Articles by Monami Thakur
- Metropolitan Museum of Art Showcases Portraits from Renaissance Italy
February 26 2012 4:07 AM
About 160 works by famous artists including Donatello, Filippo Lippi, Botticelli, Verrocchio, Ghirlandaio, and Antonello da Messina are being showcased at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Japanese Fishing Vessel Fined $125000 for Violating Shark Fishing Law
February 26 2012 3:11 AM
The Marshall Islands Marine Resources Authority (MIMRA) has seized over 60,000 lb of shark carcasses and more than 1,500 lb of shark fins from a Japanese fishing vessel.
- New York's Metropolitan Museum to Host Schiaparelli and Prada Retrospective
February 25 2012 4:48 AM
The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute in New York will host a retrospective to honor the works of designer icons Miuccia Prada and Elsa Schiaparelli.
- Rare Hitler Painting Collection Unearthed at Czech Monastery
February 25 2012 3:17 AM
A long-lost art collection owned by Nazi German autocrat Adolf Hitler has been discovered by Czech historian and writer Jiri Kuchar.
- 'Chemical Cosh' Drugs Can Double Death Risk in Dementia Patients
February 24 2012 12:15 AM
Researchers have warned dementia patients against the use of prescribed antipsychotic drugs, also called Chemical Cosh drugs as they can double the risk of death in such patients.
- MoMA’s Cindy Sherman Retrospective Survey Brings Together Over 170 Exclusive Photographs
February 23 2012 11:37 PM
Tracing contemporary artist, Cindy Sherman's career from the mid-1970s to the present, the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) brings together over 170 exclusive photographs along with the artist's in-depth presentations of her key series.
- Study Provides First Direct Evidence of Colonoscopy Saving Lives
February 23 2012 1:58 AM
A new study has provided, for the first time, direct evidence showing that the medical procedure colonoscopy lowers the rate of cancer death by half.
- Ancient War Game Pasola Festival in Indonesia Seeks Blessings for Good Harvest (PHOTOS)
February 23 2012 12:22 AM
For the remote West Sumba Regency in the East Nusa Tenggara province of Indonesia, the month of February every year is an auspicious time when the natives seek for the blessings of the gods for a good harvest.
- Paramount Pictures Sues Mario Puzo Estate to Prevent 'Godfather' Sequel
February 22 2012 2:42 AM
Paramount Pictures, the movie studio that controls all the rights over the fictional mafia family's story The Godfather, has sued the estate of Mario Puzo, arguing that the heirs of the author has wrongfully authorized the publishing of a pair of sequel novels.
- 12.76-Carat Pink Diamond Found in Australia
February 22 2012 2:26 AM
A rare 12.76-carat pink diamond has been discovered at Rio Tinto's Argyle mine in Australia, regarded as the largest pink rough diamond found in the country.
- Mystery Behind Preservation of 19th Century Italian Mummies Revealed (PHOTOS)
February 21 2012 1:08 AM
For more than 200 years, eight Italian mummies from the 19th century were examined to obtain detailed information on their state of preservation and the techniques used to prepare them.
- Ancient Plants Brought Back to Life After 30,000 Frozen Years
February 21 2012 12:36 AM
Biophysicists from Russia were able to revive ancient fertile plants from the tissues materials of an old fruit that remained frozen in Siberian ice for over 30,000 years.