Articles by Moran Zhang
- What Would A Failure To Raise The US Debt Ceiling Trigger?
October 03 2013 6:21 AM
A failure to raise the debt ceiling would likely trigger a shockwave through the markets and economy.
- How Would A US Shutdown Affect The Economy?
October 02 2013 1:05 PM
The government shutdown's impact on fourth-quarter growth depends on three undetermined factors.
- Sept. US Private-Sector Job Gain Less Than Expected
October 02 2013 8:51 AM
The ADP private-sector job creation report might be the only jobs report investors will get this month.
- How The Past 17 US Government Shutdowns Affected Markets
October 01 2013 10:37 AM
Maybe the reason US government shutdowns are such a non-event is because much of the US government doesn't shut down during shutdowns.
- September US Jobs Report: Is Slow Growth The New Normal?
September 30 2013 5:50 AM
With no clear guidance from the Fed on its stimulus reduction criteria, investor uncertainty about this decision is very high.
- Terrorists Storm Nigeria College Dorm, Kill 50
September 29 2013 2:19 PM
At least 50 students were killed in their sleep by suspected Boko Haram militants on Sunday.
- Syria’s Assad Promises To Comply With UN Chemical-Weapons Resolution
September 29 2013 12:18 PM
Syria's president says his government will abide by the U.N. resolution calling for its chemical weapons stockpile to be destroyed.
- Shanghai’s Free-Trade Zone Opens For Business
September 29 2013 10:59 AM
China’s new trade zone will be a test ground for financial, trade and investment reforms. But doubts remain.
- US Jobs Report, Japan Tax-Hike Decision Highlight Week Ahead
September 27 2013 11:56 PM
The focus next week will be on the U.S. nonfarm payrolls report, the ECB and BoJ interest-rate decisions, Japan’s Tankan survey and sales-tax hike, and China’s PMI data.
- Earnings Preview For Sept. 30 - Oct. 4: Walgreen, Monsanto, Constellation Brands
September 27 2013 5:52 AM
Similar to Q2, analysts expect the financials sector to lead the way in Q3 earnings growth, mainly driven by big banks.
- 7 Things To Know About China’s Debt Time Bomb
September 27 2013 5:45 AM
China is currently sitting on a local government debt time bomb and the clock is ticking.
- It’s Official: Oct. 17 Is US Debt Limit Deadline
September 25 2013 10:14 AM
If the U.S. government becomes unable to pay all of its bills, the result could be catastrophic, Treasury's Lew said.
- China's Unbalanced Growth: A Look Under The Hood
September 25 2013 5:55 AM
China's unbalanced growth can only lead to economic collapse? Some actually see it as China’s underlying source of power.
- Goldman Sachs Predicts Next Fed Chair: Guess Who?
September 24 2013 11:23 AM
President Barack Obama appears likely to nominate Fed Vice Chair Janet Yellen, and the announcement will come fairly soon.
- Bevy Of Fed Speakers To Hit The Mic In The Week Ahead
September 20 2013 11:51 PM
This will provide ample opportunity for policymakers to give some guidance on what financial markets should watch for to avoid a repeat of a major miscommunication.
- 4 Things To Know About Sunday’s German Election
September 20 2013 3:39 PM
Germany’s general elections are this weekend. So who is likely to win?
- Carnival, Jabil Circuit, Lennar, Nike: Earnings To Watch Next Week
September 20 2013 5:53 AM
It looks like the Federal Reserve’s stimulus will continue to lift all financial-market boats, making third-quarter earnings less relevant.
- Bernanke Press Conference: Fed Still Could Decrease Stimulus In Late 2013
September 18 2013 1:00 PM
However, he added that if it takes the first step, subsequent steps will still be dependent on continued progress in the economy.
- August US Housing Starts Rise, But Permits Dip
September 18 2013 8:42 AM
Despite the rise, U.S. builders began work on fewer homes than expected in August and new building permits fell.
- The Problem With China's Land Reform
September 18 2013 5:50 AM
The process that promises shared prosperity often simply means local government forcing farmers into buildings while grabbing their land.