Articles by Moran Zhang
- One Big Reason To Be Concerned About Ukraine
March 11 2014 2:16 PM
If external financial support falters, the first signs of strain are likely to emerge in the banking sector.
- 8 Things You Should Know About Alibaba's Yu'E Bao
March 11 2014 5:45 AM
Could online investment platform growth chip away at state-controlled banks’ effective monopoly over China’s vast pool of savings?
- Why China's Rhetoric Is Shifting On Its Property Market
March 10 2014 12:46 PM
China’s top leaders are emphasizing the need to adopt differentiated property market regulations rather than a “one-fit-for-all” policy.
- 6 Most Important Takeaways From The February Jobs Report
March 07 2014 10:45 AM
The Feb. jobs report wasn't spectacular, but given current demographic trends, investors and job seekers will take it.
- Earnings For March 10-14: Urban Outfitters, Dollar General
March 07 2014 6:52 AM
Here's your cheat sheet for next week's earnings reports.
- Will China's 'Bear Stearns Moment' Reach The 'Lehman Stage'?
March 05 2014 3:44 PM
A small loss-making solar company in Shanghai is about to default on its debt Friday, which would make it China's first-ever domestic bond default and possibly the first of many to come.
- US Private-Sector Job Gains Slowed In February
March 05 2014 8:27 AM
The increase for January was also revised lower, providing further confirmation of a dip in job growth in late 2013/early 2014.
- Reading The Tea Leaves On China’s Economy
March 05 2014 5:34 AM
Here's what you need to know about the state of the Chinese economy and the annual National People's Congress.
- February US Jobs Report - The Song Remains The Same Regarding The Weather
March 04 2014 5:35 AM
Economists are bracing for another weak employment report Friday, as the U.S. experienced the third most severe winter in 50 years.
- What Russia's Central Bank Is Doing To Support The Ruble
March 03 2014 9:09 AM
The Bank of Russia's move came as the ruble plunged to record lows, following Moscow's military intervention in Ukraine.
- ECB March Meeting: More Stimulus?
February 28 2014 11:17 AM
Modest growth and low inflation keep pressuring the ECB to lower interest rates, with a high likelihood of more, potentially as early as March.
- US Q4 GDP Growth Revised Down
February 28 2014 8:38 AM
The U.S. economy is still growing, but the lower rate may cause some to ask "Should the stimulus taper occur as quickly?"
- Earnings For March 3-7: Costco, Joy Global, Staples
February 28 2014 5:17 AM
The fourth-quarter earnings season is getting into its final weeks.
- No, There Isn't An Infinite Sea Of Migrant Workers To Support China's Urbanization
February 27 2014 5:50 AM
China bulls, take note: The pace of urbanization is set to slow and its contribution to economic growth is set to decline.
- What To Expect At China’s National People’s Congress
February 21 2014 11:03 AM
Macro targets and local-government debt are likely to top the agenda when China’s top legislative body meets March 5.
- Earnings For Feb. 24-28: JC Penny, Best Buy, Target
February 21 2014 6:01 AM
Next week’s earnings calendar will be dominated by big-name retailers.
- The Rise Of Asian Luxury Shoppers
February 20 2014 6:18 AM
By 2015, financial wealth in China might overtake Japan’s, while emerging Asia is on course to eclipse the U.S., economists estimate.
- Don’t Panic: China Is Not Running On Mountains Of Foreign Cash
February 18 2014 6:56 AM
To paraphrase Mark Twain, the worries over China’s foreign debt are exaggerated.
- China Trust Default - The Bad News Just Keeps On Coming
February 14 2014 12:22 PM
Meanwhile, assets under management in Chinese trust firms surged to a record 10.9 trillion yuan, or $2.3 trillion, in 2013.
- Earnings For Feb. 17-21: Wal-Mart, Coca-Cola, Tesla, Groupon
February 14 2014 6:21 AM
So far, 367 companies have reported: 242 beat analysts’ estimates, 86 missed and 39 on target.