Articles by Moran Zhang
- What To Expect From Yellen's First Hill Testimony
February 10 2014 4:28 PM
Yellen, historically a monetary policy dove, may not be so dovish as Fed chair.
- January US Jobs Report - The 5 Most Important Takeaways
February 07 2014 10:47 AM
Does this bitter cold winter explain the disappointing January jobs total? And will the Fed stick to its taper timetable?
- Earnings for Feb.10-14: Cisco, Sprint, PepsiCo
February 07 2014 5:06 AM
More big-name corporate earnings announcements will hit the tape next week.
- Spain's Property Market Outlook
February 06 2014 5:51 AM
Six years after the housing-bubble burst that sank Spain into recession, the bottom still hasn't been reached.
- US Private-Sector Job Gains Slowed In January
February 05 2014 8:38 AM
Private sector job growth remains below trend, but historically consistent with post-financial crisis recoveries.
- US Debt Ceiling: The Key Dates
February 05 2014 5:56 AM
Fiscal tensions were defused, but not extinguished, when Congress reached a modest budget accord in late 2013.
- Expect A Lot Of Noise In January's Jobs Report
February 04 2014 6:49 AM
Economists aren't very confident about their estimates because January is the month with the largest seasonal adjustment factor.
- Earnings For Feb. 3-7: Twitter, GM, Walt Disney
January 31 2014 6:27 AM
Wall Street analysts expect Q4 S&P 500 operating EPS to rise by 7 percent from a year ago.
- As Expected, Fed Cuts Stimulus Again
January 29 2014 2:09 PM
The Fed is continuing its stimulus withdrawal, despite a large drop in emerging market currencies, and inadequate U.S. job growth.
- What Happened To China's Market-Based Reform Commitment?
January 29 2014 11:48 AM
"Whether financial products in China can default or not is, at the end of the day, a political decision," Societe Generale's Wei said.
- US Q4 GDP Preview: A Consumer Tailwind?
January 29 2014 6:58 AM
The only Q4 GDP report weak spot is likely to be government spending - which was hurt by the government shutdown.
- How Large Will The Fed's Stimulus Reduction Be?
January 28 2014 2:44 PM
At this stage, there's no good reason (not even the recent emerging market wobbles) for the Fed to deviate from its stimulus reduction plan.
- Boeing Q4 Earnings Preview: Exceeding Estimates
January 28 2014 6:23 AM
While Q4 should represent another robust quarter at Boeing, management will probably remain on the conservative side.
- Emerging Market Currencies Sell-Off: The Real Lesson
January 24 2014 11:23 AM
The current crisis is the worst of its kind in five years, economists say.
- Earnings Preview For Jan. 27-31: Facebook, Apple, Google
January 24 2014 6:11 AM
So far this season, about a fifth of the companies in the S&P 500 have reported results.
- Chinese Farmers' Savings Accounts Come A Cropper
January 23 2014 11:14 AM
Multiple rural credit unions in E. China are in danger of default and have been unable to return money to depositors since the start of 2013.
- PBoC Beefs Up Communication - An Unusual Move
January 21 2014 3:25 PM
Managing market expectations is going to be tricky for the PBoC.
- The State Of China’s WMPs [Charts]
January 17 2014 3:26 PM
Wealth management products are perhaps the fastest-growing products offered by financial institutions in China today, and they're exposing investors to ill-defined risks.
- Earnings For Jan. 21-24: Microsoft, Delta, Verizon, eBay
January 17 2014 6:30 AM
The holiday-shortened week is chock-full of market-moving earnings reports.
- By Month's End - Another Test Of China's No-Default Policy
January 16 2014 11:26 AM
Should banks with off-balance-sheet products that paired up yield-seeking investors and cash-strapped companies shield investors from losses?