Articles by Nat Rudarakanchana
- The European Economic Rebound: Three Promising Trends
September 03 2013 11:14 AM
Strong manufacturing and air freight data are just some positive economic signs for Europe, alongside the U.K.’s slightly more robust recovery.
- Global Mining Stocks Are Worth Buying
August 30 2013 1:00 PM
Major mining companies could actually be a wise investment for investors, contrary to appearances.
- Fast-Food Workers Strike And Rally Nationwide
August 29 2013 10:33 PM
It’s unclear how much political or legal impact the continued strikes will have.
- Central Bank Gold Appetite Picking Up Slowly
August 29 2013 2:01 PM
Central bank managers were apparently reassured by a slightly more optimistic gold market in the past few summer weeks.
- Beer Brewery Mergers May Trigger Short-Term Price Spike
August 29 2013 12:00 PM
A new research paper examined the effect on beer prices of a 2008 merger of Coors and Miller breweries.
- Gold Could Reach $3,500, Says Maverick Citi Analyst
August 29 2013 7:54 AM
From the staid and storied halls of the world's third-largest bank comes a wild and woolly prediction about gold.
- South African Mining Sector Is Highly Uncompetitive
August 28 2013 3:51 PM
Heightened union unrest and tricky negotiations this summer plus the August 2012 Marikana mining massacre have scared away investors.
- Gold Rally: Is It For Real And Why?
August 27 2013 6:54 PM
Analysts identified unrest in Syria and potential U.S. military intervention there as key factors providing a quick boost to gold prices.
- EPA Chief Visits Alaskan Pebble Mine
August 27 2013 4:16 PM
New EPA chief Gina McCarthy visited the Alaskan site of a proposed giant copper and gold mine on Tuesday, as she contemplates a project mired in as much environmental controversy as the Keystone XL Pipeline.
- Jack Daniel’s Expands To Meet Global Whiskey Demand
August 23 2013 1:31 PM
The company will spend $100 million in the next year and a half, eventually creating 90 more jobs at its historic distillery.
- The Force Is With Him: Star Wars' Lucas Buys $10M In Starbucks Stock
August 23 2013 9:36 AM
George Lucas’ wife, Mellody Hobson, is a Starbucks board director.
- Wall Street Hiring Is Increasing, Slowly But Surely
August 22 2013 10:30 AM
About half of the 200 top MBA students and graduates polled said major banks were aggressively recruiting them.
- For Bill Ackman, Fast Food = Big Bucks
August 22 2013 7:10 AM
Hedge fund billionaire Bill Ackman has done well by consistently betting on fast food companies.
- Herbalife-Ackman Row Continues With Shareholder Letter
August 21 2013 3:26 PM
Herbalife says the hedge fund manager has hired a PR firm to, in effect, run down the value of the nutritional supplement company.
- Gold Moves Via Switzerland To Asian Buyers
August 21 2013 10:24 AM
The first half of 2013 saw record UK-to-Switzerland gold flows, as refineries transformed gold into a form acceptable to Asian buyers.
- US Real Estate Recovery Is Uneven Until 2014
August 20 2013 5:08 PM
Commercial real estate development lagged significantly in 2013 and traditionally picks up after the residential housing recovery.
- UBS To Investors: Don't Overlook Company Culture, Social Responsibility
August 20 2013 2:25 PM
The best U.S. companies to work for tended to generate better returns than those with weaker corporate brands or staff morale.
- Gold Production Costs Rise, But Sale Prices Fall
August 19 2013 3:57 PM
One industry estimate shows that gold producers could be losing $100 to $200 for every ounce sold at current market prices.
- Home Depot Q2 Earnings Preview: US Housing Sector Tailwind?
August 19 2013 10:53 AM
Analysts expect revenue for the home improvement and hardware chain to increase 5.5 percent, up from a 2.1 percent a year ago.
- Hosni Mubarak May Be Freed After Acquittal On Corruption Charges
August 19 2013 8:38 AM
The former president still faces charges that he was complicit in killing hundreds of protesters by ordering his security forces to do so.