Articles by Moran Zhang
- The Detail Hidden In This Chinese Bank's IPO That May Scare You
December 16 2013 11:16 AM
China Everbright Bank finally admitted (sort of) it defaulted on 6.5 billion yuan ($1.07 billion) worth of a loan due last June.
- Sprint To Bid For T-Mobile: WSJ
December 13 2013 4:33 PM
A merger would leave the U.S. wireless market dominated by three big companies.
- Reading The Tea Leaves From China's 2014 Economic Policy Meeting
December 13 2013 11:30 AM
The just-completed, annual, high-level meeting is closed-door, but a few themes were communicated.
- Earnings Preview For Dec.16-20: Oracle, FedEx, Nike
December 13 2013 6:26 AM
The rate of negative company earnings guidance has rocketed in recent weeks to unprecedented highs.
- Stanley Fischer To Be Nominated Fed Vice Chair
December 12 2013 8:32 AM
Fischer is well-known in international economic policy. At MIT, Fischer once taught current Fed Chairman Bernanke and ECB President Draghi.
- US Home Prices: Can Bullish Conditions Continue?
December 12 2013 5:52 AM
U.S. home prices have had an impressive run since the end of the housing crash. What's ahead in 2014?
- BofA: 10 Key Calls For 2014
December 10 2013 3:06 PM
The Bank of America sees the S&P 500 hitting 2,000 by year-end 2014, and gold dropping to $1,250 per oz. in Q1, before rebounding.
- Clues To Beijing's Thinking
December 10 2013 6:19 AM
China's annual Central Economic Work Conference, Dec. 10-12, typically includes a lengthy fiscal/monetary policy statement.
- China's Financial Reforms: Two Steps Forward, One Step Back
December 09 2013 1:12 PM
China has taken another step in liberalizing its financial sector by loosening its grip on interest rates.
- What The Latest WTO Agreement Means For The Global Economy
December 09 2013 10:39 AM
WTO leaders hailed the weekend trade pact as a major breakthrough, but some economists think it's just so much small change.
- China's November Exports Blow Past Estimate
December 07 2013 10:34 PM
China's exports came in well above forecasts in November, contributing to a bigger trade surplus.
- Your Ultimate Guide To The 2014 Global Economy
December 06 2013 12:31 PM
Two indicators per country, or, how to stay on top of global economic trends in 2014 like an economist.
- What November's Solid US Job Growth Means For The Fed
December 06 2013 9:32 AM
The Fed is looking for momentum in the economy and a budget deal to start to reduce stimulus. Was November's job gain enough?
- US Q3 GDP Gets Huge Upward Revision
December 05 2013 8:42 AM
The U.S. economy grew at a much stronger rate in Q3. What does it mean for the Fed's stimulus reduction timetable?
- 2014: More Uncertainty Awaits 'Fragile 5’ Economies
December 04 2013 4:27 PM
Each of the “fragile five” countries faces an election in 2014.
- Fed's Beige Book: Stimulus Plot Thickens
December 04 2013 3:34 PM
The Fed said U.S. economic growth remains modest to moderate; but is the economy strong enough to decrease stimulus?
- Is Latest US Jobs Stat A Ray Of Light?
December 04 2013 8:25 AM
ADP said private-sector employment increased by a healthy amount in November, blowing past analysts’ expectations.
- Japan: Slower Growth Expected, BOJ On Hold
December 04 2013 6:09 AM
Bank of Japan is unlikely to launch fresh stimulus any time soon.
- China November Economic Data Preview - Signs Of Resilience?
December 04 2013 6:01 AM
A 7 percent GDP target has become a more likely choice in the policy circle.
- November US Jobs Report Preview: Good Enough To Reduce Fed Stimulus?
December 03 2013 6:27 AM
November’s employment report could tip the finely-balanced stimulus reduction decision either way.