Articles by Moran Zhang
- China Just Loves America’s Green Technology
March 08 2013 5:58 AM
To stay ahead, U.S. policymakers must continue to invest in the success of the country's clean-energy companies.
- Fed's Beige Book: The Good, Bad And Ugly
March 07 2013 2:38 PM
Here’s a rundown of some nuggets from Wednesday’s Beige Book, which can be used to get a feel for the direction of the U.S. economy.
- Evaluating China's February Economic Tea Leaves
March 07 2013 5:56 AM
Is February economic data softness a result of the Lunar New Year seasonal distortion or fundamental weakness in China's economy?
- ADP Reports Boost In Hiring: Will It Push Down US Jobless Rate?
March 06 2013 8:52 AM
Payroll provider ADP said businesses added a better-than-expected 198,000 jobs in February, despite the payroll tax hike.
- Investors' Eyes Turn To Friday's February US Jobs Report
March 06 2013 6:00 AM
Economists polled by Reuters expect the economy to have created 160,000 jobs in February -- basically at the same pace as 2012.
- As Germany Marches Ahead, France Lags Behind
March 05 2013 10:25 AM
Germany and France are now farther apart than at any other time in the 15-year history of the Markit PMI survey.
- China’s National People’s Congress - Capitalism, Beijing Style
March 04 2013 5:15 PM
The 12th National People’s Congress meeting, China’s top legislative body, will convene Tuesday and close on March 17.
- China And The US - A Tale Of Two Oil Consumers
March 04 2013 10:41 AM
It looks like U.S. energy self-sufficiency is now within reach, even as China becomes more import-dependent.
- US Employment Reports Key Economic Events Next Week
March 02 2013 12:02 AM
The job market will dominate economic news in the U.S. next week, with the latest figures on nonfarm payrolls to be released Friday.
- Japan Declares Currency War On Global Economies
March 01 2013 9:05 PM
The yen's slide is an effort to jump-start Japan, but holders of the dollar, won, Euro, yuan and other currencies see it as an act of aggression.
- The Richest Get Richer, By $250 Million Each, Per Day
March 01 2013 11:35 AM
The world’s billionaires had a combined fortune of $5.5 trillion -- the equivalent of China’s GDP, according to Hurun.
- Why Is Personal Income At Its Lowest Point In 20 Years?
March 01 2013 9:27 AM
Households responded to this hit to income by spending more and reducing their savings. But what does it mean for the economy's health?