Articles by Moran Zhang
- Looking For A Ray Of Light In South Africa’s Economic Gloom
August 09 2013 6:08 AM
Two reports showed weaker-than-expected results in South Africa’s mining activity and factory output in June.
- Argentina Could Relapse Into Recession By 2014
August 07 2013 4:12 PM
Argentina, known for its spectacular economic booms and busts, is running on an unsustainable growth model, analysts warn.
- Bank Of England To Follow Fed's Lead On Interest Rates?
August 06 2013 2:10 PM
The big day is almost upon us. The BoE is expected to unveil new guidance for setting interest rates on Wednesday.
- June US Trade Deficit Narrows - Lowest Since Oct. 2009
August 06 2013 9:13 AM
The unexpected narrowing suggests that second quarter gross domestic product growth was significantly stronger than 1.7%.
- This Week, Brace For China’s Data Deluge
August 06 2013 7:31 AM
Reading China's July economic tea leaves.
- BOJ To Keep Monetary Policy On Hold
August 06 2013 7:26 AM
At issue is whether the economic recovery under Abenomics is strong enough to get past the effects of a consumption tax increase.
- Dish Network, Time Warner, Walt Disney: Earnings To Watch
August 04 2013 8:56 PM
Earnings season is winding down, but a number of market-moving companies are set to report their financial results.
- US June Factory Orders Rise 1.5%, But Miss Estimates
August 02 2013 11:25 AM
Factory orders in June were boosted by demand for transportation equipment, which rose 12 percent.
- July Employment Report Sends Mixed Signal To The Fed
August 02 2013 9:27 AM
All eyes are now on the Fed and what the jobs report may mean for the central bank's easy-money policies.
- July US Jobs Report Preview: Moderate Job Growth To Keep Fed Stimulus Tapering On Track
July 31 2013 6:11 AM
Friday's U.S. employment report will show continued steady job creation, leaving the Fed on track for before year-end tapering.
- Earnings For July 31: Comcast, CBS, Metlife
July 30 2013 10:27 AM
So far, a little more than half of the S&P 500 companies have reported their second-quarter earnings results. And profit growth is not that "good."
- US GDP To Receive Boost From Historic Revision
July 30 2013 5:54 AM
U.S. Q2 GDP is expected to be miserable, with the consensus estimate at an annualized increase of 1%.
- Fed Meeting Preview: Policymakers To Stay The Course
July 30 2013 5:44 AM
Policymakers will use this meeting to debate how to prepare financial markets for the future bond-buying program reduction.
- Earnings For July 30: Pfizer, Sprint, Merck
July 29 2013 10:35 AM
The U.S. economy continues to chug along at a rate that, while modest, seems to be adequate to help support reasonably good corporate earnings.
- Think Twice Before Gloating Over A Chinese Economic Slowdown
July 27 2013 11:21 AM
For 30 years, the world watched in awe as China's economy galloped ahead, but China's slowdown might not stick to the script.
- Express Scripts, Hertz Global: Earnings Preview For Monday
July 26 2013 6:14 AM
Here are the results of a screen that produced a list of eight notable companies set to report their earnings.
- How China Tries To Defy Law Of Gravity In One Chart
July 23 2013 11:13 AM
Premier Li Keqiang’s government sees 7 percent growth as the bottom line for tolerance of an economic slowdown.
- Two More AstraZeneca Employees Detained In China
July 23 2013 10:27 AM
Chinese police have detained two more AstraZeneca workers, but the company continued to insist it isn't under broader investigation.
- Caterpillar Q2 Earnings Preview: Economic Uncertainties Eat Into Profit
July 23 2013 5:18 AM
Caterpillar is expected to report lower Q2 profit due to a sharp drop in mining equipment demand as global GDP growth slows.
- Britain's GDP Likely To Benefit From 'Bump' From Royal Baby
July 22 2013 10:23 AM
The U.K. economy is bracing for a royal baby "bump" or slight increase in GDP. But can the positive economic impact last?