Articles by Moran Zhang
- What To Expect At China’s National People’s Congress
February 21 2014 11:03 AM
Macro targets and local-government debt are likely to top the agenda when China’s top legislative body meets March 5.
- Earnings For Feb. 24-28: JC Penny, Best Buy, Target
February 21 2014 6:01 AM
Next week’s earnings calendar will be dominated by big-name retailers.
- The Rise Of Asian Luxury Shoppers
February 20 2014 6:18 AM
By 2015, financial wealth in China might overtake Japan’s, while emerging Asia is on course to eclipse the U.S., economists estimate.
- Don’t Panic: China Is Not Running On Mountains Of Foreign Cash
February 18 2014 6:56 AM
To paraphrase Mark Twain, the worries over China’s foreign debt are exaggerated.
- China Trust Default - The Bad News Just Keeps On Coming
February 14 2014 12:22 PM
Meanwhile, assets under management in Chinese trust firms surged to a record 10.9 trillion yuan, or $2.3 trillion, in 2013.
- Earnings For Feb. 17-21: Wal-Mart, Coca-Cola, Tesla, Groupon
February 14 2014 6:21 AM
So far, 367 companies have reported: 242 beat analysts’ estimates, 86 missed and 39 on target.
- Here’s What Will Happen If China Lands Hard
February 13 2014 6:30 AM
Chinese credit and, to a lesser extent, equity markets would be very vulnerable during a hard landing.
- More China Trust Product Defaults Trigger Shadow Banking Fear
February 12 2014 2:28 PM
2014 will be a year to test the government’s commitment to financial reform. Liansheng’s default probably won't be the last in China's trust sector.
- AIG Q4 Earnings Preview: Profit To Jump On Easy Comparisons
February 12 2014 5:49 AM
AIG will likely deliver strong earnings growth in Q4 2013, as the year-earlier period was hit by Superstorm Sandy losses.
- What To Expect From Yellen's First Hill Testimony
February 10 2014 4:28 PM
Yellen, historically a monetary policy dove, may not be so dovish as Fed chair.
- January US Jobs Report - The 5 Most Important Takeaways
February 07 2014 10:47 AM
Does this bitter cold winter explain the disappointing January jobs total? And will the Fed stick to its taper timetable?
- Earnings for Feb.10-14: Cisco, Sprint, PepsiCo
February 07 2014 5:06 AM
More big-name corporate earnings announcements will hit the tape next week.
- Spain's Property Market Outlook
February 06 2014 5:51 AM
Six years after the housing-bubble burst that sank Spain into recession, the bottom still hasn't been reached.
- US Private-Sector Job Gains Slowed In January
February 05 2014 8:38 AM
Private sector job growth remains below trend, but historically consistent with post-financial crisis recoveries.
- US Debt Ceiling: The Key Dates
February 05 2014 5:56 AM
Fiscal tensions were defused, but not extinguished, when Congress reached a modest budget accord in late 2013.
- Expect A Lot Of Noise In January's Jobs Report
February 04 2014 6:49 AM
Economists aren't very confident about their estimates because January is the month with the largest seasonal adjustment factor.
- Earnings For Feb. 3-7: Twitter, GM, Walt Disney
January 31 2014 6:27 AM
Wall Street analysts expect Q4 S&P 500 operating EPS to rise by 7 percent from a year ago.
- As Expected, Fed Cuts Stimulus Again
January 29 2014 2:09 PM
The Fed is continuing its stimulus withdrawal, despite a large drop in emerging market currencies, and inadequate U.S. job growth.
- What Happened To China's Market-Based Reform Commitment?
January 29 2014 11:48 AM
"Whether financial products in China can default or not is, at the end of the day, a political decision," Societe Generale's Wei said.
- US Q4 GDP Preview: A Consumer Tailwind?
January 29 2014 6:58 AM
The only Q4 GDP report weak spot is likely to be government spending - which was hurt by the government shutdown.