- Why The Markets Reacted Well To The Fed's Stimulus Reduction
December 19 2013 10:40 AM
All of a sudden, there are several positive themes for the U.S. economy heading into the new year.
- How The Target Data Breach Affecting 40 Million Credit, Debit Cards Occurred
December 19 2013 8:21 AM
Info that may have been stolen includes customer names, card numbers, expiration dates and 3-digit security codes on the back of cards.
- Under Bernanke, US Averted Catastrophe, And Inflation Remains Under Control
December 18 2013 4:40 PM
Chairman Bernanke defended his eight-year track record at the Fed in his last press conference.
- JC Penney CEO Buys Chunk Of Starbucks Stock
December 18 2013 1:46 PM
The fates and futures of the two well-known brands diverge remarkably, to say the least.
- Amazon Wants China To Walk On The Cloud
December 18 2013 9:19 AM
The expansion represents another win for Amazon’s increasingly important cloud computing business.
- EU Banks Have Shed $1.1 Trillion In Assets Since 2011
December 17 2013 12:35 PM
Banks were better cushioned with capital to withstand financial losses, a new report states.
- Here's How Bad Venezuela’s Economy Is
December 17 2013 8:39 AM
One telling stat: Rampant inflation has stoked an underground black market for U.S. dollars, undermining tight Venezuelan currency controls.
- Gold Investors Eye Last Fed Meeting Of 2013
December 17 2013 5:06 AM
Any stimulus reduction talk will be analyzed for its impact on gold prices, in the last major economic event of the year.
- BP Oil Spill - Don’t Forget Rejected Claims, Alongside Fraudulent Ones: Lawyer
December 16 2013 2:29 PM
A plaintiff's attorney for claimants criticized strict documentation standards needed for claims on BP’s oil spill fund, arguing that thousands are left unpaid even if they suffered damages.
- Why Amazon’s German Workers Aren't Happy
December 16 2013 8:24 AM
The German union is demanding better pay and formal negotiations with the Seattle-based e-commerce giant.
- Newtown Spurred Strong Sales For Gun Makers
December 14 2013 10:55 AM
Gun sales after the Newtown tragedy soared as consumers sought to stay ahead of potential legislation.
- Volcker Rule Could Make Precious Metals Market More Transparent
December 12 2013 3:44 PM
Gold prices have been heavily influenced by ‘paper’ trading of gold contracts, overpowering the dynamics of much smaller physical gold market.
- Pepsi Is The Choice Of The Wild Wing Generation
December 12 2013 11:54 AM
Financial terms of the deal weren’t disclosed, though it will cover 975 U.S. stores.
- Strike A Pose - The Top Female Earners In Music For 2013: Forbes List
December 12 2013 8:40 AM
It's a battle among Madonna, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift. But don't feel too sorry for the third-place finisher.
- Why Mutual, Hedge Funds Still Favor Tech
December 11 2013 3:07 PM
Google, Apple and Microsoft remained heavy-hitters among top U.S. mutual and hedge funds.
- How Barclays Gauges Risk, Reward Of Industrial Company Shares
December 11 2013 11:17 AM
Traditional risk rankings for global industrial companies may no longer measure up to reality, according to Barclays.
- Hilton Launch Symbolizes Economic And Real-Estate Revival
December 11 2013 8:34 AM
The world’s largest hotel operator is returning triumphantly to public markets.
- China’s Gold Demand – Has It Peaked?
December 11 2013 7:49 AM
Chinese consumer demand for gold may reach the highest ever for any country in 2013.
- Why US Income Gap Is Expanding Fastest Among Middle-Aged Adults
December 10 2013 11:46 AM
The U.S. has some of the highest income-inequality levels in the world, among advanced economies, generally faring worse relative to European countries.
- China 2035 - Talk About Electricity Demand
December 10 2013 8:22 AM
Even with a Chinese economic slowdown, China's total power demand is expected to hit a remarkable level in 2035.