Articles by Moran Zhang
- US Home Price Growth Is Bound To Slow
August 13 2013 5:54 AM
Analysts expect home-price growth to slow further on rising interest rates and increasing supply.
- This Week’s Economic Events: Euro Zone GDP, US Retails Sales
August 12 2013 10:21 AM
Euro zone GDP probably stopped contracting in the second quarter after a record six quarters of decline.
- Want A Private Airport? Spain Has A Big One For Sale
August 09 2013 1:19 PM
Spain's painful two-year recession is about to end. But the worst isn't over yet.
- ¥1,000,000,000,000,000: The Size Of Japan’s Debt
August 09 2013 10:28 AM
Japan's leaders are now facing a tough choice over how, or even whether, to hike taxes.
- Cisco, John Deere, Wal-Mart: Earnings To Watch Aug. 12-16
August 09 2013 7:51 AM
Second-quarter earnings reports will continue to make headlines next week, but the flow will slow from a flood to a trickle.
- Looking For A Ray Of Light In South Africa’s Economic Gloom
August 09 2013 6:08 AM
Two reports showed weaker-than-expected results in South Africa’s mining activity and factory output in June.
- Argentina Could Relapse Into Recession By 2014
August 07 2013 4:12 PM
Argentina, known for its spectacular economic booms and busts, is running on an unsustainable growth model, analysts warn.
- Bank Of England To Follow Fed's Lead On Interest Rates?
August 06 2013 2:10 PM
The big day is almost upon us. The BoE is expected to unveil new guidance for setting interest rates on Wednesday.
- June US Trade Deficit Narrows - Lowest Since Oct. 2009
August 06 2013 9:13 AM
The unexpected narrowing suggests that second quarter gross domestic product growth was significantly stronger than 1.7%.
- This Week, Brace For China’s Data Deluge
August 06 2013 7:31 AM
Reading China's July economic tea leaves.
- BOJ To Keep Monetary Policy On Hold
August 06 2013 7:26 AM
At issue is whether the economic recovery under Abenomics is strong enough to get past the effects of a consumption tax increase.
- Dish Network, Time Warner, Walt Disney: Earnings To Watch
August 04 2013 8:56 PM
Earnings season is winding down, but a number of market-moving companies are set to report their financial results.
- US June Factory Orders Rise 1.5%, But Miss Estimates
August 02 2013 11:25 AM
Factory orders in June were boosted by demand for transportation equipment, which rose 12 percent.
- July Employment Report Sends Mixed Signal To The Fed
August 02 2013 9:27 AM
All eyes are now on the Fed and what the jobs report may mean for the central bank's easy-money policies.
- July US Jobs Report Preview: Moderate Job Growth To Keep Fed Stimulus Tapering On Track
July 31 2013 6:11 AM
Friday's U.S. employment report will show continued steady job creation, leaving the Fed on track for before year-end tapering.
- Earnings For July 31: Comcast, CBS, Metlife
July 30 2013 10:27 AM
So far, a little more than half of the S&P 500 companies have reported their second-quarter earnings results. And profit growth is not that "good."
- US GDP To Receive Boost From Historic Revision
July 30 2013 5:54 AM
U.S. Q2 GDP is expected to be miserable, with the consensus estimate at an annualized increase of 1%.
- Fed Meeting Preview: Policymakers To Stay The Course
July 30 2013 5:44 AM
Policymakers will use this meeting to debate how to prepare financial markets for the future bond-buying program reduction.
- Earnings For July 30: Pfizer, Sprint, Merck
July 29 2013 10:35 AM
The U.S. economy continues to chug along at a rate that, while modest, seems to be adequate to help support reasonably good corporate earnings.
- Think Twice Before Gloating Over A Chinese Economic Slowdown
July 27 2013 11:21 AM
For 30 years, the world watched in awe as China's economy galloped ahead, but China's slowdown might not stick to the script.