Articles by Nat Rudarakanchana
- Strike A Pose - The Top Female Earners In Music For 2013: Forbes List
December 12 2013 8:40 AM
It's a battle among Madonna, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift. But don't feel too sorry for the third-place finisher.
- Why Mutual, Hedge Funds Still Favor Tech
December 11 2013 3:07 PM
Google, Apple and Microsoft remained heavy-hitters among top U.S. mutual and hedge funds.
- How Barclays Gauges Risk, Reward Of Industrial Company Shares
December 11 2013 11:17 AM
Traditional risk rankings for global industrial companies may no longer measure up to reality, according to Barclays.
- Hilton Launch Symbolizes Economic And Real-Estate Revival
December 11 2013 8:34 AM
The world’s largest hotel operator is returning triumphantly to public markets.
- China’s Gold Demand – Has It Peaked?
December 11 2013 7:49 AM
Chinese consumer demand for gold may reach the highest ever for any country in 2013.
- Why US Income Gap Is Expanding Fastest Among Middle-Aged Adults
December 10 2013 11:46 AM
The U.S. has some of the highest income-inequality levels in the world, among advanced economies, generally faring worse relative to European countries.
- China 2035 - Talk About Electricity Demand
December 10 2013 8:22 AM
Even with a Chinese economic slowdown, China's total power demand is expected to hit a remarkable level in 2035.
- Silver Investor Products Show Modest Gain, Even As Silver Prices Plunge
December 09 2013 2:59 PM
Silver prices have fallen over 30 percent since January, but investors have migrated modestly to the metal after an equally bad year for gold.
- Sysco & US Foods Merge - Food Distributor For The Postmodern Era
December 09 2013 11:30 AM
The two food companies lauded the synergy benefits they would receive thanks to the deal.
- A Platinum Pinch In 2014?
December 09 2013 10:51 AM
High costs at South African platinum mine companies mean that supplies will be limited in the near future.
- Cerberus Comes Closer To Selling Newtown Gun Maker
December 09 2013 8:06 AM
Activists planned to protest outside the private equity firm’s New York headquarters on Monday.
- Private Equity Sees Whether It Likes Socially Responsible Investing
December 06 2013 4:38 PM
Private equity dealmakers have slowly become aware that the greater good could make a real difference to their buyouts, exits and investments.
- Gold Hedging Talk Returns: Barclays
December 06 2013 1:07 PM
Should gold miners bet on gold price upswings in the face of rising production costs, or instead protect themselves from volatility?
- Australia Company Taps All WTC Retail Space
December 06 2013 10:06 AM
Global shopping-mall operator Westfield Group paid $1.4 billion for the privilege.
- Secret Russian Palladium Stockpiles: Runnin' On Empty
December 06 2013 8:57 AM
A leading metals and mining company said the Russian government may no longer have any palladium under its belt.
- Bitcoin: Interest From Wall Street Grows
December 05 2013 1:23 PM
Two major Wall Street banks penned their initial thoughts on bitcoin as a serious global currency this week.
- Thanksgiving Discounts May Be Myth For Most Retail Products
December 05 2013 11:50 AM
Detailed pricing research shows that many retailers didn’t discount deeply going into Thanksgiving 2013.
- Is A US Pension Crisis Up Ahead?
December 05 2013 10:11 AM
BlackRock CEO Larry Fink said underfunded pensions should be a top U.S. economic priority.
- The Financial And Equity Worlds According To BlackRock CEO Larry Fink
December 04 2013 4:09 PM
Fink did not mince words about Fed policy and the stock market with a New York audience.
- The Greek Economy's Glaring Social Cost
December 04 2013 9:29 AM
Almost a quarter of Greeks are at risk of poverty, according to recent Greek government statistics.