- Chinese Gold In 2013: An Extraordinary Year For Imports, Consumption, & Production
February 18 2014 3:51 AM
China produced, consumed and imported record amounts of gold in 2013.
- Gold Leads In 2014 Asset Return, So Far: Goldman Sachs
February 17 2014 1:02 PM
Gold has posted a return of 8 percent for the year to date, compared to a 2 percent gain in the NASDAQ.
- Some Fizz Likely In Coke's Q4 2013 Earnings
February 17 2014 10:06 AM
Coca-Cola has been through much, but investors should keep in mind the Wall Street axiom: "No one ever went broke, holding Coke."
- US Investors Warming Up To Gold Again?
February 17 2014 9:23 AM
As gold breaks free from narrow trading ranges, U.S. investors are once again showing interest in the metal as a form of insurance.
- Commodities Make Modest Comeback In Early 2014
February 14 2014 3:59 PM
Global natural resources performed better than sluggish stocks and bonds for the year to date.
- For Animal Rights Activists, A Win In Nestlé Case
February 14 2014 9:19 AM
Four dairy farmers charged with animal abuse could end up in prison.
- Commodities Could See Fall-Out From Emerging Markets Unrest
February 13 2014 3:23 PM
Gold, platinum and soybeans are among those markets most at risk, Goldman Sachs said.
- Gold Dealers May Avoid Bitcoin On Regulatory Fears
February 12 2014 4:58 PM
Confusion over money laundering rules seems prevalent at a few gold dealers.
- US Gold Coin Sales Mixed In Early New Year
February 12 2014 12:58 PM
U.S. gold coin sales fell 40 percent in January from a year earlier.
- Copper vs. Gold As Inflation Defense: Which Shines?
February 12 2014 10:03 AM
Historically, institutional investors have favored gold. How about during the post-financial crisis era?
- Is Pepsi Still The Choice Of A New Generation?
February 12 2014 9:21 AM
One quarterly stat institutional investors will scrutinize: Pepsi's sales in its declining North American beverage business.
- Brazil Agriculture Booms, Even As Grain Prices Wobble
February 11 2014 7:24 PM
Brazilian farm exports could surpass $100 billion in 2014, says the Agriculture Ministry.
- Amazon, eBay And Global E-Commerce: Q&A
February 11 2014 6:35 AM
ChannelAdvisor helps companies sell products online, and grew its revenue 30 percent in 2013, to $68 million.
- Why Unpopular Gold Mining Stocks Could Outperform Gold In 2014
February 10 2014 9:24 AM
The call to switch to gold mining stocks is increasingly popular among industry experts.
- What Argentina Means For Frontier Market Investors
February 06 2014 5:54 AM
Political and economic volatility in Argentina has underscored how frontier markets can turn sour quickly.
- What's Being Done To Make Your Food Safer To Eat
February 05 2014 10:05 AM
Poultry regulation may feature prominently in 2014 on advocates’ agendas, after two critical December reports made waves.
- China Wheat Intake Up 5,000%
February 04 2014 12:16 PM
The eye-catching statistic reflects China’s growing reliance on wheat imports to feed a nation of 1.35 billion people.
- Brazil’s Drought Sends Coffee Prices Skyward
February 04 2014 9:11 AM
Analysts had expected a bumper harvest this year for the world’s largest producer of Arabica coffee beans, but the weather isn't cooperating.
- Gold Prices Below $1,200 Could Mean Production Cutbacks
February 04 2014 6:50 AM
The World Gold Council estimates that about 30 percent of the gold mining industry becomes unprofitable below $1,200 per ounce.
- Mexican Pension Funds Show Interest In Gold
February 03 2014 12:31 PM
Interest from Mexico mirrors investments by Japanese pension funds, which have boosted gold holdings in recent years.