Articles by Moran Zhang
- Fed Minutes: No Stimulus Reduction Was A ‘Close Call’
October 09 2013 2:13 PM
FOMC minutes show some Fed policymakers on the fence about reducing the level of stimulus.
- Obama To Nominate Yellen As Fed Chair Wed.
October 08 2013 9:27 PM
If confirmed by the Senate, Yellen would become the 15th Fed chairman and the first woman to hold that post.
- IMF Cuts Global Growth Forecast, Warns About US Default Danger
October 08 2013 10:08 AM
Assuming the U.S. avoids a default, the next big challenge will be for the Fed to start paring its monthly bond purchases.
- Chinese Economy: A Fragile Rebound?
October 08 2013 5:42 AM
Economists expect the recovery to last until the end of the year, with growth likely to slow in 2014.
- Greece Predicts Its Emergence From Recession In 2014
October 07 2013 10:00 AM
Greece also plans to return to bond markets in the second half of 2014.
- Data Drought: Govt. Shutdown Leaves Economists Flying Blind
October 04 2013 3:42 PM
The ongoing government shutdown has disrupted the normal data flow. Economists, along with the markets and the Fed, are flying blind when it comes to tracking the economy.
- Earnings To Watch: Alcoa, JPMorgan, Wells Fargo
October 04 2013 5:43 AM
U.S. Q3 earnings warning ratio is the second worst since 2011; the record was Q2 of this year.
- US Treasury: Debt Default Potentially ‘Catastrophic’
October 03 2013 1:28 PM
A U.S. default caused by a failure to raise the debt limit could trigger a worse financial crisis than in 2008, the department said.
- Sept. US Jobs Report Delayed: Labor Dept.
October 03 2013 11:03 AM
Even if the U.S. government shutdown ends Thursday, the jobs report will be delayed, the Labor Department said.
- What Would A Failure To Raise The US Debt Ceiling Trigger?
October 03 2013 6:21 AM
A failure to raise the debt ceiling would likely trigger a shockwave through the markets and economy.
- How Would A US Shutdown Affect The Economy?
October 02 2013 1:05 PM
The government shutdown's impact on fourth-quarter growth depends on three undetermined factors.
- Sept. US Private-Sector Job Gain Less Than Expected
October 02 2013 8:51 AM
The ADP private-sector job creation report might be the only jobs report investors will get this month.
- How The Past 17 US Government Shutdowns Affected Markets
October 01 2013 10:37 AM
Maybe the reason US government shutdowns are such a non-event is because much of the US government doesn't shut down during shutdowns.
- September US Jobs Report: Is Slow Growth The New Normal?
September 30 2013 5:50 AM
With no clear guidance from the Fed on its stimulus reduction criteria, investor uncertainty about this decision is very high.
- Terrorists Storm Nigeria College Dorm, Kill 50
September 29 2013 2:19 PM
At least 50 students were killed in their sleep by suspected Boko Haram militants on Sunday.
- Syria’s Assad Promises To Comply With UN Chemical-Weapons Resolution
September 29 2013 12:18 PM
Syria's president says his government will abide by the U.N. resolution calling for its chemical weapons stockpile to be destroyed.
- Shanghai’s Free-Trade Zone Opens For Business
September 29 2013 10:59 AM
China’s new trade zone will be a test ground for financial, trade and investment reforms. But doubts remain.
- US Jobs Report, Japan Tax-Hike Decision Highlight Week Ahead
September 27 2013 11:56 PM
The focus next week will be on the U.S. nonfarm payrolls report, the ECB and BoJ interest-rate decisions, Japan’s Tankan survey and sales-tax hike, and China’s PMI data.
- Earnings Preview For Sept. 30 - Oct. 4: Walgreen, Monsanto, Constellation Brands
September 27 2013 5:52 AM
Similar to Q2, analysts expect the financials sector to lead the way in Q3 earnings growth, mainly driven by big banks.
- 7 Things To Know About China’s Debt Time Bomb
September 27 2013 5:45 AM
China is currently sitting on a local government debt time bomb and the clock is ticking.