Articles by Moran Zhang
- Bevy Of Fed Speakers To Hit The Mic In The Week Ahead
September 20 2013 11:51 PM
This will provide ample opportunity for policymakers to give some guidance on what financial markets should watch for to avoid a repeat of a major miscommunication.
- 4 Things To Know About Sunday’s German Election
September 20 2013 3:39 PM
Germany’s general elections are this weekend. So who is likely to win?
- Carnival, Jabil Circuit, Lennar, Nike: Earnings To Watch Next Week
September 20 2013 5:53 AM
It looks like the Federal Reserve’s stimulus will continue to lift all financial-market boats, making third-quarter earnings less relevant.
- Bernanke Press Conference: Fed Still Could Decrease Stimulus In Late 2013
September 18 2013 1:00 PM
However, he added that if it takes the first step, subsequent steps will still be dependent on continued progress in the economy.
- August US Housing Starts Rise, But Permits Dip
September 18 2013 8:42 AM
Despite the rise, U.S. builders began work on fewer homes than expected in August and new building permits fell.
- The Problem With China's Land Reform
September 18 2013 5:50 AM
The process that promises shared prosperity often simply means local government forcing farmers into buildings while grabbing their land.
- Barclays To China: Miracles Don't Last, So Enjoy While You Can
September 18 2013 12:33 AM
In the next three to five years, we might see the first recession in the Chinese economy since the beginning of economic reform.
- US Inflation Remains Tame
September 17 2013 8:41 AM
The overall CPI and the core reading both stayed within the Federal Reserve's target for inflation.
- Fed Meeting Preview: What Would You Ask Bernanke If You Had The Chance?
September 17 2013 5:48 AM
How about: "If QE3 goes away, what’s the probability of QE4 if the economy backslides?"
- Will Wall Street Get The Fed Chief It Wanted?
September 16 2013 11:25 AM
Janet Yellen's nomination -- and her perceived dovishness -- are hardly guaranteed.
- All Eyes Will Be On The US Federal Reserve In The Week Ahead
September 14 2013 4:59 PM
As Barclays put it, next week may be the beginning of the end of “abnormalnomics.”
- White House Denies Report Summers Is Fed Chairman Pick
September 13 2013 9:29 AM
However, the administration left open the possibility that the Nikkei report may end up being true.
- August US Retail Sales Lower Than Expected
September 13 2013 8:49 AM
Following the retail sales release, Barclays downgraded U.S. third-quarter gross domestic product growth from 1.6 percent to 1.5 percent.
- Bubble Talk Grows In Dubai - Heading For A Repeat Of 2008 Property Crash?
September 12 2013 12:36 PM
There have been signs that Dubai real estate prices are rising too fast, too soon.
- US Jobless Claims Fall To Lowest Level Since 2006
September 12 2013 8:48 AM
However, the U.S. government said the surprising claims drop is linked to computer-related delays.
- US Income Inequality At Widest Mark Since 'Roaring '20s'
September 11 2013 1:48 PM
Incomes for the top 1 percent have almost fully recovered from the Great Recession, while bottom 99 percent incomes have hardly even started.
- Japan Tax Hike: Lessons From 1997
September 11 2013 5:56 AM
With the world’s highest debt-to-GDP ratio and an increasing social security bill, Japan will have to consider more revenue.
- 5 Reasons China’s Banks Won't Have Another Liquidity Crisis In September
September 11 2013 5:52 AM
Relax. September won't see a repeat of June’s liquidity scare in China. Here's why.
- US Consumer Confidence, Retail Sales: Economic Events Next Week
September 06 2013 11:00 PM
Expect a big upward revision in Japan’s Q2 GDP, more evidence of growth in China and stagflation signs in India.
- Sour US Jobs Report Might Keep Federal Reserve On Hold
September 06 2013 9:40 AM
What's more, July's job growth was revised substantially downward - the exact opposite of what's needed for Fed stimulus reduction.