- Gold Funds Saw Heavy Outflows In October
November 04 2013 3:24 PM
Outflows from gold-backed specialist funds totaled 48 metric tons, surpassing September and August combined.
- Casinos In NY's Catskills?
November 04 2013 11:55 AM
The Catskills region in N.Y. state could see the most heated competition for scarce casino licenses if a referendum passes Tuesday.
- Icahn: Activist Investors Are Doing Well, And Rightly So
November 04 2013 10:52 AM
Hedge fund manager Carl Icahn said in a statement that activist investors will help keep U.S. companies competitive on world markets.
- Private Equity Underpining Return Of US IPO Market
November 04 2013 10:12 AM
Will Janet Yellen's ascension to the head of the U.S. central bank help to extend the current rally in IPOs?
- World’s Largest Beer Company Promises Innovation For 2014
November 01 2013 3:03 PM
The Belgian brewer moves to expand its already dominant global market share.
- Why The US Corporate Bond Market Is Doing Fine
November 01 2013 12:48 PM
Big U.S. companies are seeking and finding lenders in a responsive corporate bond market.
- If Gold Buyers Don't Appear, What Happens To Bullion?
November 01 2013 9:38 AM
Lower gold prices have yet to bring a fresh wave of bargain buying from China and India, whose investors may be turned off by the metal’s volatility.
- Starbucks’ European, African, Middle East Business Suffered In 2013
October 31 2013 11:29 AM
Despite strong earnings overall, Starbucks’ financial summary for 2013 so far highlighted a tough year in Europe and other regions.
- Barrick Gold Halts Work On Pascua Lama Mine
October 31 2013 9:58 AM
The major decision throws the world’s largest gold producer into even more uncertainty with respect to its overall mine plans.
- Japanese Pension Funds Show Strong Appetite For Gold
October 31 2013 6:26 AM
Japanese pension funds remain healthy gold investors, according to the World Gold Council.
- Perspectives On Central Bank Gold Buying
October 30 2013 5:11 PM
Does Russia's surprise buy in September mean anything for central banks' gold-buying in coming months?
- U.S. Tax Evasion Efforts Show Slow And Tricky Progress
October 30 2013 12:07 PM
The 2010 FATCA law requires foreign financial businesses, like banks, to disclose substantial information about their U.S. account holders.
- Credit Squeeze, Then Immigration Squeeze
October 29 2013 12:10 PM
UBS economist Paul Donovan explains exactly how the financial crisis may have sparked anti-immigration sentiment in Europe and America.
- Central Bank Gold Buying Slows, As Russia Sells
October 29 2013 10:03 AM
Russia sold 12,000 ounces of gold in September, a move that may have surprised gold markets.
- Single Malt vs. Blended Scotch: The Difference Matters
October 28 2013 12:17 PM
Single-malt Scotches have become more and more popular in the past few decades, with dominant U.S. makers now targeting emerging markets.
- Indian Investors Show Interest In Silver
October 28 2013 9:17 AM
Indian investors take a renewed shine to silver after tricky gold import rules dampen consumer demand for the more popular yellow metal.
- Gold Shortage In India Looms Ahead Of Gift-Giving Season
October 25 2013 9:39 AM
Gold jewelry stocks are unlikely to be replenished by Indian importers, who face burdensome new customs rules.
- Coca-Cola Wants To Remain The Real Thing In China Market
October 24 2013 4:25 PM
Coca-Cola has opened a new bottling plant in the key Hebei province.
- Japanese Casino Legalization Coming Into Public View
October 24 2013 3:05 PM
Japanese lawmakers will probably submit formal legislation seeking to overturn a ban on casinos soon.
- Open Letter To World Gold Council Says It Misrepresents Gold Demand
October 23 2013 3:50 PM
The letter says global gold demand is 1000 tons more than what council statistics say.