Articles by Nat Rudarakanchana
- The US Virgin Islands' Business Lure
March 18 2014 6:43 AM
The U.S. Virgin Islands is attempting to lure small businesses with substantial incentives. Here's how they're do it.
- Here's Why UBS Is Reviewing Its Precious Metals Business
March 17 2014 10:14 AM
The Swiss bank held trading portfolio assets of $9.7 billion in precious metals and other physical commodities.
- Darn This (Railroad) Traffic Jam - How Bottlenecks Delay Natural Resource Shipments
March 14 2014 10:19 AM
What's more, the infrastructure problem could persist throughout 2014, as railroads turn to shipping more-profitable crude oil.
- Russia Gold Sales Flagged As Outside Risk, If Sanctions Come
March 13 2014 6:14 PM
But Russia’s central bank has been a strong and consistent buyer of gold in the past several years.
- GE's Postmodern Refrigerator...It'll Be Here In 2020
March 13 2014 2:57 PM
It may be six years before General Electric works out the kinks and can sell the fridges commercially.
- Here's How Silver May Fare Under China's War On Pollution
March 13 2014 11:19 AM
The outlook for silver prices in relation to China’s giant solar panel industry is slightly bullish, but there are several unknowns.
- A Look At GE's Postmodern Subsea Oil Technology
March 12 2014 1:36 PM
If General Electric can help oil companies process oil at the seabed floor, it could earn millions and win fresh business in a competitive industry.
- Here Are Starbucks' Bets For 2014
March 12 2014 6:19 AM
The company’s ambitious ongoing agenda includes tapping into a $90 billion global tea market.
- If US Jobs Increase, Will Earnings Decrease?
March 11 2014 2:50 PM
Some investors have feared that more jobs may mean pain for stock market investors.
- The Little-Known Relationship Between China's Shadow Banking Sector And Copper
March 11 2014 10:40 AM
Up to half of China’s warehoused copper may be used in informal financing deals as collateral.
- Natural Gas Exports Still Face Obstacles, Despite Ukraine Promises
March 10 2014 11:33 AM
Underdeveloped transport and logistics infrastructure may prevent U.S. natural gas from becoming a global natural resource in the near future.
- Why You're Likely To Pay More For Milk
March 10 2014 9:50 AM
A tell-tale stat: Total dairy product sales to China surged 70 percent last year.
- 'I'm Still Not Buying Gold': Investor Jim Rogers
March 10 2014 6:23 AM
The man who made a fortune with George Soros back in the 1980s spoke with IBTimes about demand for natural resources worldwide.
- Peruvian Mining Sector Presents Opportunities Despite Obstacles
March 07 2014 12:54 PM
Investments in Peru’s mining sector could reach a record $14 billion in 2014.
- Why India's Gold Sector Plans To Protest Government Policy
March 05 2014 1:19 PM
Up to 500,000 stores are expected to take part in the demonstration.
- Facebook Is Worth More Than Its Weight In Gold, Sort Of
March 05 2014 10:19 AM
For Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp buy, investors could buy the entire South African gold mining industry, according to one gold analyst.
- This Is How Much Food The World Wastes
March 04 2014 10:45 AM
What's more, the number of daily calories lost per person varies from 400 calories a day to 1500 calories a day in the developed world.
- Sprint And US Gov't In Wiretap Billing Dispute
March 04 2014 8:23 AM
The government alleges that Sprint inflated expenses related to wiretap equipment mandated by the government, to the tune of $21 million.
- At GE, A Shift Toward Serving Local Power Market
March 03 2014 1:27 PM
The company launched a $1.4 billion distributed power business in late February.
- Why Investors Are Rotating To Gold Again
March 03 2014 8:21 AM
Once again, the precious metal is being favored as a safe haven, in light of the Ukraine crisis.