- Major Chinese property developers have in recent months been buying increasingly large stakes in regional banks - a problematic asset addition.
- Aluminum giant Alcoa Inc. kicks off first-quarter earnings season next week, followed by end-of-week results from JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo.
- Here's your cheat sheet to next week's company earnings reports.
- Uncertainties are deepening about the Japanese economy ahead of its first consumption tax hike in 17 years.
- U.S. home prices will likely increase 4.5-5.0% in 2014, Nomura forecasts, with stronger growth expected in the West and Northeast.
- Worse-than-expected winter weather continues to have an eroding effect on earnings per share growth projections.
- This will also be new Fed Chair Janet Yellen's first, post-meeting news conference.