- Earnings To Watch Next Week: Microsoft, Ford, AT&T, Zynga
October 18 2013 6:11 AM
So far, the S&P 500 companies' earnings beat rate is lower than the historical average.
- Fed Beige Book: Filling The Data Gaps
October 16 2013 2:24 PM
The Fed said about 1/3 of the nation reported slower GDP growth, with only scattered U.S. government shutdown effects.
- What Are Implications Of A US Downgrade?
October 16 2013 12:59 PM
Washington chaos has left the U.S. at greater risk of losing its remaining AAA credit ratings even if an imminent default is avoided.
- A US Default Won’t Send Treasury Yields Soaring: Firm
October 15 2013 11:16 AM
Treasury yields probably would rise but not by much in a default, given how brief a default would be and the implications for economic and monetary policy.
- 4 Things To Know About The Trans-Pacific Partnership
October 15 2013 6:19 AM
The pact, arguably the most important trade agreement in a generation, emerged after a decade of trade talk dissapointment.
- Counting Down To US Default: Key Debt Limit Dates
October 14 2013 11:40 AM
This week will be crucial in the countdown to a potential U.S. default. Here are the key dates to watch.
- Cheat Sheet: Global Economic Events This Week
October 12 2013 12:21 AM
The focus will be on U.S., U.K. and euro-zone inflation, as well as China’s Q3 GDP, industrial production and retail sales.
- Ukraine’s Banks Still Teetering On The Brink
October 11 2013 12:07 PM
The ex-Soviet republic is also struggling with an economic contraction, a trade deficit, dwindling foreign currency reserves and debt.
- Earnings To Watch Next Week: Bank Of America, Google, Intel
October 11 2013 6:26 AM
Analysts expect S&P 500 companies to report Q3 earnings of about 3%, down from close to 10% at the beginning of 2013.
- Wells Fargo Q3 Earnings Preview: Higher Profits, Despite Slower Mortgage Lending
October 10 2013 5:39 AM
To hand in a decent report card, Wells Fargo may dip into the money it had previously set aside in tougher times to cover bad loans.
- From The Bernanke Fed To The Yellen Fed
October 09 2013 3:26 PM
Janet Yellen will likely be confirmed by a large majority in the Senate, ensuring a seamless transition of Fed leaders.
- Fed Minutes: No Stimulus Reduction Was A ‘Close Call’
October 09 2013 2:13 PM
FOMC minutes show some Fed policymakers on the fence about reducing the level of stimulus.
- Obama To Nominate Yellen As Fed Chair Wed.
October 08 2013 9:27 PM
If confirmed by the Senate, Yellen would become the 15th Fed chairman and the first woman to hold that post.
- IMF Cuts Global Growth Forecast, Warns About US Default Danger
October 08 2013 10:08 AM
Assuming the U.S. avoids a default, the next big challenge will be for the Fed to start paring its monthly bond purchases.
- Chinese Economy: A Fragile Rebound?
October 08 2013 5:42 AM
Economists expect the recovery to last until the end of the year, with growth likely to slow in 2014.
- Greece Predicts Its Emergence From Recession In 2014
October 07 2013 10:00 AM
Greece also plans to return to bond markets in the second half of 2014.
- Data Drought: Govt. Shutdown Leaves Economists Flying Blind
October 04 2013 3:42 PM
The ongoing government shutdown has disrupted the normal data flow. Economists, along with the markets and the Fed, are flying blind when it comes to tracking the economy.
- Earnings To Watch: Alcoa, JPMorgan, Wells Fargo
October 04 2013 5:43 AM
U.S. Q3 earnings warning ratio is the second worst since 2011; the record was Q2 of this year.
- US Treasury: Debt Default Potentially ‘Catastrophic’
October 03 2013 1:28 PM
A U.S. default caused by a failure to raise the debt limit could trigger a worse financial crisis than in 2008, the department said.
- Sept. US Jobs Report Delayed: Labor Dept.
October 03 2013 11:03 AM
Even if the U.S. government shutdown ends Thursday, the jobs report will be delayed, the Labor Department said.