Articles by Nat Rudarakanchana
- Gold Markets Even Murkier After Fed Stimulus Reduction Delay
September 24 2013 5:52 AM
Gold bugs and bears seem even more divided after last week, though they agree that the question of timing is deeply uncertain.
- Platinum And Palladium Shine As Metals To Watch
September 24 2013 5:46 AM
Strong automobile maker demand should boost the 2 metals over the next year, as they stand to outperform other commodities.
- Dennis Gartman On Gold, The Yen, US Energy
September 23 2013 12:19 PM
The influential investor spoke about gold markets, Japanese monetary policy and the U.S. energy boom.
- New McDonald’s Menu Item: Chicken And Waffles
September 20 2013 4:31 PM
The item is being tested at a California branch of the world’s biggest fast-food chain.
- Real Estate Crowdfunding May Be Preferable To REITs
September 20 2013 3:56 PM
Real estate investors may enjoy a new approach to investing, with real estate crowdfunding platforms.
- Aircraft Engine War Not Over With Cancellation of Major Joint Venture
September 20 2013 10:56 AM
Competition in the commercial engine market will stay stiff, so long as Pratt & Whitney’s PurePower engine stays ahead in the engineering game.
- Afternoon Calls Leave Negative Impressions And Drag Down Stock
September 19 2013 3:08 PM
Three university researchers found that the timing of an earnings call, whether morning or afternoon, can have significant effects on company stock.
- Indian Gold Smuggling On The Rise In 2013
September 19 2013 1:53 PM
Thanks partly to government tax hikes and confusing import rules, gold smugglers targeted India as a likely market for illegal gold in 2013.
- What BlackBerry’s Deep Staff Cuts May Mean For Its Future
September 19 2013 11:40 AM
The formerly influential smartphone maker has fallen out of favor in recent years, as consumers flock to Android and Apple’s iPhone systems.
- LinkedIn Challenges US Gov't Ban On Disclosing Data Requests
September 18 2013 12:32 PM
Two federal courts will decide the outcome of LinkedIn's bid to disclose how many national security data requests it gets from Washington.
- Goldman Advises Gold Miners To Hedge On Prices
September 18 2013 10:51 AM
Analysts at Goldman Sachs said 2013 prices aren’t great, but they're better than the prices we'll see next year.
- US Retail Faring Badly, As Asian Consumers Shop More
September 17 2013 5:33 PM
Holiday retail traffic this year in the U.S. is expected to be lower than last year’s.
- Greek Tourism Spending Helps GDP Growth, But Just Briefly
September 17 2013 11:17 AM
Increased tourism spending in the summer of 2013 could contribute to the best GDP growth figures Greece has seen in five years.
- Smart Watches Versus Traditional Watches: Peace, Not War
September 17 2013 5:54 AM
Smart watches are not expected to disrupt the $60 billion global watch market in a major way at first, according to bank analysts.
- Pebble Mine Partner Withdraws; Vast Project In Doubt
September 16 2013 6:30 PM
The London partner of a global mining partnership withdrew from a $4.6 billion Alaskan mine proposal, leaving the project’s future shaky.
- Citi Ups S&P 500 Forecast To 1900 By 2014
September 16 2013 9:36 AM
The analysts combined nine mostly quantitative methods to come up with the noteworthy 1900 figure.
- Kroger’s Digital Innovation Promising: Analysts
September 13 2013 3:09 PM
The U.S. supermarket giant is seeing huge adoption of its digital coupons, which are delivered through its popular app.
- Gold Market Holds Breath, Pending Fed Meeting News Next Week
September 13 2013 12:08 PM
Even though the reduction in Fed stimulus will come as no surprise, next week is key for the gold market.
- Dunkin Donuts Moves Into UK With Uncertain Prospects
September 12 2013 5:40 PM
The major U.S. brand has tried its hand in several international markets, with mixed results in the past decade.
- Barrick Gold Cuts Costs, Slims Portfolio
September 12 2013 2:54 PM
The world’s largest gold miner tried to reassure investors it has capital costs under control.