Articles by Moran Zhang
- How About Some 'Happy' With That Happy Meal?
June 13 2013 11:36 AM
Fast-food chains need to do more with loyalty in order to stay competitive.
- How Nigeria’s GDP Grew By 40% Overnight
June 13 2013 5:52 AM
Helped by a statistical revision to its economy, Nigeria may have already overtaken South Africa as the region’s largest economy.
- Americans Are Moving Less - Is That A Good Thing?
June 12 2013 5:56 AM
In a market economy, labor mobility is a factor that mitigates the effect of economic shocks.
- Dish Network, Groupon, Whole Foods: Earnings To Watch This Week
May 03 2013 4:59 AM
Earnings at companies in the S&P 500 index are at record levels. Here's a list of 30 notable earnings reports to watch this week.
- US April Jobs Report Preview - Slowdown Confirmation?
May 02 2013 5:10 AM
Will Friday’s jobs report validate concerns that the U.S. economy is slumping for the fourth straight spring?
- Merck Earnings Preview: (Patent) Cliff Diving
April 30 2013 5:49 AM
Drugmaker Merck will discuss new drugs and Q1 sales trends as it braces for new generic competition.
- Euro Zone Now In Its Longest Recession Ever
April 29 2013 10:48 AM
While fears about the impact of the crises in Cyprus and Italy have died down, the wider economic outlook has not improved.
- US Pending Home Sales Rise - Better Months Ahead?
April 29 2013 10:13 AM
Higher pending home sales signal that actual home sales may rise in coming months.
- Jobs Report Among Key Economic Events April 29-May 3
April 26 2013 11:28 PM
Monetary policies will also be in play, with European Central Bank and U.S. Federal Open Market Committee meetings on the calendar.
- US GDP Grows In 1Q, But By Less Than Forecast
April 26 2013 9:12 AM
The U.S. economy has grown for 15 straight quarters, but the average pace, just above 2 percent annually, is weak by historical standards.
- AIG, Comcast, Kellogg, Pfizer: Earnings To Watch This Week
April 26 2013 5:42 AM
Here’s a list of 72 companies set to report earnings April 29-May 3.
- US Federal Reserve To The ECB: We Don't Trust You
April 25 2013 12:51 PM
According to Federal Reserve data, overseas banks accounted for about 70 percent of the Fed's discount window loans.
- US Dependent On 5 Countries For Oil
April 23 2013 1:42 PM
The concentration of U.S. crude oil imports among its top-five suppliers is the highest since 1997.
- This Week’s Economic Events: US Q1 GDP
April 22 2013 5:14 PM
In a light week on the macro data side, market attention is set to turn to a flurry of earnings reports due for release.
- Is Slovenia The Next Shoe To Drop In The Euro Crisis?
April 21 2013 12:46 PM
In the wake of the Cyprus debacle, is Slovenia next for a bailout? Leaders claim they don't need one.
- Dr Pepper, Aflac: Earnings Reports To Watch
April 19 2013 5:54 AM
Here’s a list of 83 companies set to report earnings April 22-26.
- US Initial Jobless Claims Rise By 4,000
April 18 2013 8:43 AM
The number of Americans filing new claims for jobless benefits rose last week, signaling little improvement in a soft U.S. labor market.
- BofA Earnings Preview: Higher Profits In Q1
April 16 2013 6:12 AM
Expectations are high for Bank of America’s 1Q results leading up to the company’s announcement on Wednesday.
- Google, Microsoft, Philip Morris: Earnings Reports To Watch
April 12 2013 6:53 AM
First-quarter earnings season will be in full swing this week. Bloomberg's survey of analysts points to a 1.8 percent decline in profits.
- US Jobless Claims Plunge by 42,000
April 11 2013 8:45 AM
The plunge to 346,000 after a large rise the week before partly reflects data skewed by the Easter period.