Articles by Monami Thakur
- UFO-Like Object Found in Baltic Sea
February 02 2012 2:37 AM
An ocean explorer team, led by Swedish researchers, has found a strange UFO-like object deep on the floor of the Baltic Sea.
- Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel Sensual Photoshoot for Prabal Gurung (PHOTOS)
February 01 2012 9:59 AM
South African model Candice Swanepoel, best known for her work with luxury brand Victoria's Secret, has added another feather to her crown by featuring in the new spring campaign by designer Prabal Gurung.
- American Fashion Council Stirs Controversy by Moving Out of Garment District
February 01 2012 5:14 AM
The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) has stirred a controversy after deciding to move out of their current office from New York's Garment District which is regarded as the heart of the fashion industry in the city.
- Sneak Peek: Imogen Poots Fronts Marni for H&M Campaign (PHOTOS)
January 30 2012 11:19 PM
With names like designer Consuelo Castiglioni and Sofia Coppola behind the Marni for H&M collaboration, fashion connoisseurs are looking forward to the upcoming collection by the Italian brand.
- Michelle Obama’s $50,000 Luxury Shopping Spree Boosts Agent Provocateur Sales
January 30 2012 6:21 AM
U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama has given the sales of luxury lingerie brand Agent Provocateur a major boost, following a $50,000 luxury spending spree along with the Queen of Qatar Sheikha Mozah.
- Art Institute of Chicago Receives Major Grant from Indian Government
January 29 2012 2:43 AM
The Art Institute of Chicago has received a grant of $500,000 from the Government of India as part of a new professional exchange program between the museum and the country.
- CFDA President Diane von Furstenberg Releases New Health Guidelines for Models
January 28 2012 2:27 AM
Diane von Furstenberg, President of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) has issued new guidelines, aimed at keeping fashion models healthy and preventing their suffering from any kind of eating disorders.
- ‘Old Masters’ Paintings Auctioned at Christie’s and Sotheby’s for $120 Million
January 28 2012 1:59 AM
The eagerly anticipated Old Masters paintings auction, conducted separately at international auction houses Christie's and Sotheby's, fetched over $120 million in sales, with certain pieces of art selling for more than $4 million each.
- Portrait That Hung in Liz Taylor’s Bel Air Home Sells for $2 Million in New York Auction
January 27 2012 9:06 AM
A portrait of an unidentified gentleman reportedly painted by artist Frans Hals fetched a staggering $2 million at the Old Masters paintings auction at Christie's Wednesday.
- Salma Hayek, Kate Moss and Other Celebs at Prada '24 Hours Museum' Gala (PHOTOS)
January 26 2012 1:28 AM
From supermodel Kate Moss to actress Salma Hayek and Diane Kruger, some of the biggest names in the fashion and film industry were present at the private dinner event held by luxury brand Prada during the launch of its 24 Hours Museum in Paris.
- Red Sole Issue: Christian Louboutin Moves Appeals Court Against YSL
January 26 2012 12:07 AM
In what is regarded as a final attempt to protect its red-sole trademark, French luxury brand Christian Louboutin has taken the case against YSL to the federal appeals judges.
- Genzyme’s New Plant Gets FDA Approval to Manufacture Fabrazyme
January 25 2012 11:45 PM
French drug-maker Sanofi, which acquired Genzyme Corp, has announced that the Food and Drug Administrator (FDA) has given approval to its new plant to manufacture Fabrazyme, a drug used for the treatment of Fabry disease.
- Elizabeth Taylor’s Dutch Master Painting Featured in $194 Million Old Master Auctions
January 25 2012 1:48 AM
A 17th century painting, formerly owned by Elizabeth Taylor and attributed to Dutch painter Frans Hals, is expected to fetch around $1 million in Christie's Old Master auctions in New York.
- Kate Moss Teams With Mango for her First Big Campaign Post Marriage (VIDEO)
January 25 2012 1:26 AM
Supermodel Kate Moss, known for her waifish figure and heroin-chic looks, has bagged yet another major campaign with the luxury brand Mango. The campaign is reportedly her first major print advertisement after her marriage with guitarist Jamie Hince.
- Paris Fashion Week 2012 Highlights: Statement Silhouettes Dominate Armani's Prive Couture Line (PHOTOS)
January 25 2012 12:54 AM
Daring silhouettes and avant-garde creations dominated the Prive couture line by Italian fashion designer Giorgio Armani, at the 2012 Paris Fashion Week.
- Bonhams’ Present Rare Watercolor by William Turner
January 24 2012 7:38 AM
An exclusive watercolor of the Kirkby Lonsdale Churchyard, by Joseph Mallord William Turner R.A., is the major highlight of forthcoming Bonhams auction of 19th century paintings. The auction will be held on Jan. 25.
- Thieves Steal Artworks from Olympia Gallery in Washington
January 24 2012 2:12 AM
Two thieves broke through a skylight and stole two artworks from a Washington gallery, sometime early on Saturday or late on Friday, after the closure of the Matter Gallery in Olympia.
- Agent Provocateur Ropes in Mylène Jampanoï for its Spring/Summer Campaign (PHOTOS)
January 24 2012 1:27 AM
Luxury brand Agent Provocateur has added French actress Mylène Jampanoï to their long list of celebrity models for featuring in their spring/summer 2012 campaign.
- Karl Lagerfeld to Launch New Rock 'n' Roll Inspired Affordable Line (VIDEO)
January 23 2012 11:28 PM
German fashion designer and creative director of Chanel Karl Lagerfeld is all set to launch a new affordable line The Karl Collection exclusively on luxury retail brand, Net-a-Porter.
- Oscar Winner Sofia Coppola Directs Campaign Film Supporting Marni Collection at H&M
January 23 2012 2:02 AM
Swedish retail brand, H&M has announced its collaboration with Oscar winner Sofia Coppola in order to direct an exclusive campaign supporting the launch of the Marni collection for H&M.