Articles by Moran Zhang
- US Economy Growing At ‘Modest To Moderate Pace’: Fed Beige Book
July 17 2013 2:38 PM
Eight times a year, the Fed releases its Beige Book, a snapshot of business conditions in the Fed’s 12 regional bank districts.
- Bernanke On Hill: We Could Reduce - Or Increase - Stimulus, If Needed
July 17 2013 9:01 AM
The Fed chairman underscored that the stimulus reduction is "by no means on a preset course."
- Japan's Freaky Fukushima Produce And A Widening Trade Deficit
July 17 2013 5:33 AM
As problems continue to plague the Fukushima nuclear plant, the impact of its restart on Japan's trade deficit would likely be very small.
- China's Economy Slows, But Job Growth Remains Stable
July 16 2013 10:06 AM
Chinese officials are concerned that a slowdown could put China at risk of rising unemployment and social unrest.
- Coca-Cola Earnings Preview: Poor Weather Curbing Consumer Thirst
July 15 2013 7:13 AM
Coca-Cola is navigating poor weather conditions, forex headwinds, taxes and falling consumer demand in countries such as China and Brazil.
- Bank Of America, Google, Microsoft: Earnings To Watch This Week
July 12 2013 8:44 AM
Get ready for another quarter of weak earnings growth and low expectations.
- June FOMC Minutes - Half Of Fed Board Wants To Taper
July 10 2013 2:13 PM
The June 18-19 minutes showed that about half the participants wanted to bring asset purchases to a close late this year.
- Economic Events For The Week: June FOMC Minutes, BoJ Meeting, China June Data
July 09 2013 5:19 AM
The June 18-19 meeting minutes of the Federal Open Market Committee is likely to garner attention from the markets.
- At Least 3 Dead, 69 Injured In Pro-Morsi March
July 05 2013 2:10 PM
At least three people were shot dead by security forces as pro-Morsi supporters approached the compound. The Egyptian army has denied it shot at protesters.
- S&P Cuts Portugal Outlook To Negative
July 05 2013 1:26 PM
Complications to the country's "already-challenging policy-making environment" following the resignations of two key government ministers is cited for the reason.
- EU Could Suspend Data-Sharing With US In Spying Row
July 05 2013 12:53 PM
The U.S. government may soon be feeling more consequences from the leak of its surveillance programs.
- Strong June Jobs Report Moves Fed Closer To Tapering
July 05 2013 10:07 AM
Payrolls growth could even slow a bit from here, and the Fed would still start to taper QE3 at FOMC meeting in September -- "Septaper."
- Alcoa, JPMorgan, Wells Fargo, Yum: Earnings Reports To Watch
July 05 2013 8:28 AM
Second-quarter earnings season is just around the corner. But expectations are bleak.
- China Turbocharges Financial Reform In Shanghai
July 04 2013 2:43 PM
Exploring yuan convertibility in Shanghai, the free-trade zone will be the first in mainland China.
- Do You ‘Like’ The US Blowing $630Gs On Facebook Fans?
July 04 2013 12:07 PM
The U.S. State Department is under fire for shelling out $630,000 to buy Facebook Inc. (Nasdaq: FB) “likes,” a 57-page report says.
- 4th Of July Facts: Most US Flags, Fireworks Made In China
July 04 2013 10:37 AM
Fireworks and flags may be the centerpiece for this all-American holiday, but there’s little about them that's made in America.
- China’s Housing Market Is In Recovery Mode, But Is That Good News?
July 03 2013 1:58 PM
China's government hasn't been able to pop the nation's increasingly large real estate bubble.
- Evaluating China's June Economic Tea Leaves
July 03 2013 6:06 AM
Beijing is carefully tamping down expectations for the second-quarter GDP data due out on July 15. How low can it go?
- US Housing Prices Rise In May By Most In 7 Years
July 02 2013 9:15 AM
Real estate data provider CoreLogic said Tuesday that home prices rose from a year ago in 48 states.
- US June Jobs Report Preview – More Moderate Growth Or A Swoon?
July 02 2013 5:38 AM
A “status quo” jobs report reflecting continued labor market healing will probably nudge the Fed toward tapering.