Articles by Monami Thakur
- Valentine's Day: Demand for Rose Soars in U.S., 90 Percent Imported (PHOTOS)
February 14 2012 12:33 AM
Heavy demand for long-stemmed roses and rosebuds has been reported by florists in the U.S. this Valentine's Day as Americans present the flower to their loved ones.
- New York Fashion Week 2012: Stars and Front Row Celebrities at the Event (PHOTOS)
February 13 2012 11:34 PM
New York Fashion Week is as much about front row celebs, Hollywood actors and stars as it is about the designer collections and models. Every year, the front rows of the fashion week are filled with major A-listers making the star-studded section the most glamorous spot to be seen.
- Protein That Can Prevent Spread of AIDS Found
February 13 2012 6:09 AM
Researchers have found out how a protein called SAMHD1 can restrict the replication of HIV and halt the progression of AIDS.
- Puzzle Prints, Color Combinations Mark Furstenberg’s NY Fashion Week Collection (PHOTOS)
February 13 2012 12:59 AM
For the 2012 New York Fashion Week, Diane von Furstenberg, the president of the Council of Fashion Designers of America, opted for jigsaw puzzles as the main theme for her collection.
- Top 10 Grammy Dresses of All Times [PHOTOS]
February 12 2012 6:28 AM
From contemporary designs to high octane and movie star glamour, the Grammy Awards is as much about fashion and couture designs as it is about music itself.
- Rihanna, Katy Perry and Other Celebs at the Pre-Grammy Gala [PHOTOS]
February 12 2012 4:59 AM
The Roc nation pre-Grammy gala held at the Soho House, California, Saturday was a high-profile celebrity event attended by the crème-de-la-crème of the music industry.
- Katy Perry’s Stunning Looks in First Big Appearance since Filing for Divorce [PHOTOS]
February 11 2012 3:44 AM
Katy Perry on Friday attended the 2012 MusiCares Person of the Year tribute. She look stunning in a pale pink satin gown along with a giant matching fascinator.
- Tommy Hilfiger Showcases Sleek, Suave Military Looks for 2012 NY Fashion Week (PHOTOS)
February 11 2012 1:52 AM
It was all about double-breasted officer’s coat, turtle-necks, quilted leather gloves and skinny pants for high-end luxury brand, Tommy Hilfiger for their 2012 Men’s Fall/Winter collection at the New York Fashion Week.
- Rare Degenerative Brain Disorder Linked With Mad Cow Disease Reported in Marin
February 10 2012 3:05 AM
Two cases of a rare, fatal brain disorder called Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD) has been reported by officials in Marin, California on Thursday.
- Parkinson’s Research: Scientists Grow Artificial Stem Cells
February 09 2012 4:43 AM
For the first time, scientists in the U.S. have grown brain nerve cells from skin to study Parkinson's disease.
- Top 10 Iconic Celebrity Red Dresses at the Red Dress Fashion Show (PHOTOS)
February 09 2012 12:07 AM
The Heart Truth is a national awareness campaign for women about heart disease, sponsored by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI), a part of the National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). The campaign created and introduced the Red Dress as the national symbol for women and heart disease awareness in 2002 to deliver an urgent wake-up call to American women.
- Elizabeth Taylor's Bel Air Art Collection Fetches $21.9 Million at Christie's
February 08 2012 4:02 AM
An extensive art collection of late actress Elizabeth Taylor has fetched a total of $21.9 million at Christie's auction. The collection, which was from the actress's Bel Air estate, contained rare works by major artists.