Articles by Moran Zhang
- Asia Is Doing The Heavy Lifting For The Global Economy
March 15 2013 6:13 AM
The global economy is recovering, despite the weakness in the West.
- Another Ray Of Light: US Jobless Claims Near 5-Year Low
March 14 2013 9:00 AM
U.S. Labor Dept. officials said there were no unusual factors in the latest claims report and that all states provided data on time.
- Will The Yuan Rule The World?
March 14 2013 6:15 AM
As China moves up the economic pecking order, it's trying to promote the yuan as an alternative to the U.S. dollar.
- Too Much Austerity? Euro Zone Factory Index Falls
March 13 2013 11:50 AM
Industrial production fell further than expected in the euro zone in January, putting pressure on the ECB to cut interest rates later this year.
- Central Bank Holdings: Fewer Dollars, More Yuan, Gold
March 13 2013 7:02 AM
While the U.S. dollar is still the primary global currency, its long-term dominance is less certain.
- UK On Triple-Dip Recession Alert As Industrial Production Falls
March 12 2013 12:23 PM
The bad news comes a week ahead of Chancellor George Osborne’s annual budget statement on March 20.
- China: Hooked On Credit
March 12 2013 5:47 AM
Although this model is unsustainable, China’s over-reliance on investment is showing no signs of waning.
- Less Mao, More Markets
March 11 2013 1:48 PM
China's leaders announced that its cabinet will be have four fewer departments, a sign of less government intervention in business.
- Icahn And Dell On Speaking Terms
March 11 2013 9:31 AM
The pair signed a confidentialty agreement - days after the activist-investor said he would push to replace the pc maker’s board.
- US Retail Sales Among Key Economic Events Next Week
March 08 2013 11:38 PM
In the wake of a surprising U.S. employment report, investors will be keeping an eye out for more proof of economic strength.
- China Says Two Can Play At Currency War Game
March 08 2013 3:30 PM
What is China's next currency move now that the yen has weakened so much against the dollar?
- Don’t Read Too Much Into The Positive Jobs Report
March 08 2013 10:43 AM
February’s hiring increase was the highest since November, but economists warn that the trend could easily be reversed.