Articles by Moran Zhang
- Google Planning To Open Retail Stores? Makes Sense
February 16 2013 4:44 PM
Google Inc. reportedly plans to open a chain of self-branded retail stores in the U.S. before the end of this year.
- Rescue, Cleanup Team Travels To Russian Meteor Site In Chelyabinsk
February 16 2013 2:14 PM
NASA said the meteor explosion was a "once in a century event" as 20,000 emergency responders converged on the area.
- Pakistan: Death Toll From Market Bombing Is Now 60
February 16 2013 12:04 PM
A bomb in a market in Quetta, Pakistan, killed at least 60 on Saturday, police officials said, with more than 200 wounded.
- G-20 Defuses Currency War And Lets Japan Off Hook
February 16 2013 11:44 AM
A two-day G-20 meeting in Moscow ended on Saturday with members promising to refrain from competitive currency devaluation.
- US Factory Output Dips In January, As Auto Production Drops
February 15 2013 10:44 AM
Global growth will still be fairly weak this year, but there’s no denying that industrial conditions have recently improved.
- Earnings Reports To Watch This Week
February 15 2013 5:56 AM
Here's your handy earnings-report watchlist for this week.
- Euro Zone Recession Deepened In 4Q, But ECB Rate Cut Unlikely
February 14 2013 11:55 AM
A bigger-than-expected GDP contraction in Q4 brought a dismal end to a very difficult year for the euro zone.
- Asian Stock Markets - Fundamentals Take A Backseat To Sentiment
February 14 2013 8:40 AM
Asian markets shouldn’t be perceived as high risk, but stock valuations are definitely out of sync with earnings growth, an expert warned.
- Central Bank Gold Demand Hits 48-Year-High In 2012: World Gold Council
February 14 2013 8:31 AM
Central banks are now buying more gold than ETF investors -- a very startling result. Will the trend continue?
- Dollar, Euro, Pound, Yen, Yuan - Is A Currency War Ahead?
February 12 2013 2:54 PM
Beggar-thy-neighbor currency devaluations helped crash the global economy in the 1930s. Are we about to repeat?
- Economic Events: Bank OfJapan, Group Of 20 Meetings In Focus
February 12 2013 5:55 AM
Foreign-exchange traders will be closely watching the G20 meeting in Russia. Currency manipulation will likely dominate the discussions.
- African Countries’ Bond Rush: A Return To ‘Original Sin?’
February 08 2013 4:59 PM
Many African countries are hitting the global bond market.