- Preview: Euro Zone Barely Sustained Nascent Economic Recovery In Q3
November 12 2013 6:28 AM
In Q3, there may have been a modest pickup in consumer spending, supported by higher consumer confidence.
- Japan's Swelling Trade Deficit: Blame The iPhones
November 11 2013 2:33 PM
Japan’s swelling trade deficit is more than an energy problem. The nation has also lost its surplus in electrical equipment because of mobile phone imports.
- US Jobs Report - An 'October Surprise'
November 08 2013 9:27 AM
But what will the positive jobs report mean for the Fed's stimulus reduction timetable?
- Earnings For Nov.11-15: Cisco, News Corp, Wal-Mart
November 08 2013 5:53 AM
While about 85% of the S&P 500 has reported Q3 earnings, there are still some big names worth watching.
- Yellen's First Senate Hot Seat Day: Next Thursday
November 07 2013 4:24 PM
The Senate Banking Committee announced a Nov. 14 hearing on the nomination of Janet Yellen for Federal Reserve chair.
- US Q3 GDP - Pointing To Better Times Ahead?
November 07 2013 8:44 AM
The U.S. economy grew at the fastest pace in a year and a half, topping economists' estimate.
- ECB Unexpectedly Cuts Interest Rate To 0.25%
November 07 2013 8:07 AM
The European Central Bank has cut interest rates in response to falling inflation.
- Southeast Asian Countries May Be On The Cusp Of A Golden Demographic Era
November 07 2013 6:21 AM
Unlike developed economies, many Southeast Asian economies are fueled by a growing working-age population.
- October US Jobs Report: Looking Past The Shutdown Noise
November 06 2013 6:18 AM
Prepare to be disappointed by the October jobs report, as well as the first reading for Q3 U.S. GDP.
- 8 Things You Need To Know About China's Upcoming Party Congress
November 01 2013 3:28 PM
China’s ruling Communist Party will hold the Third Plenary Session of the 18th Central Committee Nov. 9-12 in Beijing.
- Earnings Preview For Nov. 4-8: Groupon, Walt Disney, Tesla
November 01 2013 6:24 AM
Of the 355 companies in the S&P 500 that have already reported earnings, 68.2% have topped analysts’ expectations.
- Fed Keeps Easy Money Policy Unchanged
October 30 2013 2:10 PM
The Fed said it plans to "await more evidence that progress will be sustained before adjusting the pace of its purchases."
- October US Private-Sector Job Gain Disappoints
October 30 2013 8:21 AM
The ADP private-sector job creation report once again disappointed investors -- coming in below the consensus estimate.
- AIG Q3 Earnings Likely To Top Estimates
October 30 2013 5:47 AM
AIG is expected to report better-than-forecast Q3 earnings, helped by a strong equity market and low catastrophe losses.
- October Fed Meeting Preview - US Economy Strong Enough To Reduce Stimulus?
October 29 2013 5:48 AM
The Oct. 29-30 FOMC meeting will be more notable for what is discussed than what is done, economists predict.
- Earnings Preview For This Week: Apple, Facebook, LinkedIn
October 28 2013 11:26 AM
If Apple reports weaker earnings per share for Q3, it will mark the fourth consecutive quarter the iPhone maker has had a year-over-year decline in EPS.
- Can China Save Debtor Local Economies And Avoid A Hard Landing?
October 25 2013 5:05 PM
China's debt-ridden local governments are testing the limits of the "you have to spend money to make money" axiom.
- Delayed US Sept. Jobs Report Shows Big Miss
October 22 2013 8:43 AM
The U.S. government shutdown has muddied economic data too much for a data-dependent Fed to reduce stimulus at its next meeting.
- Caterpillar Earnings Preview: Weak Mining Demand Digs Into Q3 Profit
October 22 2013 6:22 AM
Caterpillar, the world's largest maker of construction and mining equipment, is expected to report a 31% drop in Q3 profit.
- Economic Events For Week Ahead: Sept. Jobs Report
October 18 2013 5:15 PM
With the U.S. government back open, we will finally get the government payrolls report next Tuesday.