Articles by Nat Rudarakanchana
- Rio Tinto To Review Stake In Alaska's Pebble Mine Project
December 23 2013 12:07 PM
The decision follows pressure by major pension funds.
- How Big Data Companies Are Trying To Win Corporate Clients
December 20 2013 2:16 PM
Devices that track your location and scan your face are on the brink of broad adoption, according to retail specialists.
- Why Were Americans Denied Bank Accounts Overseas?
December 20 2013 10:03 AM
It’s unclear whether the problem is isolated or systemic.
- How Good Was The US IPO Market In 2013?
December 20 2013 6:32 AM
A rising stock market, low interest rates and risk-friendly investors have helped propel 222 companies onto major exchanges.
- Why The Markets Reacted Well To The Fed's Stimulus Reduction
December 19 2013 10:40 AM
All of a sudden, there are several positive themes for the U.S. economy heading into the new year.
- How The Target Data Breach Affecting 40 Million Credit, Debit Cards Occurred
December 19 2013 8:21 AM
Info that may have been stolen includes customer names, card numbers, expiration dates and 3-digit security codes on the back of cards.
- Under Bernanke, US Averted Catastrophe, And Inflation Remains Under Control
December 18 2013 4:40 PM
Chairman Bernanke defended his eight-year track record at the Fed in his last press conference.
- JC Penney CEO Buys Chunk Of Starbucks Stock
December 18 2013 1:46 PM
The fates and futures of the two well-known brands diverge remarkably, to say the least.
- Amazon Wants China To Walk On The Cloud
December 18 2013 9:19 AM
The expansion represents another win for Amazon’s increasingly important cloud computing business.
- EU Banks Have Shed $1.1 Trillion In Assets Since 2011
December 17 2013 12:35 PM
Banks were better cushioned with capital to withstand financial losses, a new report states.
- Here's How Bad Venezuela’s Economy Is
December 17 2013 8:39 AM
One telling stat: Rampant inflation has stoked an underground black market for U.S. dollars, undermining tight Venezuelan currency controls.
- Gold Investors Eye Last Fed Meeting Of 2013
December 17 2013 5:06 AM
Any stimulus reduction talk will be analyzed for its impact on gold prices, in the last major economic event of the year.
- BP Oil Spill - Don’t Forget Rejected Claims, Alongside Fraudulent Ones: Lawyer
December 16 2013 2:29 PM
A plaintiff's attorney for claimants criticized strict documentation standards needed for claims on BP’s oil spill fund, arguing that thousands are left unpaid even if they suffered damages.
- Why Amazon’s German Workers Aren't Happy
December 16 2013 8:24 AM
The German union is demanding better pay and formal negotiations with the Seattle-based e-commerce giant.
- Newtown Spurred Strong Sales For Gun Makers
December 14 2013 10:55 AM
Gun sales after the Newtown tragedy soared as consumers sought to stay ahead of potential legislation.
- Volcker Rule Could Make Precious Metals Market More Transparent
December 12 2013 3:44 PM
Gold prices have been heavily influenced by ‘paper’ trading of gold contracts, overpowering the dynamics of much smaller physical gold market.
- Pepsi Is The Choice Of The Wild Wing Generation
December 12 2013 11:54 AM
Financial terms of the deal weren’t disclosed, though it will cover 975 U.S. stores.
- Strike A Pose - The Top Female Earners In Music For 2013: Forbes List
December 12 2013 8:40 AM
It's a battle among Madonna, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift. But don't feel too sorry for the third-place finisher.
- Why Mutual, Hedge Funds Still Favor Tech
December 11 2013 3:07 PM
Google, Apple and Microsoft remained heavy-hitters among top U.S. mutual and hedge funds.
- How Barclays Gauges Risk, Reward Of Industrial Company Shares
December 11 2013 11:17 AM
Traditional risk rankings for global industrial companies may no longer measure up to reality, according to Barclays.