- EPA Buries Hints On Pebble Mine Stance In Report: Lawyer
January 17 2014 2:58 PM
Secrets lie in the technical and tedious appendix J, according to a lawyer for Alaskan native tribes.
- General Electric - Talk About A Global Footprint
January 17 2014 12:06 PM
The company is considered a bellwether for the U.S. and global economy. Here's why.
- China Central Bank Still Likes Gold
January 17 2014 9:29 AM
Industry sources say the Chinese central bank bought over 1,600 tons of gold since its last official announcement on the topic in 2009.
- Cisco: Smart Tech Can Unlock More 'Untapped' Value
January 16 2014 2:36 PM
Retailers could realize an enormous revenue gain and/or cost savings in the coming decade by adopting “smart” device tech.
- What The EPA Doesn't Like About A Planned Copper-Gold Mine
January 16 2014 11:09 AM
The EPA took three years to wade through 1.1 million comments and emphasized likely environmental damage coming from any large-scale mine.
- General Electric Q4 Earnings Preview: Another Stellar Industrial Performance?
January 16 2014 5:32 AM
Investors will focus on GE's industrial operations, as the company prepares to spin off its consumer finance business.
- Smile, Your Airport's Probably Tracking You
January 15 2014 6:26 PM
It’s unclear how many airports globally have adopted rapidly growing phone-tracking technology.
- Twitter Chairman Talks Receipts In Relation To Square
January 15 2014 11:17 AM
The humble receipt was hailed as a “communication channel” and “product unto itself” by Twitter chairman Jack Dorsey.
- Amazon: Retailers Must Adapt To Survive
January 14 2014 7:45 PM
At Retail’s BIG Show in New York, smaller retailers expressed worry over how they could compete with Amazon’s ambitious agenda.
- Gold Stages Modest Comeback – Will It Last?
January 14 2014 10:13 AM
Gold rose to $1,250 per ounce on Monday, up $50 from the previous week’s trading ranges, as hedge funds pivoted with interest to the metal.
- Bank Of America Q4 Earnings Preview: Will The Improvement Trend Continue?
January 14 2014 6:27 AM
Ongoing litigation uncertainty, however, makes analysts wary of excessive optimism.
- IBM Pitches Big Data And Watson To Retailers
January 13 2014 7:13 PM
IBM’s CEO says the supercomputer could be a game-changer in many industries, despite doubts about its revenue potential.
- Why Costco's Growth Rate Is Impressive
January 13 2014 1:09 PM
A report surveyed the state of the global retail industry, as retail executives gathered at the NRF’s Big Show industry conference in New York.
- Gun Control Activists' Tactic For A Las Vegas Gun Show
January 13 2014 11:13 AM
The annual gun trade show is closed to the public.
- Will House Flipping Decelerate In 2014?
January 10 2014 11:36 AM
A companion question: Were U.S. home prices buoyed artificially by business investors in the market for quick profits?
- Silver Mining CEO Talks Markets And Outlook
January 10 2014 6:04 AM
The CEO of Coeur Mining spoke with IBTimes about the silver industry, and his remarks were candid and wide-ranging.
- Big Data In Retail: The Cat-And-Mouse Game Escalates
January 09 2014 1:41 PM
At the upcoming National Retail Federation trade show, data companies will unveil new products that track and predict shopping behavior.
- Just How Good Was 2013 For Amazon?
January 09 2014 12:00 PM
The initial 2013 Amazon data suggests that brick-and-mortar retail stores have much to be concerned about.
- Here's The Impact Cheaper Food Will Have On US Fast Food Sector
January 08 2014 1:24 PM
What's more, the argument runs counter to common Wall Street wisdom on commodities and fast food profit margins.
- How Poorly Did Commodities Fare In 2013?
January 08 2014 10:11 AM
Three of four major types of commodities fared poorly, on boosted global supply and fears over U.S. monetary policy.