Articles by Moran Zhang
- The Yellen-Fischer Duo: A 'Dream Team' For The Fed
January 16 2014 5:27 AM
The Yellen-Fischer duo arrives at a crucial time. Their task now is to manage the QE exit while avoiding major hiccups.
- 7 Things Every Investor Should Know About The US Economy
January 15 2014 2:27 PM
Concerning the journey to U.S. economic healing, we're not half-way home; but the nation is progressing.
- Citi Q4 Earnings - How Bad Will Fixed-Income Trading Slump Bite?
January 15 2014 6:25 AM
Citigroup was probably hurt by lower fixed-income trading in Q4. But earnings likely rose anyway on a cost-cutting drive.
- Why Shanghai Is No Hong Kong
January 14 2014 11:19 AM
Non-Chinese banks urged by Beijing to set up shop in Shanghai’s free-trade zone aren't happy with the regulatory limbo.
- How Low Will China's Economic Growth Be?
January 14 2014 6:25 AM
Here are economists' estimates for China's Q4 GDP, Dec. factory production, FX reserves, bank lending, FAI and retail sales.
- Another Great Quarter Ahead For Wells Fargo?
January 13 2014 7:45 AM
Wells Fargo is expected to post its 16th consecutive quarter of EPS growth, but how can it do so on declining revenue?
- Just How Bad Was The December Jobs Report?
January 10 2014 9:35 AM
While the U.S. jobs report was a huge disappointment, economists say the picture will look very different when we get revisions next month.
- Emerging Market Banking Sector Outlook
January 10 2014 7:25 AM
Take a look at the key risks and developments for the emerging market banking sector in the month ahead.
- Earnings For Jan.13-17 - Big Banks On Tap
January 09 2014 8:11 AM
Wells Fargo and JPMorgan Chase & Co. will kick off Q4 bank earnings season on Tuesday.
- Fed's Stimulus Reduction Stance
January 08 2014 2:22 PM
The central bank's quantitative easing reduction philosophy in December can hardly be characterized as glide-path.
- December US Private-Sector Jobs Gain - 2013's Biggest
January 08 2014 8:31 AM
The above-consensus December total adds another data point that suggests the U.S. economic recovery is strengthening.
- The Outlook For China's Property Market
January 08 2014 5:57 AM
A major bank has pertinent thoughts on this key real estate market.
- Suddenly, China Is Totally Into Bank Sector Privatization
January 07 2014 10:30 AM
China’s banking sector has been mostly off-limits to private capital. That’s soon going to change.
- Will The US End 2013 With A Strong Jobs Report?
January 07 2014 6:55 AM
There are signs the U.S. economy is strengthening, which suggests a solid year for GDP and job growth in 2014.
- How China Wants To Shed Light On Shadow Banking
January 06 2014 11:42 AM
Regulators vow to monitor informal lending more closely and limit the growth in loans created outside of formal channels.
- China: More Cash Crunches Ahead
January 03 2014 1:51 PM
But HSBC economists predict that rate spikes won't hurt growth in 2014.
- Earnings For Jan.6-10: Monsanto, Alcoa, Micron
January 03 2014 7:47 AM
Q4 earnings season kicks off next week, with Alcoa Inc. (NYSE: AA) announcing its earnings results on Jan. 9. Here's a list of what to watch for.
- The Year Of Horse For Vietnam
January 03 2014 7:45 AM
Economists say the main bright spots in 2014 for Vietnam will continue to be export-oriented firms.
- Why China's Local Governments Will Never Default
January 02 2014 11:38 AM
Beijing is too concerned about growth to allow local governments to default. The best way to get rid of maturing debt? Roll it over.
- China SOEs Are The Biggest Losers Of 2013
December 31 2013 7:11 AM
China's state-owned enterprises have enjoyed easy access to cheap loans and subsidies, but reform is coming.