Articles by Nat Rudarakanchana
- IBM Pitches Big Data And Watson To Retailers
January 13 2014 7:13 PM
IBM’s CEO says the supercomputer could be a game-changer in many industries, despite doubts about its revenue potential.
- Why Costco's Growth Rate Is Impressive
January 13 2014 1:09 PM
A report surveyed the state of the global retail industry, as retail executives gathered at the NRF’s Big Show industry conference in New York.
- Gun Control Activists' Tactic For A Las Vegas Gun Show
January 13 2014 11:13 AM
The annual gun trade show is closed to the public.
- Will House Flipping Decelerate In 2014?
January 10 2014 11:36 AM
A companion question: Were U.S. home prices buoyed artificially by business investors in the market for quick profits?
- Silver Mining CEO Talks Markets And Outlook
January 10 2014 6:04 AM
The CEO of Coeur Mining spoke with IBTimes about the silver industry, and his remarks were candid and wide-ranging.
- Big Data In Retail: The Cat-And-Mouse Game Escalates
January 09 2014 1:41 PM
At the upcoming National Retail Federation trade show, data companies will unveil new products that track and predict shopping behavior.
- Just How Good Was 2013 For Amazon?
January 09 2014 12:00 PM
The initial 2013 Amazon data suggests that brick-and-mortar retail stores have much to be concerned about.
- Here's The Impact Cheaper Food Will Have On US Fast Food Sector
January 08 2014 1:24 PM
What's more, the argument runs counter to common Wall Street wisdom on commodities and fast food profit margins.
- How Poorly Did Commodities Fare In 2013?
January 08 2014 10:11 AM
Three of four major types of commodities fared poorly, on boosted global supply and fears over U.S. monetary policy.
- Cold Snap In US Weather Heats Up Commodity Prices
January 07 2014 12:19 PM
The coldest temperatures in 20 years may boost agricultural commodity prices in coming weeks.
- The Rise, And Fall, Of Commodity ETFs
January 07 2014 9:23 AM
Assets managed by commodity exchange-traded funds saw their biggest decline ever in 2013, according to ETF Securities.
- Commodity Investors Beginning To See Value In A Hot Cup Of Coffee
January 07 2014 9:01 AM
Inflows into coffee exchange-traded products totaled $203 million for the year, a new record.
- Swiss Central Bank Gold Strategy Backfired
January 06 2014 10:34 AM
What went wrong and how many billions did the Swiss central bank lose in write-downs on its 1,040 tons of gold reserves?
- Financial Sector Could Enjoy Buoyant 2014
January 06 2014 9:09 AM
Wall Street’s major financial institutions are set to report earnings later this month, in their first test of the new year.
- Corporate India’s Profits To Stay Weak
January 03 2014 11:44 AM
High interest costs and low earnings growth will pressure profit margins into 2014, said a top Indian research firm.
- Goldman Suggests 40 Stocks For 2014
January 03 2014 9:45 AM
The strategy bets on stocks that performed badly in 2013, assuming they can reverse recent underperformance.
- Starbucks Defends Frappuccino Trademark Warning To Missouri Brewery
January 03 2014 9:08 AM
Brewpub owner Jeff Britton got a cease-and-desist letter from Starbucks asking him to rename one of his beers.
- American Agriculture 2014: Bearish Signals And Farmland Bubbles Abound
January 01 2014 10:34 AM
Analysts see a fall from recent peaks in industrial agricultural spending by farmers, which could hurt equipment dealers, farmers and farmland investors.
- Gold In 2014: Chinese New Year And U.S. Economic Data Remain Key
December 31 2013 10:45 AM
Gold has had a terrible year, but analysts expect a slightly better outlook for 2014.
- Buy Gold, Pay Bitcoin: Budding Trend Or Nonsense Trade?
December 30 2013 12:53 PM
Some gold-selling startups have leaned toward accepting bitcoins in payment for gold.