's Airspace
February 17 2012 2:12 AM
A small aircraft that strayed into the airspace of U.S. President Barack Obama was found packed with cannabis of around 18kg (40lb).
- Calvin Klein Opts for Monochromatic Hues at 2012 New York Fashion Week (PHOTOS)
February 17 2012 12:38 AM
Calvin Klein's creative director Francisco Costa presented a striking collection at the 2012 New York Fashion Week comprising super urban creations in monochromatic hues.
- Antibiotic Treatments Have No Effect on Sinusitis: Study
February 16 2012 6:41 AM
Sinusitis, a common infection in the US, may not be cured by support antibiotic treatment, a new research published in the Journal of the American Medical Association mentions.
- Red-Carpet Elaborate Creations Mark Marchesa's Fall/Winter 2012 Display (PHOTOS)
February 16 2012 6:24 AM
With the Oscar awards just round the corner, high-end women's wear label Marchesa has provided stars and fashionistas an opportunity to select from their elaborate red-carpet creations displayed at the 2012 New York Fashion Week.
- Oscar De La Renta's Sparkly Display at the 2012 New York Fashion Week (PHOTOS)
February 15 2012 12:40 AM
High-fashion designer Oscar De La Renta, known for his pricey gowns, has displayed a jewellery inspired Fall/Winter 2012 collection show during New York Fashion Week on Feb 14, 2012.
- From Angelina Jolie to Kate Middleton: Most Famous Celebrity Kisses of All Times (PHOTOS)
February 14 2012 11:46 PM
Included in our list of famous celebrity lip-locks is the brief kiss between Prince William and Kate Middleton that took place on the Buckingham Palace balcony on the occasion of the royal wedding. The kiss sparked cheers from the already ecstatic crowds, and was repeated during the flypast.
- Valentine's Day: Demand for Rose Soars in U.S., 90 Percent Imported (PHOTOS)
February 14 2012 12:33 AM
Heavy demand for long-stemmed roses and rosebuds has been reported by florists in the U.S. this Valentine's Day as Americans present the flower to their loved ones.
- New York Fashion Week 2012: Stars and Front Row Celebrities at the Event (PHOTOS)
February 13 2012 11:34 PM
New York Fashion Week is as much about front row celebs, Hollywood actors and stars as it is about the designer collections and models. Every year, the front rows of the fashion week are filled with major A-listers making the star-studded section the most glamorous spot to be seen.
- Protein That Can Prevent Spread of AIDS Found
February 13 2012 6:09 AM
Researchers have found out how a protein called SAMHD1 can restrict the replication of HIV and halt the progression of AIDS.
- Puzzle Prints, Color Combinations Mark Furstenberg’s NY Fashion Week Collection (PHOTOS)
February 13 2012 12:59 AM
For the 2012 New York Fashion Week, Diane von Furstenberg, the president of the Council of Fashion Designers of America, opted for jigsaw puzzles as the main theme for her collection.