Manchester United News: Sir Alex Ferguson Says Robin van Persie Is Getting Better and Better All The Time
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes signing Robin Van Persie from Arsenal has been his biggest transfer of this summer and can make a difference to bring back the title from City rivals Manchester City.
United boss signed Van Persie for £24 m from League rivals Arsenal. The Dutch International was also been targeted by Roberto Mancini but Ferguson was successful in signing the former Arsenal skipper.
Ferguson said Van Persie is getting better and better and has already made an immediate impact being the top scorer for the club this season scoring eight goals. The Dutch International along with Wayne Rooney has found a great deal of partnership which could create trouble to any defense in the world.
“Robin’s performances are getting better all the time now. He’s got there with his fitness, which is fine now. Last week against Stoke and on Tuesday against Braga, his movement was fantastic. I really was impressed with that” Ferguson said while speaking to The Mirror.
Sir Alex Ferguson: Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City Are Favorites To Win The Premier League
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has claimed that only three teams Chelsea, United and Manchester City are favorites ruling out Arsenal and Tottenham Hostpurs to win the prestigious Premier League Title this season.
United boss believes his team along with Chelsea and City are in a very good position to win the League and would be surprised if one of the three doesn’t win the League. With just three months to the start of the league, Ferguson has already declared it as a three-horse race.
"I think Chelsea, City and ourselves are creating that little gap from the rest" Ferguson told The Mirror.
"It's difficult to be dead certain, but I would be surprised if one of us three didn't win it"
Ferguson and his men face their toughest challenge of this season as they travel to Stamford Bridge this weekend to face the European Champions who are currently standing at the top in the League table. United boss believes the weekend clash against Chelsea could have major implications for the title race.
Barcelona Transfer News: Pep Guardiola Wanted To Sell Gerard Pique, David Villa, Dani Alves and Cesc Fabregas
FIFA agent Francois Gallardo has revealed that former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola would have stayed to Camp Nou if the club had agreed to sell Gerard Pique, David Villa, Dani Alves and Cesc Fabregas.
Guardiola signed Fabregas from Arsenal during 2011 summer transfer window and was looking to sell the player just after a year as the former Blaugrana coach was disappointed with former Arsenal skipper’s performance.
The Spanish International ended his four-year term with the Spanish Giants in May saying he is exhausted and required time to charge his batteries. The coach wanted to the sale of quartet which was not granted by the club’s President Sandro Rosell who saw those four players as untouchable.
"Guardiola announced his terms of renewal to Rosell. Among them was the sale of four players - Alves, Pique, Cesc and David Villa" Gallardo said.
Brazilian star player Neymar was reportedly linked with a move to the Spanish Giants Barcelona which has been denied by his current club Santos.
Reports earlier had emerged that Barcelona had paid an initial €10 m to bring the young Brazilian talent to Camp Nou during the next summer transfer. Catalan Sports media outlets, Mundo Deportivo and Sport, have insisted has been agreed for the future transfer of Neymar to the Camp Nou for the past twelve months.
The Brazilian club has ruled out any possible move for their star player and are in no mood to sell their top asset until 2014, when the player’s contract with the club expires. The club released an official statement on their website denying any transfer talks between Barcelona and Santos regarding Neymar’s transfer.
"Santos rejects any possibility of selling Neymar to Barcelona or any other team. There are no negotiations under way, and the club reiterates that the attacker has a contract until 2014, which he will see out until the end"
Manchester City News: Roberto Mancini Responds To Micah Richards Comments, Says Players Need To Adapt To His Style
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has taken one step further by insisting that players who do not agree with his techniques and methods will have a limited future with the club
The Italian was criticized by City player Micah Richards who suggested his fellow defenders were not happy with the manager’s new formation of playing with three defenders, which resulted in a defeat against Ajax during mid-week Champions League clash.
However City boss had a different opinion cause the English Champions have already adopted with playing just three defenders and Richards is very new to Mancini's new style of play.
"With this system we have got a result every time. Maybe Micah doesn't know this because he has been out for two and a half months" Mancini said.
"He has probably worked on it less than other players but the next time we play this system Micah can stay on the bench and we will use another player who understands the system"