Articles by Moran Zhang
- Earnings Preview For Sept. 30 - Oct. 4: Walgreen, Monsanto, Constellation Brands
September 27 2013 5:52 AM
Similar to Q2, analysts expect the financials sector to lead the way in Q3 earnings growth, mainly driven by big banks.
- 7 Things To Know About China’s Debt Time Bomb
September 27 2013 5:45 AM
China is currently sitting on a local government debt time bomb and the clock is ticking.
- It’s Official: Oct. 17 Is US Debt Limit Deadline
September 25 2013 10:14 AM
If the U.S. government becomes unable to pay all of its bills, the result could be catastrophic, Treasury's Lew said.
- China's Unbalanced Growth: A Look Under The Hood
September 25 2013 5:55 AM
China's unbalanced growth can only lead to economic collapse? Some actually see it as China’s underlying source of power.
- Goldman Sachs Predicts Next Fed Chair: Guess Who?
September 24 2013 11:23 AM
President Barack Obama appears likely to nominate Fed Vice Chair Janet Yellen, and the announcement will come fairly soon.
- Bevy Of Fed Speakers To Hit The Mic In The Week Ahead
September 20 2013 11:51 PM
This will provide ample opportunity for policymakers to give some guidance on what financial markets should watch for to avoid a repeat of a major miscommunication.
- 4 Things To Know About Sunday’s German Election
September 20 2013 3:39 PM
Germany’s general elections are this weekend. So who is likely to win?
- Carnival, Jabil Circuit, Lennar, Nike: Earnings To Watch Next Week
September 20 2013 5:53 AM
It looks like the Federal Reserve’s stimulus will continue to lift all financial-market boats, making third-quarter earnings less relevant.
- Bernanke Press Conference: Fed Still Could Decrease Stimulus In Late 2013
September 18 2013 1:00 PM
However, he added that if it takes the first step, subsequent steps will still be dependent on continued progress in the economy.
- August US Housing Starts Rise, But Permits Dip
September 18 2013 8:42 AM
Despite the rise, U.S. builders began work on fewer homes than expected in August and new building permits fell.
- The Problem With China's Land Reform
September 18 2013 5:50 AM
The process that promises shared prosperity often simply means local government forcing farmers into buildings while grabbing their land.
- Barclays To China: Miracles Don't Last, So Enjoy While You Can
September 18 2013 12:33 AM
In the next three to five years, we might see the first recession in the Chinese economy since the beginning of economic reform.
- US Inflation Remains Tame
September 17 2013 8:41 AM
The overall CPI and the core reading both stayed within the Federal Reserve's target for inflation.
- Fed Meeting Preview: What Would You Ask Bernanke If You Had The Chance?
September 17 2013 5:48 AM
How about: "If QE3 goes away, what’s the probability of QE4 if the economy backslides?"
- Will Wall Street Get The Fed Chief It Wanted?
September 16 2013 11:25 AM
Janet Yellen's nomination -- and her perceived dovishness -- are hardly guaranteed.
- All Eyes Will Be On The US Federal Reserve In The Week Ahead
September 14 2013 4:59 PM
As Barclays put it, next week may be the beginning of the end of “abnormalnomics.”
- White House Denies Report Summers Is Fed Chairman Pick
September 13 2013 9:29 AM
However, the administration left open the possibility that the Nikkei report may end up being true.
- August US Retail Sales Lower Than Expected
September 13 2013 8:49 AM
Following the retail sales release, Barclays downgraded U.S. third-quarter gross domestic product growth from 1.6 percent to 1.5 percent.
- Bubble Talk Grows In Dubai - Heading For A Repeat Of 2008 Property Crash?
September 12 2013 12:36 PM
There have been signs that Dubai real estate prices are rising too fast, too soon.
- US Jobless Claims Fall To Lowest Level Since 2006
September 12 2013 8:48 AM
However, the U.S. government said the surprising claims drop is linked to computer-related delays.