Articles by Moran Zhang
- 5 Reasons China’s Banks Won't Have Another Liquidity Crisis In September
September 11 2013 5:52 AM
Relax. September won't see a repeat of June’s liquidity scare in China. Here's why.
- US Consumer Confidence, Retail Sales: Economic Events Next Week
September 06 2013 11:00 PM
Expect a big upward revision in Japan’s Q2 GDP, more evidence of growth in China and stagflation signs in India.
- Sour US Jobs Report Might Keep Federal Reserve On Hold
September 06 2013 9:40 AM
What's more, July's job growth was revised substantially downward - the exact opposite of what's needed for Fed stimulus reduction.
- ASEAN Economies Feel Syrian Shock In Form Of Crude-Oil Costs
September 06 2013 5:45 AM
Rising global oil prices may keep oil-trade deficits and subsidy costs elevated for ASEAN economies.
- Pulse Check On Chinese Economy
September 05 2013 5:49 AM
More August data due over this weekend will likely show that China may have avoided a sharp slowdown.
- Fed Beige Book: Modest/Moderate Growth
September 04 2013 2:38 PM
The Fed said the U.S. economy continued to grow at a modest/moderate pace in July and August, as it has for much of 2013.
- ECB Minutes: To Publish Or Not To Publish?
September 03 2013 3:26 PM
Currently, the ECB is the only major central bank that doesn’t publish meeting minutes.
- August US Jobs Report: D-Day For Fed Stimulus Reduction?
September 03 2013 12:17 PM
As summer begins to fade, the U.S. economy stands at something of a crossroads. Will rising risks change the Fed's thinking?
- Central Banks, G-20 And The Jobs Report: Economic Events For Sept. 2-6
September 02 2013 12:02 AM
The holiday-shortened week will be capped by the all-important U.S. employment report on Friday.
- Cloud Hangs Over China’s ‘Big Five’ State-Owned Banks, Among Others
August 30 2013 8:40 AM
There's a grim outlook for China's banking industry on slower profit growth, narrower interest-rate margins and rising bad loans.
- US Q2 GDP Revised Up
August 29 2013 8:47 AM
The U.S. economy grew at a faster-than-expected rate in the April-June period, bolstering the case for the Fed to decrease stimulus.
- China’s Steel Industry On The Brink Of Bankruptcy
August 29 2013 6:05 AM
The first domino might fall in less than a year, posing a threat to China's economy.
- Bank Of England Ready To Inject More Stimulus
August 28 2013 9:40 AM
In his first speech since taking office July 1, BoE Governor Mark Carney says the recovery seen so far isn't enough.
- Watch Out, China, Pork-Flation Is Coming
August 28 2013 6:01 AM
Half the world’s pigs live in China and pork price is a good barometer of inflationary pressure.
- Japan Is Getting The Wrong Kind Of Inflation
August 27 2013 6:01 AM
Japan’s ultra-easy monetary policy successfully drove down the yen. But a weaker yen is a double-edged sword.
- Many Historic Italian Brands Shuttered As Recession Drags On
August 27 2013 6:00 AM
It is too soon to conclude that the crisis in Italy is nearing an end.
- Economic Events For Week Ahead: US Q2 GDP Revision, Durable Goods
August 24 2013 11:51 AM
In the U.S., revised Q2 GDP should indicate steady momentum.
- Why September Is The Worst Month For Markets
August 23 2013 11:40 AM
Historically, September is the worst month for U.S. stocks. It’s also the month with the most banking crises.
- Joy Global, Tiffany, TiVo: Earnings Preview For This Week
August 23 2013 6:04 AM
So far, 71 percent of the 483 companies in the S&P 500 that have reported quarterly earnings topped profit estimates.
- 7 Reasons Why You Don’t Want To Be A Farmer In China
August 22 2013 5:43 AM
A look at why China has the worst farms in the world.