- Marc Jacobs Says Rejecting the Dior Job Was 'Best For Everyone'
January 10 2012 12:22 AM
American designer and creative head of Louis Vuitton Marc Jacobs is all set for an exciting year that includes a major exhibition in Paris. The designer has opined for the first time since refusing the Dior job that staying back at the label and rejecting the job has probably been the best decision for everyone.
- Fashion World Unites to Support Obama's Re-Election Campaign
January 10 2012 12:19 AM
To support Barack Obama for his re-election campaign, 2012, some of the country's top fashion designers have collaborated and launched a campaign to promote and assist him during the election process.
- Prostate Cancer Screening Doesn’t Lower Death Risk: Study
January 09 2012 7:15 AM
Routine screening for prostate cancer may not help lower the number of deaths caused by the condition. Research conducted at the Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, has indicated that any amount of testing for the ailment among men in their fifties or sixties will have no impact on the death rate.
- George Clooney to Track Nazi Art Thieves During WWII in Next Project
January 09 2012 2:35 AM
Golden Globe-award winning actor George Clooney is all set to hunt for rare art works stolen by Nazi soldiers during World War II, in his next cinematic project.
- GM Cadillac ATS to Challenge German Luxury Brands
January 09 2012 2:03 AM
American automotive manufacturer General Motors (GM) has thrown down the gauntlet to reigning luxury brands in the market like German companies BMW and Mercedes Benz, by unveiling its compact Cadillac ATS sports sedan.
- Rare Ancient Greek Coin Collection Sold for Record $25 Million
January 09 2012 1:28 AM
A rare collection of ancient Greek coins, called the Prospero Collection, fetched a record price of $25 million at an auction in New York.
- Selfridges’ '2012 Bright Young Things' Announces Emerging Talents
January 08 2012 6:18 AM
High-end department chain Selfridges & Co. has announced the names of 15 emerging design talents who will be part of their 2012 Bright Young Things initiative from the fields of fashion, design and art.
- NASA Questions Commander Lovell’s Right to Auction Apollo 13 Checklist
January 08 2012 6:01 AM
NASA is questioning whether James Lovell, an Apollo 13 commander, has the right to sell a 70-page checklist that contains his handwritten calculations that were vital in guiding the damaged spacecraft back to Earth.
- Rare 1793 Penny Sold for Record $1.38 Million at U.S. Auction
January 08 2012 4:09 AM
A one-cent copper coin minted in 1793 - the year in which the newly-independent United States of America first began minting its own currency - has fetched a record $1.36 million at a Florida auction.
- From Mila Kunis to Jason Bateman: Stars at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Anniversary Gala [PHOTOS]
January 08 2012 3:09 AM
The stars were out in force on Saturday to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and show their support for the cause.
- Celebs, Red-Carpet Arrivals at the 23rd Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Gala [PHOTOS]
January 08 2012 2:10 AM
The 23rd annual Palm Springs International Film Festival gala event on Saturday at the Palm Springs (Calif.) Convention Center was a star-studded event attended by the creme-de-la-creme of the movie industry.
- Top Spring/Summer 2012 Ad Campaigns [PHOTOS]
January 07 2012 7:25 AM
High-end couture brands like Christian Dior, Bottega Veneta and Chanel has unveiled some of the latest flavors of the season with their new Spring/Summer 2012 ad campaigns.
- Diablada: Dance of the Devils Observed in Pillaro, Ecuador [PHOTOS]
January 07 2012 5:11 AM
The annual Diablada -- Dance of the Devils -- was observed by revelers on the streets of the Ecuadorean city of Pillaro, about 83 miles south of the country's capital of Quito, amid great pomp on Friday.
- Burberry Records 10 Million Facebook Fans, More than Dior and Gucci
January 07 2012 5:07 AM
Fashion house Burberry has now become one of the world's most popular luxury brands, after registering more than 10 million Facebook fans.
- Rare Edition of Audubon's 'The Birds of America' Estimated at $10 Million
January 06 2012 6:23 AM
A rare first edition of French-American ornithologist and painter, John James Audubon's colour-plate book The Birds of America is estimated to fetch around $10 million at an upcoming auction on Jan.20, 2012.
- Human Brain Starts to Deteriorate at 45 Years: Study
January 06 2012 6:17 AM
Loss of memory and other cognitive functions in humans may start as young as 45, according to new research.
- Celebrities, Launches, and New Concepts at 2012 India Auto Expo [PHOTOS]
January 06 2012 4:34 AM
Some of the planet's top automakers are showcasing their latest concepts and models at the 2012 India Auto Expo in New Delhi, as they seek to boost sales in one of the biggest markets in the world, despite the recent slowdown in turnover.
- Louis Vuitton Announces Perfume Debut With Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud
January 06 2012 1:27 AM
After months of speculation, French fashion house Louis Vuitton has finally confirmed its foray into the fragrance sector with perfumer Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud.
- BMW Overtakes Mercedes-Benz as Top-Selling Luxury Brand in U.S.
January 06 2012 12:53 AM
BMW AG has sealed its position as the most successful luxury brand in the U.S. in 2011 by outselling Daimler AG's Mercedes-Benz last month.
- Mila Kunis is New Face of Christian Dior Spring/Summer 2012 (PHOTOS)
January 05 2012 9:56 AM
American actress Mila Kunis has been named as the new face for the Spring/Summer 2012 campaign of luxury brand Christian Dior.