Articles by Moran Zhang
- Earnings Reports To Watch, Feb. 11-15
February 08 2013 6:43 AM
Though the earnings season is winding down, results continue to boost growth estimates for the fourth quarter.
- US Risks Losing World’s Top Corn Exporter Status Due To Ethanol
February 08 2013 6:39 AM
Historically, the U.S. has been the world's biggest corn exporter. But the landscape is rapidly changing.
- US Initial Jobless Claims Dip Toward 5-Year Low
February 07 2013 9:00 AM
The four-week moving average hit a near five-year low, pointing to an ongoing gradual recovery in the labor market.
- Fitch Warns Of Increased Bankruptcy Possibilities In US Coal Sector
February 06 2013 1:11 PM
King Coal, which powered the Industrial Revolution, probably won’t see a return of his glory days.
- Biogen To Pay $3.2B For MS Drug Control
February 06 2013 9:08 AM
Biogen expects sole ownership of multiple sclerosis drug Tysabri to add as much as 60 cents to its adjusted EPS.
- Why Was Your Wallet Lighter In January? US Payroll Tax Increase
February 06 2013 5:54 AM
The expiration of the U.S. payroll tax cut likely left consumers with 3.5% less personal disposable income in January.
- China’s Real Estate Is Back, With Prices On The Rise
February 05 2013 2:51 PM
Land sales figures in China's 10 key cities almost tripled in the first month of 2013.
- ECB Risks Losing Currency War
February 05 2013 5:42 AM
As other central banks continue printing money, the European Central Bank seems to be moving in the opposite direction.
- China Surplus Labor Pool To Vanish By 2025: IMF
February 04 2013 1:58 PM
China is undergoing a demographic shift that will have profound economic and social consequences.
- The 'Blame Game' Begins Over Super Bowl Blackout
February 04 2013 10:21 AM
After the great power outage in New Orleans' Superdome, the recriminations begin.
- Central-Bank Actions Key Economic Events Next Week
February 01 2013 11:42 PM
Having just weathered a blizzard of economic reports, investors and traders can look ahead to a fairly light calendar next week.
- Dow Crosses 14,000 For 1st Time Since Oct 2007
February 01 2013 10:42 AM
On Friday, the DJIA came within less than 200 points of its record high following the latest nonfarm payrolls report.