Articles by Moran Zhang
- Fed Minutes Released Early - Merely A Mistake, Or A Leak?
April 10 2013 10:13 AM
The Fed contacted the SEC and CFTC to see if there was any trading tied to Tuesday's early release of minutes.
- Yuan Internationalization: From Dim Sum To Chinese Banquet
April 10 2013 5:49 AM
Analysts see potential for African governments or corporations to issue dim sum bonds, though interest has been limited so far.
- Does Alcoa Really Set The Tone For Earnings Season?
April 06 2013 5:03 PM
First-quarter earnings results will begin to trickle out with a few blue-chip names reporting this week, led by Alcoa on Monday.
- North Korea: Diplomats Ignore 5-Day Warning
April 06 2013 3:31 PM
No foreign embassies have chosen to leave Pyongyang despite warnings from North Korea.
- Hollande, Cameron Hit Over Offshore Tax Havens
April 06 2013 12:59 PM
ICIJ's investigation into the concealed world of tax havens and those who use them has made waves around the world.
- March US Jobs Preview: Another ‘Spring Swoon’ Ahead?
April 04 2013 5:14 AM
Many economists expect the $85 billion in U.S. government spending cuts due to sequester to lower GDP growth and job growth.
- Western Firms Rethinking China Strategy
April 03 2013 10:27 AM
As China slows down its speed in building new highways and airports, foreign industrial companies are searching for a new growth engine.
- The Next Generation Of Chinese Billionaires
April 03 2013 7:28 AM
Rich Chinese send their young children to special training programs to help them learn how to manage money.
- Kuroda May Take A Page Out Of Bernanke’s Textbook
April 02 2013 4:57 AM
This will be one of the BOJ’s most closely watched meetings in recent years, and it will set the direction and tone for future meetings.
- Chinese Manufacturing Rebounds
March 31 2013 11:13 PM
Two manufacturing PMI surveys released Monday showed steady momentum in the Chinese economy.
- This Week’s Economic Events: It's All About Jobs
March 31 2013 8:42 AM
Friday's jobs report is expected to show that employers added 200,000 jobs in March, with an unchanged 7.7% jobless rate.
- Cyprus Bailout: Is Your Money Safe In US Banks?
March 31 2013 12:11 AM
Bank of Cyprus depositors learned they could lose as much as 60 percent of their accounts. U.S. depositors probably won’t suffer the same fate.
- North Korea Enters 'State Of War' Against South Korea: KCNA
March 30 2013 12:14 AM
North Korea says it has formally entered a "state of war" with its neighbor South Korea, according to state media Saturday.
- After Cyprus, Which Country Is Next To Be 'Rescued'?
March 29 2013 8:49 AM
Cyprus' messy bailout deal has dragged other tiny economies with big banking sectors into the spotlight.
- Tracking America’s Energy Costs And Production
March 29 2013 8:49 AM
The U.S. will overtake Saudi Arabia as the world’s leading oil producer by about 2017 and will become a net oil exporter by 2030.
- China Wants Its Banks Back In The Light
March 28 2013 7:03 AM
China's regulators are reining-in wildly popular but opaque investment products that form a key plank in China's shadow-banking system.
- China's Banks - Bad Loans, Lower Profits
March 28 2013 5:50 AM
The days of guaranteed fat profits are over for China's major state-run banks.
- China's Economy Showing More Signs Of Rebound
March 27 2013 11:42 PM
China's industrial profits saw a fifth consecutive month of double-digit growth after eight months of steep falls last year.
- Merkel Talks Tough To Cyprus, But Wants It In Euro Zone
March 22 2013 10:35 AM
"It must realize its current business model is dead," German Chancellor Angela Merkel said.
- Currency Wars: How Low Can The Japanese Yen Go?
March 22 2013 5:50 AM
Japan is determined to end economic stagnation. But having workers and importers bear the cost is not a sustainable solution.