Articles by Monami Thakur
- Fourteen Hospitals to Pay Over $12 Million to Settle Medicare Fraud Allegations
February 08 2012 2:42 AM
Fourteen hospitals from New York, Mississippi, North Carolina, Washington, Indiana, Missouri and Florida have agreed to pay more than $12 million to the United States in order to settle allegations that the health care facilities submitted false claims to Medicare, the U.S. Justice Department said on Tuesday.
- PETA vs SeaWorld: Federal Judge Hears Killer Whales Slavery Lawsuit
February 07 2012 2:01 AM
For the first time in the history of the U.S., a federal judge has heard a case against the enslavement and involuntary servitude of five orcas or killer whales.
- First Look: H&M Launches Fifth Fashion Against AIDS Collection (PHOTOS)
February 07 2012 12:49 AM
The creations, which will be available in around 300 H&M divided departments from April 30, 2012, as well as online, mark an amalgamation of ethnic influences from different continents.
- Classic Catwalk Tumbles: 10 Most Memorable Runway Falls (PHOTOS)
February 06 2012 12:24 AM
With the international Big 4 fashion weeks rolling and the New York Fashion Week just around the corner; let’s take a look at some of the messiest fashion show spills ever.
- John F. Kennedy’s Mistress Reveals Startling Facts in New Book
February 05 2012 11:37 PM
Mimi Alford, a retired church worker, described how the president took her virginity when she was just 19 years old working as an intern at the White House.
- Rare Unseen Images of the RMS Titanic Captured by Father Frank Browne [PHOTOS]
February 05 2012 5:24 AM
The RMS Titanic sank to the very depths of the Atlantic Ocean almost a hundred years ago while on her maiden voyage from Southampton, England, to New York. But the fascination -- and myths -- associated with the iconic ship are still with us.
- Jason Wu for Target Arrives, Excitement Grows over the 60-Piece Range [PHOTOS]
February 05 2012 4:42 AM
The 60-piece collection by the American fashion designer marks an exclusive collaboration with the affordable retailer brand and features structured handbags, antiqued scarves and gauzy blouses with black bows and pleated floral skirts.
- Primeval Bison Bones Unravel Mystery of Climate Change Adaptation
February 04 2012 1:48 AM
A recent discovery of 30,000 years old bison bones at a Canadian goldmine have unraveled the mystery of climate change adaptation and are helping scientists understand how animals adapt to rapid environmental changes.
- Mall of America Galleries to Chronicle Life of Princess Diana [PHOTOS]
February 04 2012 1:25 AM
Nine galleries at the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minn., are showcasing an exclusive exhibition called Diana: A Celebration, featuring more than 150 objects that belonged to the Princess of Wales who died in 1997.
- Massage Affects Gene Activity, Reduces Muscle Inflammation: Study
February 03 2012 8:06 AM
New research conducted at the McMaster University in Canada has indicated that apart from inducing deep relaxation, kneading sore muscles after a vigorous exercise can help them recover faster.
- After-Launch Gala of David Beckham Bodywear for H&M [PHOTOS]
February 03 2012 6:14 AM
Following the global launch of David Beckham Bodywear for H&M, the 36-year-old Los Angeles Galaxy star celebrated the event with a cocktail with his close friends and family.
- Artist Creates Portraits of Women Clad in Cardboard Outfits (PHOTOS)
February 02 2012 11:44 AM
Swiss Italian photographer Christian Tagliavini has transcended established horizons of art and fashion with his new project, Dame di Cartone (Cardboard Ladies). The portraits of women he has created mimic the look of historical paintings.