Articles by Nat Rudarakanchana
- State Vs. Federal Healthcare Exchanges: Contrasts And Lessons
October 21 2013 2:42 PM
Differences of scale, budget and system complexity may account for successful state health care launches and the flawed federal effort.
- A Google Stock Split?
October 21 2013 11:20 AM
As Google stock passed the $1,000 mark on Friday, markets wondered whether a stock split could come soon.
- Healthcare.gov Glitches Continue - Should Health Secretary Sebelius Resign?
October 18 2013 10:01 AM
President Obama’s signature legislative achievement - the federal health care exchange - hasn't received much praise in its first three weeks.
- McDonald’s Q3 2013 Earnings Preview: Fast Food Recovers
October 18 2013 5:56 AM
Sales should slowly recover worldwide, after several months of uneven growth and declines.
- Live Flash Auction Site Sees Strong Growth, International Expansion
October 17 2013 11:37 PM
The two-year-old Tophatter could hit annual sales of $40 million this year, and it has signed up more than 1 million members.
- 5 Economic Headaches That Will Remain After The Shutdown
October 17 2013 1:00 PM
Unemployment and a shrinking labor force are among pressing U.S. economic problems that remain to be addressed.
- General Electric Q3 Earnings Preview: Better News Next Time
October 17 2013 5:49 AM
The industrial conglomerate’s pace may be slowing, compared to more-specialized competitors.
- Irish Corporate Tax Reform? Wait And See
October 16 2013 3:25 PM
Irish corporate tax reform may be on the horizon, but it’s a long time coming, and short-term impacts are unclear.
- Coke Vs. Pepsi In 2013
October 16 2013 11:38 AM
Each has registered uninspiring sales and profit figures in 2013, as they slowly expand in emerging markets.
- The Gold Bugs May Have Disappeared, For Now
October 15 2013 1:45 PM
Gold market reaction to U.S. policy deadlock on the federal budget and debt ceiling has been surprisingly muted.
- Pepsi Continues Losses In American Beverages, But Snacks Help
October 15 2013 11:41 AM
Pepsi could be hurt by a slowdown in Brazil and Russia, two of its largest foreign markets.
- International E-Commerce Growth To Exceed US Growth Rate
October 15 2013 10:51 AM
Attractive markets include the Middle East and Russia, where there are an estimated 77 million Internet users.
- Golden Week Gambling Could Help Set Macau Revenue Record
October 14 2013 11:37 AM
The numbers are in and it's clear that Chinese tourists spent extravagantly at Macau’s casino tables during the Golden Week holiday.
- Coke Crawling Back After Poor Second Quarter
October 14 2013 10:33 AM
Improving consumer sentiment worldwide should help Coke recover in sales volume, its most closely watched metric.
- Four Things To Know About The End Of Amplats Strike
October 11 2013 12:21 PM
An 11-day strike was brought to a close, with 44,000 ounces of platinum lost as a result of the protracted unrest.
- US Mortgage Applications Slid In October
October 10 2013 10:22 AM
New U.S. mortgage applications fell 15 percent in October, after they'd peaked only five months earlier, according to S&P data.
- Who Screwed Up The Obamacare Website?
October 09 2013 6:07 PM
The website, which has suffered from technical glitches in the first week after its launch, cost at least $634 million in contracts.
- Traveling Businessmen Like McDonald’s, Starbucks
October 09 2013 3:06 PM
Starbucks attracted the most spending of any outlet from corporate credit cards, according to expense management tracker Certify.
- HSBC Index Underlines Slow Down In Emerging Economies
October 09 2013 10:50 AM
Emerging markets are stagnating, as businesses neither expand nor contract, according to the latest reading of the index.
- iPhone Is Dominant Platform For Shoppers Using Mobile Devices
October 09 2013 6:23 AM
Android phones are catching up, however, with retail sales processed on Android devices growing about 20% faster.